2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes Picks played two periods and didn't give up any so that's a nice little victory for him.

I honestly don't think he took the demotion hard. He basically said he played more than he even thought possible this season. I think he's smart enough to understand he would rot away behind Varly and the Monsters are his team too, he can be the main guy for them. It might be tough for him to adjust going back and forth, that's got to be a lot mentally just to have your life be one way on one team and then so different the next. That and maybe overthinking the possibility that Roy might call him up for the road trip. But upset or pouting I can't see that at all. I would like to see him begin to dominate a bit at the AHL level if we are going to seriously consider him as the backup. He's better than his stats but he needs to steal a few games, which is what he did here ironically.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Maggio is like a McLeod without any of the redeeming qualities. He's the protoplug.

hockeymm

Dec 27, 2014
Lake Erie pulls out the win. I very much question coaching decisions. We are concerned for the Avs prospect pool. I read lots how we don't have a good one. I strongly believe because there is no development in LE. DC plays the heck out of 2 lines and has all season. That certainly is not developing players. They still all look so lost out there. No breakout, no cycle and counting on Dmen to do the scoring. With all their woes in Denver, any of them watching what's going on in Cleveland? Packard was much better tonight!

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm still holding out hope for Elliott. He's the only prospect I even remotely have hope for currently playing in LE. The forwards all seem like either 4th line players or not tall enough to go on the adult roller coasters.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
He hadn't done much in Worcester and the one time I looked Sharjs fans weren't thrilled with him. Not a big loss. I'd rather have Corbett.

He looks better than the likes of Beaupre and Lauridsen. This is his first year pro. I still think it was too early to give up on him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Lake Erie pulls out the win. I very much question coaching decisions. We are concerned for the Avs prospect pool. I read lots how we don't have a good one. I strongly believe because there is no development in LE. DC plays the heck out of 2 lines and has all season. That certainly is not developing players. They still all look so lost out there. No breakout, no cycle and counting on Dmen to do the scoring. With all their woes in Denver, any of them watching what's going on in Cleveland? Packard was much better tonight!

I wouldn't say they only use two lines, they have too many forwards to use most of the time you barely can even discern a fourth line. They play dump and chase but get sucked into the transition game too much. But is it the chicken or the egg? Are they not developing or do they not have enough talent in those positions? Dean deserves his fair share of criticism but he can't be to blame for everything either. It's basically a team full of 3rd liners plus some goon/plugs. They have the same scoring woes as the Avs but their problem more is not creating scoring chances but finishing and I don't believe there is much talent there that can do it.

There are a few players I believe in, Henley may never be more than a bottom 6 player but what he does he does it well. Bourke is really underrated and he's not that small either. He's so good on the puck, he's tenacious and is like a pitbull out there. He's a very good playmaker too. He could stand to shoot and try to score more, that wasn't really an issue in junior so I don't know why he doesn't go for it more. I'm not big into +/- but you have to notice when a guy leads the team at +8 on a team that's given up the most goals in the league. He's also only taken one penalty. This is especially remarkable on a team that takes too many penalties and a league where guys take things to the edge more often. And he's the first guy Dean sits when he needs to get someone else in the lineup. I can't figure it out, it's not the doghouse. Bourke gets put on the top 2 lines sometimes, he's a key guy on the PK and I can't think of even one big mistake he's made. That's where it's ridiculous. Dean wants to be a "message" guy but yet it's the rookies that have to sit. Corbett had to sit to get Beaupre in, I understand it because he hasn't played in a while but why automatically Corbett because he's a rookie? And then guy takes two penalties, Maggio takes a couple penalties too throwing some bad hits. Thanks, guys, good idea Dean.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Monsters finally win a decent game 2-1. Picks was back in this one, I'm betting getting told about the callup helped. He had the glove working early. Hishon finally showed up and used some talent, he scored a nice breakaway goal and then Cheek sealed the deal with kind of a crazy goal at the end. After taking a bad boarding penalty yesterday I thought we wouldn't see him but I guess Dean saw in the crystal ball he would score. Cheek had one waived off earlier too.

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC
Are they not developing or do they not have enough talent in those positions?

I've been pondering this about the Monsters in general. This team seems loaded with guys who have been together a number of years now, moreso than I can recall in the past. Elliott is in season #4; Sgarbossa, Carey, Agozzino, Heard, Maggio, Stollery, Lauridsen, Beaupre are in season #3; Hishon, Smith, Schumacher, Cheek, and Siemens are in season #2. Sami and Calvin are each in year three as well. A few of those guys even made brief debuts in advance of their full seasons/significant time in Lake Erie.

That's a lot of time together for a big core of guys. It's disappointing that the results aren't better at this point. That may not really answer the question, but I wonder if this unit is just not cohesive and that it's hindering individual development. And then there's Deano...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It changes all the time but it's some variation of:

Agozzino-Sgarbossa-Carey
Schumacher-Hishon-Everberg
Ryan-Henley-Smith
Cheek-Heard-Maggio

Stollery-Elliott
Siemens-Noreau
Corbett-Gervais

The top line center changes a lot but Agz and Carey are consistent. Hishon is with the big boys now but it changes, sometimes Henley is. If Bourke is in he plays anywhere, he's good with Hishon or Henley. If they want to go more skill heavy Henley centers the 4th line sometimes. Siemens just recently switched to Noreau, he doesn't work with Elliott for some odd reason.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Vincour hurt?

Glad to see Corbett on there. Last I recall he got benched for Gervais. When did he come back?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes Vincour has been out probably 2 weeks, they said LBI and then this week it changed to UBI. Can't make this stuff up. Corbett sat for Beaupre yesterday but I doubt that's going to happen often. Lauridsen is out with a shoulder injury (also been about 2 weeks) therefore Corbett gets more regular time now. For a while they were going 7 D so Corbett has been playing more often than not for the last month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->