2014-15 General Wild Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Vanek is already learning the Wild lingo...

From the Strib...

You don’t win it on paper, but I felt there’s plenty of good guys in here on and off the ice that we can grow as a team that come January and February become a team that will be tough to play against and have a chance to win.”

First day with the team at the X, and he's already touting the team's tag line... tough to play against. :laugh:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think they will have one. Confident Zucker would be so nice to have in the top9.

Tell that to Yeo.

Cooke is in the group with Haula and Nino. Zucker/Karenen are in the group with Brodziak, Almond, Fontaine, Brussiers.

It would appear at the moment Yeo doesn't want to see an all skill 3rd line.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Today's lineups:

Ciuupf.jpg

• Notably, no Kuemper
  • Love the Dumba - Oloffsson pairing
  • Typical NHL pairings we'll likely see Suter/Brodin, Scandella/Spurgeon, Ballard/Folin
  • Cooke - Haula - Niederreiter looks like a likely NHL pairing
  • Hopefully Vanek eventually ends up on Granlund's wing; Vanek/Granlund/Pominville would be sweet
  • As expected, Koivu and Coyle are joined at the hip. Parise/Koivu/Coyle would be a great grinding 2nd line
  • Never heard of that Gudbranson fella... Not the Florida Gudbranson, correct?

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Cooke-Haula-Nino reminds me of Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson. Would be an awesome third line.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
One more thing. It looks like Phillips has fallen off the depth chart. Is he on the outs with the organization?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
One more thing. It looks like Phillips has fallen off the depth chart. Is he on the outs with the organization?

I think this next year in Iowa will be very important for his development; he really needs to put up huge numbers if he hopes to have an NHL career.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
So the depth chart so far according to those lines looks something like this:

Wild:

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Vanek-Koivu-Coyle
Cooke-Haula-Nino
Zucker-Brodziak-Fountaine

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon
Ballard-Folin

Backstrom
Kuemper
Bryz

Iowa:

Keranen-Schroeder-Mitchell
Bussieres-Graovac-Phillips
Velleux-Almond-Bulmer
Gogol-Sutter-Gabriel

Falk-Blum
Olofsson-Dumba
Labbe-Bickel

Gustafsson
Curry

So zero surprises for me so far.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Tell that to Yeo.

Cooke is in the group with Haula and Nino. Zucker/Karenen are in the group with Brodziak, Almond, Fontaine, Brussiers.

It would appear at the moment Yeo doesn't want to see an all skill 3rd line.
Yeo's comments seem to suggest the opposite. He is going to give Zucker a legitmate chance to make the top-9.

I think the 2nd half of last season demostrated to Yeo the value of moving away middling vets (Brodziak, Heatley, Cooke, Ballard, etc.) and giving young players with higher ceilings a chance.

I am of the strong option that Cooke is only effective for 25% of the season. He is no longer a 3rd line regular on a good team. As much as people said he was awesome during the playoffs, people forget that the Wild were just as good without him when he was suspended. He's better fitted for 4th line, PK duty, as a guy who can slot up when there is injuries.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Wild:

Vanek-Koivu-Coyle
Cooke-Haula-Nino

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon
Ballard-Folin

Backstrom
Kuemper
Bryz

Iowa:

Velleux-Almond-Bulmer
Gogol-Sutter-Gabriel

Falk-Blum
Olofsson-Dumba
Labbe-Bickel

Gustafsson
Curry

I'd bet Almond and Falk are lined up for press box duty. Especially Almond with his 1 way deal. Someone's gotta eat popcorn.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Bryz on how many offers he got this summer: "To be honest, ..............zero." The delivery was hysterical. #mnwild

I really hope Bryz sticks around. Just for the lulz :laugh:

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Coming in peace from Blackhawks camp but in your circle of life moment of the day the Hawks are rolling a Nick Leddy-Cam Barker pairing.

Also I love Bryz

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Bryz on how many offers he got this summer: "To be honest, ..............zero." The delivery was hysterical. #mnwild

I really hope Bryz sticks around. Just for the lulz :laugh:

Lets can Nordy and just make Bryz the mascot. He can walk around with his Siberean husky and talk about the universe

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Lets can Nordy and just make Bryz the mascot. He can walk around with his Siberean husky and talk about the universe

I'm all for that. I was one of the guys who supported signing Bryz looooong time before he got signed, due to the fact that I love his personality. I believe he makes the team better just by tagging along. I don't care if he plays or not, but keep him around. He can be serious and a leader, but he is a comical relief in a good way.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I'm really hoping Bulmer can make the team. He should definitely have a shot at a bottom 6 / 4th line spot. If his bad luck with injuries is finally over, he should certainly get in after a few games in Iowa at the latest.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Wild:

Vanek-Koivu-Coyle
Cooke-Haula-Nino

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon
Ballard-Folin

Backstrom
Kuemper
Bryz

Iowa:

Velleux-Almond-Bulmer
Gogol-Sutter-Gabriel

Falk-Blum
Olofsson-Dumba
Labbe-Bickel

Gustafsson
Curry

Except it has been said by Fletcher and Yeo that it doesn't make sense to keep Zucker with the squad if he's only on the 4th line. He needs to be 3rd line or higher to make the team. He's got work to do still. We'll see if he can win the spot over Cooke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad