2014-15 Second Line Centre

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Habs fan here coming in peace.

I am in a very deep hockey pool and my pick is coming up. I am just looking for total points.

Who slots in as the Oilers second line centre? Is it Draisaitl or Arcobello?

The both worry me as I do not want to draft Draisaitl and have him not make the team or only get a nine game tryout. Their is no dropping or trading in my pool.

Arcobello scares me as well because he is a small offensive centreman which I think is better suited for the smaller Eastern conference.

So who do you guys think will be the second line centre and who has the higher points upside?

Thanks for your help.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I think Arco has the inside line, and Mac T's moves and interviews support this. However there is a decent amount of competition and even if Arco wins the spot to begin with Leon, Lander, or maybe even a guy like Yakimov could surprise and take it from him.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I think neither will be by December.
Once Arcobello proves that he can't handle it and Draisaitl either gets sent back down or succeeds on the 3rd line with the 2 vets, we'll have our answer. I still get the feeling we'll get Berglund

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Is Arcobello a pretty safe bet to play in the NHL the full season? Would he have to go through waivers to be sent down?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Is Arcobello a pretty safe bet to play in the NHL the full season? Would he have to go through waivers to be sent down?

No, he's a pretty terrible bet. He slightly outplayed the slowly dying Gagner and management is presumably giving him the nod based on his play before getting sent down.

Not sure about his waiver eligibility. Too lazy to check.

Eirhead*

It's a risky pick no matter what. But I'd put my money on Draisaitl taking the position.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
I think you'd be silly to consider either in a pool at this point, unless you're talking a keeper pool, in which case why take anyone besides Draisaitl.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The pool has 20 members and we draft 16 rounds. 320 players get picked. So yeah it is a very deep pool. I am about ten picks away and it is in the last round. At this point of the draft if you can get a 30 point player you would have a good selection.

I am just looking for someone who will play either a top six role and/or power play time. I can not find anyone still available that fit that criteria.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Personally I think Arcobello will be good for 30+ pts. He's got offensive talent and the wingers to produce.

Oilers have RNH and Gordon as their only "for sure" C's... I don't think Yakimov sees a full NHL season... can't see them pushing him directly into the NHL without giving him time in the AHL 1st... probably at least half an AHL season at a minimum.

Arcobello and Draisaitl likely stick in the 2C and 3C roles at least initially... and both should be able to throw up some decent offensive numbers but betting on Draisaitl is much more risky because he "could" be sent down and of course he could have a very shaky rookie year even if he sticks.

Arcobello would be the "safer" pick to hit 30+ pts imo.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Yakimov is not NHL ready. IF not Dr. Drai I think you give Arco a shot, however when he proves to be a failure. I think you put Gordon on 2 and start some patch work on the lower lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad