Line Combos: 2014-15 vol. II

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
So Ryan says that he wants to see what his role is going to be before signing ... And we stick him on the second line again? Really?

Wiercioch2Karlsson

Sep 13, 2010
Ideal top 9, IMO:

MacArthur Turris Stone
Michalek Zibanejad Ryan
Puempel Legwand Chiasson

I love that.

Smith, Condra, Greening, Neil, round out the forwards, then we also have Hoffman, Grant, and Robinson available as call ups.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Ideal top 9, IMO:

MacArthur Turris Stone
Michalek Zibanejad Ryan
Puempel Legwand Chiasson

I love that.

Smith, Condra, Greening, Neil, round out the forwards, then we also have Hoffman, Grant, and Robinson available as call ups.

I love everything about those lines, even Puempel. Although, I only really like that if next years lines are:

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Puempel - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson

If he isn't in the plans for top 6 next year, I feel he would be better suited for another year playing top minutes in the AHL. Just my opinion.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
attachment.php

Last edited:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think it would be easier for puempel to make the roster if he can score tonight. Our RW depth is just a lot better.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hoffman hardly played at all last yr except near the end of the yr, that is a terrible example. How many times have we heard they want to play a vet with a young guy on defence & I have heard this yr they would like to play Legwand with one of the young guys. IMO PM doesn't trust the young guys the way he trusts his older players & rookies make rookie mistakes, it happens all the time. To reduce rookie mistakes is to have them separated & playing with experienced players that's why I say it. If both rookies are defensively responsible & are playing the game the right way as they say, then it's possible they could play together more but I think that will take a yr or two for Hoffman.

Neil & Greening should not be on the ice at the same time :laugh: where have you been for the last few yrs they have played together along with Smith consistently for a few yrs now. PM plays them a lot, having you seen all the threads complaining about it. If BM makes a deal for another top 9 forward that will likely result in Greening playing on the 4th line unless he is part of the trade. If Hoffman proves himself to the coach to be defensively responsible which takes some young guys a few yrs to learn Hoffman could play full time on the 3rd with Legwand & Stone. Phillips :laugh: that's funny too since PM plays him quite a bit as well. I think you are going to have a very frustrating yr watching Greening, Neil, Phillips & Gryba play a lot.

Right on!

Regarding your comment about it taking a few years for some young guys to learn how to be defensively responsible, some never learn or reject playing defensively for various reasons (e.g., uncoachable, believe they are offensive players who need to conserve their energy for goal scoring).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Michalek-Legwand-Chiasson
Smith-Lazar-Neil

Try that for a bit?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Smith-Lazar-Neil

Try that for a bit?

Keep Lazar away from Neil. He has so much creativity.

MacArthur - Turri s- Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Lazar
Chiasson - Legwand - Stone
Michalek - Smith - Neil

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Smith-Lazar-Neil

Try that for a bit?

I like that with a few changes to the 4th line:

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Greening-Pageau-Lazar

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Smith-Lazar-Neil

Try that for a bit?
Got my centers mixed around obviously (after seeing last night's game)

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan (bold. locked in)
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson (??)
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone (a new line is born)
Smith-Legwand-Neil (??)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Got my centers mixed around obviously (after seeing last night's game)

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan (bold. locked in)
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson (??)
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone (a new line is born)
Smith-Legwand-Neil (??)

That's what they were rolling yesterday and I thought every line ranged from good to very good. I'd go with this lineup for the next week or more. Let's build some consistency by playing the same lineup.

Also more minutes for the kid line and less minutes for the Legwand line. Actually, less minutes for Legwand.

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Loved the kid line last night, but that Smith-Legwand-Neil line was brutalllll. I don't understand why Mac had them out with 1:30 to go.

I'd like to see:

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibby-Chiasson
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Greening-Legwand-Condra/Neil

I understand Smith's value, but he's honestly expendable at this point. He has some value and could definitely fetch us a solid defender, especially if he's packaged with one of our d-men. Smith isn't exactly fast, or consistently physical - a player like Derek Grant or Pageau could be called up if one of our d-men go down and it's necessary. We need more mobility out of the d-men, Smith + Weir + (??) for Sekera?

Methot-Karlsson
Sekera-Ceci
Phillips-Boro
Cowen-Gryba

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Went to the game last night and the kid line was so hungry for the puck, I don't how or why they would ever break that line up for at least a week to see if it's consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad