Salary Cap: 2014-15-Happy Thoughts

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
After re-signing Dekeyser and Tatar, there isn't anything except maybe Alfredsson.

I'd say Dekeyser ~ 3 mill, Tatar ~1.2, Alfredsson(if he's re-signed) around 5 million

That's 9.2

That leaves around 10.8 at the current cap. If it goes up, Detroit has even more.

What should they do?

( I figure talking about this is better than watching the Wings implode with no chance of changing this terrible POS situation that Holland put the Wings into)

So what do you think the Wings should do?

EDIT: Sheahan, Ferraro, and Callahan are waiver eligible next year if I'm reading it right, so keep that in mind. Also Almquist I think.

---
Who should the Wings target, should they trade? Should they buy-out Franzen or keep him?

Last edited:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
3M already for DeKeyser? Shouln't he get a Kindl-type deal?

Overrate DeKeyser much? He's 23 and will have played less than 100 nhl games....

Well, I say this...

Give him 3 million a season, for 5 years. That isn't a bad dead for either party.

If he wants more, 4 million over 6 years.

Even if he becomes a top 4/5 tweener, by the end of that contract he'll be paid accordingly. My bet is that he's a bargin at either price.

Not the point of the thread though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Overrate DeKeyser much? He's 23 and will have played less than 100 nhl games....

Guess you haven't read much of my posts on him, I am more curious if the Wings buy in that much.

DeKeyser makes more mistakes than many who have tagged him with Golden Boy status want to admit. But at that same time, do you go for a deal on him where you buy high now and have him for cheap years on the back-end of the contract. They did just that with Filppula and Kronwall. I am curious if they have bought in a similar way.

You can buy low now for a couple years, but you wind up paying bigger on the back-end. His 7 points in 9 games or whatever is changing the narrative on his contract negotiations as did his invite from Team USA to Olympic camp.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
z-dats-?
nyquist-weiss-alfie/?
tatar-helm-ferraro
fourth line of miller, sheahan, andy, abby. maybe switch sheahan and ferraro. for me, andersson is the odd man out.

kronwall- big e
dekeyser-?
third pairing of ouellet/smith/almqvist/kindl

but as dekeyser seems to be ok on the right side maybe

kronwall-big e
smith/kindl-?
ouellet-dekeyser

but smith seems to like the right side more.

depends who the odd man out is. i'd look for upgrade on that d. maybe two. rh preferably. well it's almost must imo. i don't see them contending with current d, this year or next.

maybe marchenko is ready so that could solve one spot. but would prefer another.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
What's Clear going to be making?

2.875M Per, 3 Years.

Oh and I want nothing to do with Alfie next year. Bye. I wouldn't mind bringing Bert back at like 1.5M for one more year. But ideally Bert, Cleary, Sammy and Alfie are all gone next year. Bring up the kids and see who's available in free agency.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Knowing Holland he will re-sign Cleary and Bert.

And if he does there is no excuse by upper mgt not to fire him if he attempts to do this.

In fact, upper mgt has to approve all deals offered, so if the new regime would approve signing the complete dead weight we all complain about then our focus should go to whoever takes over for Illitch.

I'm assuming that Sammy, Quincey, Cleary,Eaves, Bertuzzi(maybe offered a job in the org), wont be offered contracts.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Who are the major free agents this coming offseason?

I've got Gaborik, Vanek, Stastny, Cammaleri, Michalek, Quincey, Orpik, Robidas, Vrbata, Girardi, Moulson and Grabovski.

Girardi and Gaborik/Vanek interest me the most on that list.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
3M already for DeKeyser? Shouln't he get a Kindl-type deal?

DeKeyser always plays a massive amount of minutes

he's averaging 21:35 TOI/G this year and just last night played 26:35 and lead the team in icetime by almost 2 minutes

and he's still a rookie

Kindl's only averaging 19:18 TOI/G and he's got like almost 200 games of experience now

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why should we expect him to do anything else but **** up next years roster just as bad?

shultzyfeelinirie20

Jan 30, 2012
Michigan
i wish we could trade for a young dman like kulikov or bogosian somewhere in that range like a brendan smith but with a lil more higher ceiling itd be nice to have a twd thats right handed and young

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I expect tats, Big Rig, and dekeyser to be resigned. I think girardi will be way too expensive this year due to being the "premier d fa" so want nothing with him. Vanek if he doesn't want a 5+ year contract could be worth looking at on a 3 year deal so the winger kids (jurco, mantha) have enough time to grow. However depending on how the rest of the season goes for grand rapids ironhook (not looking good due to weiss 4+ years left but could make a case) and jurco in addition to ferraro (bottom 6 winger can take faceoffs as well), sheahan (battling andy for bottom 6 center spot or 13 or 14th forward), and nyquist (if this ****er is not atleast on the 3rd line i will freak the **** out) will need to be brought up next year due to no waiver options so I could see us not picking up a forward at all.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
After re-signing Dekeyser and Tatar, there isn't anything except maybe Alfredsson.

I'd say Dekeyser ~ 3 mill, Tatar ~1.2, Alfredsson(if he's re-signed) around 5 million

That's 9.2

That leaves around 10.8 at the current cap. If it goes up, Detroit has even more.

Add Alfie's bonus (10 played games) from this season there. +2.0M.

Datsyuk raise +800k.

Ericsson raise +1.0M.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
players that i would target that could be somewhat realistically available. either fa or trade market.

vrbata, setoguchi, fayne, strålman, barrie, klein, morris, steen, m. greene, demers, braun

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Buyout Franzen.

Throw 1-2 year deals at Dekeyser and Tatar. 3-4 years at Ericcson

If Grabovski doesn't resign with Washington go hard after him, leaves you with Datsyuk, Grabo, Weiss, Helm down the middle. He'll be useful once Datsyuk's contract is up as well.

Try to sign Penner. Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Penner would be tough to deal with.

Try to sign Setogouchi.

Word is Markov wants to stay in Montreal. No way Dion leaves Toronto. So basically any premier defenseman that is a pending UFA is off the table.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
yeah i know bud but i think id rather take a chance on him than smith as of now no?

of course. but i don't think it would be worth it because

1) of the cost it would to acquire him from division rival

2) the risk that he really doesn't help that much right now.

he does his share of bad mistakes of almost every game in his own zone.

the upside is there and it's intriguing and it think the issues are not that bad they couldn't be overcome with experience and good coaching but i think they price is just too high on for what he would bring. he would be more of a 'future acquisition' than one what would help win this year or next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad