Injury Report: 2014-15 Playoff injuries revealed: Bishop (groin tear), Johnson (broken right wrist)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Reporter: Coach Cooper is Ben Bishop going to be playing game 3?

Cooper:
giphy.gif

just for fun we should send bishop, vasy, guds and wilcox up there! then say we did it because vasy tweaked something in practice!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yeah, we’re not sure,’’ captain Steven Stamkos said before joking, “if we were, probably wouldn’t tell you anyway

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Johnson was not there for the optional skate. We were speculating he might be hurt in the other thread and Cooper went 12F/6D so maybe there's something to it after all.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Johnson was not there for the optional skate. We were speculating he might be hurt in the other thread and Cooper went 12F/6D so maybe there's something to it after all.

Imo, having been a center 90% of my playing days, I feel it takes more out of you lower body wise than upper body wise to take a draw. You have to get low, very low if you're short like johnson and it takes a lot of bend in your knees.

Nlw, think knees...johnsons knee bent in, hyper extended in the MTL series on the play with gallagher. He's still fast but I don't think he's 100% in his speed. Though it's not really noticeable that he isn't at 100% because he's still faster than everybody on the ice.

Just my thoughts.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Imo, having been a center 90% of my playing days, I feel it takes more out of you lower body wise than upper body wise to take a draw. You have to get low, very low if you're short like johnson and it takes a lot of bend in your knees.

Nlw, think knees...johnsons knee bent in, hyper extended in the MTL series on the play with gallagher. He's still fast but I don't think he's 100% in his speed. Though it's not really noticeable that he isn't at 100% because he's still faster than everybody on the ice.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for that.

How about a wrist injury, whould that affect his face-offs?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Thanks for that.

How about a wrist injury, whould that affect his face-offs?

Well, my level of play was lower than grown men taking players hands off with slashes and getting roughed up but if I had a bruised or sore wrist, or arm, I could take draws. Ankle injury I had, couldn't even set up for a faceoff, I had giraffe legs like sustr when I tried.

Depends on the player, Johnson could have an upper body injury, who knows but the only evident thing I rber so far that showed him laboring was the knee injury. Maybe he has something to do with his ribs, you use you obliques and lats for draws a little so maybe that's bothering him?

We'll know after its all over I'm sure, just speculating right now.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
i really hope Bishop can go ..... Vasy looks like a keeper, but im pulling HARD for TBL, so hopefully the #1 will be ok

go get em !!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Gudlevskis is eligible to backup. I don't think we have any goalies available beyond him, though.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I have no idea if that's normal but he's part of the Black Aces that have been practicing all playoffs with the team.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL

Just my thoughts.

As a center that is 5 feet and 9 inches myself I completely agree.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/cooper-bishop-still-in-holding-pattern/2233110
The mystery surrounding the apparent injury to Lightning goalie Ben Bishop continues, with coach Jon Cooper not able to confirm he will start in tonight's Game 4 against the Blackhawks.

"We're in the same holding pattern as we were 48 hours ago," Cooper said.
It certainly looks like Bishop will play tonight. He participated in the morning skate, faced shots as usual, and was the first Lightning goalie off the ice. Bishop was surrounded by a throng of reporters and cameras in the lockeroom after the skate, but offered little information.

When asked if he's starting tonight, Bishop quipped, "We'll see."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad