Prospect Info: 2014/15 Marlies/Prospects Thread V.6 - Now with more Leipsic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Nylander really turning up his game (points wise) a lot recently!
Heard he's been playing hard and well all year tho so thats great :handclap:

Also didn't he get an assist on the first goal? So that would give him two apples tonight?
Don't think so. Froese unassisted.
I cant believe someone said Conner's production would fall off a cliff. Hasnt happened yet.
Our kid combo is looking good

"someone".

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Ehhh.. Shanny and co. will take it slow with these prospects, but IMO, Loov's a dark horse candidate for me to make the Leafs next year. He's been improving at a very good rate over the past few years
Would it even be a good idea to have Leivo and the rest play next season? Personally, I think Brown is the only Marlie who should be given a try next season. Everyone else lacks on the production front. Let them dominate the AHL first and then move onto the NHL afterwards.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nylander scoring at a .70 PPG pace.

He's 18 years old.

18 year olds rarely play in the AHL, let alone perform as good as he is.

I've been the biggest pusher and supporter of Nylander, but he's starting to even surprise me

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

He's 18 years old.

I've been the biggest pusher and supporter of Nylander, but he's starting to even surprise me

12 points in his last 14, almost ppg since the initial few games of adjustment. I think it's likely he's a ppg+ player going forward.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
It is a refreshing change to hear positive talk about an MLSE team. The Leafs are really depressing.

Nylander is looking more good. Do you think it's wise to insert him into a really messed up NHL line-up next season?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It is a refreshing change to hear positive talk about an MLSE team. The Leafs are really depressing.

Nylander is looking more good. Do you think it's wise to insert him into a really messed up NHL line-up next season?

Doesn't that depend on how many of the existing bad eggs they still have on the roster?

Maybe they sign a couple character players to replace the current top 6?

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

He could probably hold his own, I would keep him away from the gong-show for now. It has nothing to do with talent level or performance more that I wouldn't want him picking up bad habits from our players

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Forgot we drafted Reilly in 2012? lol

No I'm not forgetting Rielly. He's not that impressive yet.

If Nylander is really impressive he'd be one of the best, not in his draft class, but in the NHL.

Comparison to draft class is irrelevant once you're drafted, because then your peer group is everyone in the NHL.

Does anyone compare Datysyuk to his draft class? Nope. They compare him to everyone in the NHL. That's what makes him impressive, not how he compares to others drafted in 1998.

Outside of the ROTY there's no award for best in draft class.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
No I'm not forgetting Rielly. He's not that impressive yet.

If Nylander is really impressive he'd be one of the best, not in his draft class, but in the NHL.

Comparison to draft class is irrelevant once you're drafted, because then your peer group is everyone in the NHL.

Does anyone compare Datysyuk to his draft class? Nope. They compare him to everyone in the NHL. That's what makes him impressive, not how he compares to others drafted in 1998.

Outside of the ROTY there's no award for best in draft class.

ROTY can span multiple draft classes though...

Datsyuk didn't do much till he was late 20s

The gamebreaking skill Nylander displays at 18 is grounds to be excited for the kid, especially with the skating, IQ and gonads to pull off the things he thinks up he's going to be an electrifying forward. I just feel his talent is better suited at the center of the ice especially where he can use his puck stealing and back cheking abilities combined with his speed and intelligence

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
This draft is HUGE for us. We gotta got an ace. Nylander/Rielly looking good, along with some B prospects
prospects.

The more I see Leipsic, I'm impressed. Just everything you want out of a player.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

He's 18 years old.

Boston Bruins Swedish pick at 25 in the same draft recorded 27 points in something like 24 ahl games before being called up to the nhl... For the same reason you've pointed out, I'm wondering why were not hearing a lot more talk of him.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Going to throw this out there - McDavid has gone 2 games without a point this year, both times against Niagara. Which centre was he matching up against - Verhaeghe! ... Im going with it because the guy does seem like he could be a good two-way centre.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Going to throw this out there - McDavid has gone 2 games without a point this year, both times against Niagara. Which centre was he matching up against - Verhaeghe! ... Im going with it because the guy does seem like he could be a good two-way centre.

Who needs McDavid when we have Verhaeghe :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad