Line Combos: 2014-15 Lineups - Part II

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
stamkos connolly callahan

tyjo clutch drej

flipper killorn drouin

boyle vladdy paquette
morrow - brown

brown morrow barberio on bench

am very happy some of the kids are doing pk keep cally flipper etc.. safe in playoffs re evaluate but for now like what see

I sorta like that Cally and Flip are off the PK, Coop has been throwing that Flip-Stamkos-Callahan line out after a PK.

Top line needs to stay together. They had some excellent games, but honestly, no line has really looked good the last game.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Top line needs to stay together. They had some excellent games, but honestly, no line has really looked good the last game.

I agree with you, they are starting to show chemistry. Moreover, even the past two games where the team has blown dog, it hasn't really been that line that blows dog - just Stamkos trying to do too much sometimes. I'm for keeping the lines as they are, allow chemistry to form naturally.

Also - I don't want him trying to jumpstart Stamkos by moving Palat or Kucherov from TJ's wing - that line has been too good to **** with.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree with you, they are starting to show chemistry. Moreover, even the past two games where the team has blown dog, it hasn't really been that line that blows dog - just Stamkos trying to do too much sometimes. I'm for keeping the lines as they are, allow chemistry to form naturally.

Also - I don't want him trying to jumpstart Stamkos by moving Palat or Kucherov from TJ's wing - that line has been too good to **** with.

Well that's another reason, no way should Coop break up that Johnson line. Yeah even that line had been meh the last game. But it's going to happen. I like what I'm seeing with the top line and the league has even made note of that line as well. It's good because if we have 2 top scoring lines, very hard to defend.

I think our problem has been the D messing up the Offensive mind-set. I basically mean, when we give up too many goals, it deflates the offense, lowers their motivation and changes their momentum. If we give up two less goals last game, we have a good chance to come back and even win.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Well that's another reason, no way should Coop break up that Johnson line. Yeah even that line had been meh the last game. But it's going to happen. I like what I'm seeing with the top line and the league has even made note of that line as well. It's good because if we have 2 top scoring lines, very hard to defend.

I think our problem has been the D messing up the Offensive mind-set. I basically mean, when we give up too many goals, it deflates the offense, lowers their motivation and changes their momentum. If we give up two less goals last game, we have a good chance to come back and even win.

The D is screwed up with Hedman out, but I feel that will largely correct when he's back. The other thing to take note of is our forwards need to help more on D - and that I do put on the "top" line. PTK have been excellent in the defensive zone (generally), in that when the D does finally get the puck, the breakout tends to be successful because they support the D very well. Stamkos' line is a little too quick out of the zone. That's probably been the one weakness with Namestnikov's line too, but that line is pretty much all rookies so it's easier to forgive.

Defense is a five person job - I think some people on the team forget that. Yeah, Carle has been bad, and Sustr has been inconsistent, and Brewer is showing his age, but it's not all on them. The biggest bother with me is when your #1D goes down, it should be a signal to the rest of the team to tighten up, but that hasn't really happened.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The D is screwed up with Hedman out, but I feel that will largely correct when he's back. The other thing to take note of is our forwards need to help more on D - and that I do put on the "top" line. PTK have been excellent in the defensive zone (generally), in that when the D does finally get the puck, the breakout tends to be successful because they support the D very well. Stamkos' line is a little too quick out of the zone. That's probably been the one weakness with Namestnikov's line too, but that line is pretty much all rookies so it's easier to forgive.

Defense is a five person job - I think some people on the team forget that. Yeah, Carle has been bad, and Sustr has been inconsistent, and Brewer is showing his age, but it's not all on them. The biggest bother with me is when your #1D goes down, it should be a signal to the rest of the team to tighten up, but that hasn't really happened.

Yes totally agree. If the Stamkos line can stay in the Offensive zone more they are going to score. Too much talent on that line to not when you are sustaining pressure. It seems every time they get the puck in the offensive zone, it is right back out in the neutral zone. It's been frustrating. I look at the Rangers and Islanders game(first islanders game) and we were putting the pressure on there and the results were showing up on the score-sheet.

Yeah, we have been winning a ton of games, against good teams also, without Hedman, but we have lost games where Hedman would of made the difference for us. The D has not been sharp and Hedman cannot come back soon enough.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Didn't see any other place to put this, but since Tampa is deep with young forwards, what would/could you guys offer up for Ryder, Jagr, or Zidlicky. Not sure who would fit there, but the Devils could use some young forwards with potential.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Didn't see any other place to put this, but since Tampa is deep with young forwards, what would/could you guys offer up for Ryder, Jagr, or Zidlicky. Not sure who would fit there, but the Devils could use some young forwards with potential.

not sure but I wouldnt mind seeing jagr on this team. Cap hit is pretty big though and not exactly a need, more of a luxury. We need Defense.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Hmm, Zidlicky... sounds very interesting to me.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
not sure but I wouldnt mind seeing jagr on this team.

I feel like he would be a nice compliment to the speed and youth of the Lightning. If they would somehow be willing to flip a young forward for Jagr, that would be really good for the Devils.

Hmm, Zidlicky... sounds very interesting to me.

There's a solid chance the Devils stay on the bubble and Lou is stubborn and doesn't sell anyone either.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I feel like he would be a nice compliment to the speed and youth of the Lightning. If they would somehow be willing to flip a young forward for Jagr, that would be really good for the Devils.

There's a solid chance the Devils stay on the bubble and Lou is stubborn and doesn't sell anyone either.

not interested in those guys that much myself but but but

larsson or merrill for killorn

at the trade deadline ? after have hedman for some time so can see if we need another d guy desperately for a cup push zidlicky for killorn might work

id rather have one of those two kids though myself and since larsson seems misused and needing maybe a new situation he would be great addition for us

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't think it would be a good idea to trade young contributing forwards for an older guy like Jagr or Ryder.

For a team that is cup contending, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe not your contributing forwards but even just one of the younger guys, considering you're stocked with young forwards. It's the idea that Jagr or Zidlicky could be that veteran missing piece that you guys need.

not interested in those guys that much myself but but but

larsson or merrill for killorn

at the trade deadline ? after have hedman for some time so can see if we need another d guy desperately for a cup push zidlicky for killorn might work

id rather have one of those two kids though myself and since larsson seems misused and needing maybe a new situation he would be great addition for us

I highly doubt we see Merrill, Severson, or Larssont traded from a Devils perspective. Larsson's value has plummeted, and lately he is coming into his own. He looks the best that he's ever looked and is slowly gaining the coaching staff's trust.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Filppula-Jagr line.............. with namestnikov or Killorn on LW would be amazing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
For a team that is cup contending, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe not your contributing forwards but even just one of the younger guys, considering you're stocked with young forwards. It's the idea that Jagr or Zidlicky could be that veteran missing piece that you guys need.

I highly doubt we see Merrill, Severson, or Larssont traded from a Devils perspective. Larsson's value has plummeted, and lately he is coming into his own. He looks the best that he's ever looked and is slowly gaining the coaching staff's trust.

would consider jagr and zid for brewer jt brown and killorn

at the trade deadline jagr would help power play etc.. in playoffs zid would give us the d we need to sign up with garrison we would have to be close to cup favorites

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
would consider jagr and zid for brewer jt brown and killorn

at the trade deadline jagr would help power play etc.. in playoffs zid would give us the d we need to sign up with garrison we would have to be close to cup favorites

Much rather look to move Carle (though I bet he'd nix a trade to NJD if he could, dunno what his "modified NTC" consists of) if Zids would be on the 2nd. Brewer seems to be okay on the bottom pairing and his contract expires this year along with the imports if they don't do it for us in the playoffs or get injured.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would like Jagr on the team too, 10 years ago. We don't need any forwards. Zidlicky would be ok if we moved a defender first, but I wouldn't trade more then a pick and prospect.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
SFY was going after Iginla in the offseason. Maybe he still thinks we need a vet top 6 winger.

Everyone did until Kucherov happened. 2nd line RW (or first depending on where you slot Callahan) was our only area of weakness, and Kucherov hadn't shown he was going to be the offensive threat he turned into. Now I would say there is very much no hole.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Does anyone think Killer will fit in on the Stamkos line moving forward? If so, who do we put Flipper with? Kind of a tough situation, because I like the idea of Stammer with Cally & Killorn but I don't know if that's really the best offensive option.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Does anyone think Killer will fit in on the Stamkos line moving forward? If so, who do we put Flipper with? Kind of a tough situation, because I like the idea of Stammer with Cally & Killorn but I don't know if that's really the best offensive option.

Killorn won't stay on Stamkos' line for long. He's playing a little over his head at the moment.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Killorn and Callahan shouldn't be on the same line together, Callahan stays with Stamkos but I would like to see how Killorn-Filppula-Connolly/Namestnikov would work though.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Killorn and Callahan shouldn't be on the same line together, Callahan stays with Stamkos but I would like to see how Killorn-Filppula-Connolly/Namestnikov would work though.

Simple solution put Drouin on the line with Stammer and Cally. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->