OT: 2014-15 HFVan Boardies -- A Little Bit of Jannik Hansen Award for Unsung Hero

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
The Honey Badger aka Jannik Hansen aka the Great Dane award is presented to the poster who helps the board the most -- whether it be by knowledge, gifs or GDTs.

And the nominees are...

Zombotron
Bad Goalie
Orcatown
Win tha game
Southern_Canuck
opendoor

... if I had a higher budget I'd make some cool videos of each person's path to HFVancouver but I also think that they'd find it creepy if I followed them around for a few days.

Ak7Sc.jpg

Hansen-stop-it.gif

7SXgCtY.gif

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
A lot of great posters to choose from with various contributions, but my vote has to go to S_C for his everyday updates on the prospects board.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
I agree about S_C deserving the win, for the quiet, valuable grunt work he does that's the definition of Unsung Hero. I look for his posts every day of the season that I'm not way off in some bloody jungle somewhere.

However, I voted for Orcatown because his post-game reviews have been hugely valuable and readable for me, and I'll bet for at least dozens of other folks on this forum. Think of the time, thought, and effort Orcatown must put in on a faithfully regular basis during the season. Biturbo, MS, arsmaster, and Bad Goalie are some others that I think of in Orcatown's stellar neighbourhood, but for me the Orcatown post-game reviews are pure gold.

arsmaster*

I'd add bitturbo too. I in the eye doesn't get enough love either. His posts are must reads for me. Entertaining until the last sentence.

S_C gets my vote. nobody sings him enough praise. Orcatown gets a lot of love.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
orcatown and opendoor are both outstanding posters and i flipped a coin between them

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
S_C did the hockey gods work this year in the prospects board. He has my vote. Not an easy choice though with some of the efforts people put in to make this place what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad