Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Goodbye Rinaldo!!

I'm happy for Goulbourne. People have ragged on the guy, but it wasn't his fault that Holmgren and company selected him in the third round. He'll be a good bottom six player who will hit rather hard and will defend his teammates. He certainly won't cause any stupid penalties for his team either and he plays hard, but with a sense of control.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm happy for Goulbourne. People have ragged on the guy, but it wasn't his fault that Holmgren and company selected him in the third round. He'll be a good bottom six player who will hit rather hard and will defend his teammates. He certainly won't cause any stupid penalties for his team either and he plays hard, but with a sense of control.

Plus, he's a regular on the Rockets PK, is he not?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers should bring him up to the Phantoms ASAP when his season ends. The sooner that he gets a taste of the pro game, the better.

Kelowna the team he plays for is the odds on favorite to not only win the WHL but the Memorial Cup as well. He's very likely not going to be available in time.

All of the Flyers CHL prospects play on good to pretty good teams. We very well might not see many of them with Phantoms this year. Aube-Kubel looked like the best bet but his team is hitting their stride as of late & moving up the standings.

Last edited:

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Aubé-Kubel's point streak continues with an assist today. A pass deflected off of his skate to the D-man who hammered it home.

Had a nice play in the third where he spun around in the offensive zone and found Gauthier open with a pass through two defenders. Gauthier would've scored if it weren't for him being tripped.

Meanwhile I came away impressed with Richard once again - 2 goals today and nifty moves all around. He'd be even better if he started utilising his team mates more though. Wouldn't mind picking him in the 3rd or 4th round if he is around then.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
The Rockets just came through Victoria this past weekend and I took the opportunity to head down to the rink for a couple of games. I've seen Ghoul a few times now but it was tough to keep track of him in these games as the Rockets are absolutely stacked with talent and he's seen his early season scoring-ish role swapped back to more of a pure checking role again. Hes a regular on the PK. He's still an important part of this teams' run and as mentioned above is highly unlikely to be available to bring up. His skating is good, he's got a clean stride.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Phantoms win in OT. Gave Manning credit for the GWG, but looked like Cousins tipped it in.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
Didn't realize he was that quick. It will be a plus for him, and if he develops as a hard worker and continues to PK at the net level, he'll be a 4th liner for us one day

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Didn't realize he was that quick. It will be a plus for him, and if he develops as a hard worker and continues to PK at the net level, he'll be a 4th liner for us one day

He's got good awareness along with the hands to be effective around the net. He pretty much only scores off the rush & in around the net whether it be redirects or banging home rebounds. He won't be a Wayne Simmonds but I think he'll have the ability to contribute enough offensively for his role.

He gets compared to Rinaldo but I really don't see it. He doesn't hit nearly as hard as Rinlado or as much but he's a much better scrapper. He's much more smarter & more disciplined than Rinaldo,

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He's got good awareness along with the hands to be effective around the net. He pretty much only scores off the rush & in around the net whether it be redirects or banging home rebounds. He won't be a Wayne Simmonds but I think he'll have the ability to contribute enough offensively for his role.

He gets compared to Rinaldo but I really don't see it. He doesn't hit nearly as hard as Rinlado or as much but he's a much better scrapper. He's much more smarter & more disciplined than Rinaldo,

Seems like a tougher Prust ? Is that a fair comparison

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Seems like a tougher Prust ? Is that a fair comparison

I think Prust is his upside as a player but Prust is a pretty tough dude himself so it's hard to say he'll be a tougher version.

They both take on the big boys & give up a lot of size but still do well in fights. Prust is more tactical in his fights while Goulbourne is a free swinger who keeps throwing them until he can't.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There was just a sequence in the Kelowna-Calgary game with Goulbourne on the PK stealing the puck and outracing Virtanen (who is an absolute PP killer btw) to the goal for a shorthanded chance. Virtanen is probably the fastest player in the league (or so I thought).

Draisaitl got a 5 and a game for goalie interference. :laugh:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
There was just a sequence in the Kelowna-Calgary game with Goulbourne on the PK stealing the puck and outracing Virtanen (who is an absolute PP killer btw) to the goal for a shorthanded chance. Virtanen is probably the fastest player in the league (or so I thought).

Draisaitl got a 5 and a game for goalie interference. :laugh:

5 and a game for goalie interference? what did he do clothesline the goalie?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
No assist for Sanheim on that go ahead goal but that was a god damn amazing sequence by him. Just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad