Injury Report: 2014-15 Injury Thread (Off-season repairs)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Both Zemgus Girgensons and Tyler Ennis have been injuried in todays game in Columbus.

Girgensons blocked a James Wisniewski shot off his right foot - went to the locker room - no weight on it.
Fox Sports Ohio said Girgensons had to be wheeled back to Buffalo room after his x-ray...not good.

No word on what happened to Ennis.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Too bad for Zemgus. I really, really, really wanted to see him get to 20g, which would've been a close call had he been able to play the rest of the game schedule. Based on how the replays looked and where the shot hit him, in thinking he's done for the year.

Broken ankle?

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I'm just hoping this injury doesn't affect him long term. Ankles can be tricky.

Ankles are more problematic when they are twisted/rolled, because we are on our feet so much we tend to use them prematurely before a full recovery. This would be especially true in Zemgus' case if we were trying to get back from injury. However, a broken bone, or a deep bone bruise is less likely to be troublesome. Especially with him likely being shut down for the year, he's going to have a ton of time to help it recover fully and properly.

SeanDog

Feb 1, 2010
Oh yeah and no Ennis is pretty significant as it pertains to winning.

We just lost our 2 leading scorers :handclap::yo:

On a serious note, I hope Zemgus has a fast recovery. I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is spend some of his off-season on crutches after this treacherous season.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Nolan says Girgs will be back in 2 weeks.

:handclap: Excellent. I'm with the tank of course, and I recognize how Girgs hurts the tank, but I'll take that over serious injury every day of the week.

Perhaps they'll stretch that out to 3 weeks. Let the kid rest a bit more. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad