Prospect Info: 2014-15 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
can someone nudge jarick to update the prospect chart with year end totals for the players? thx does anyone know whats going on with that D man we drafted dan gunnerson i think , can he change his mind and sign with us? thx

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
can someone nudge jarick to update the prospect chart with year end totals for the players? thx does anyone know whats going on with that D man we drafted dan gunnerson i think , can he change his mind and sign with us? thx

Gunnarsson had nine points in 53 games in the SHL this season (way behind their top dman, Anssi Salmela). Not getting an NHL contract was probably not his decision.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Based on the Mike Reilly free agent. Sports illustrated put this in an article suggesting this About Adam Gilmour
The same could be true for Adam Gilmour, who went on to play a year of junior hockey with the USHL’s Muskegon Lumberjacks after being taken in the fourth round that same year by the Minnesota Wild. The 6' 3", 200-pound right winger isn’t viewed as an elite prospect, but after scoring nine goals and 27 points in 38 games as a sophomore at Boston College, his stock is on the rise and he could be a very attractive option at this time next year. http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/06/18/ch...es-to-sign-college-free-mike-reilly-minnesota I don't think it's really news I just think it's interesting that they mentioned him

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Wonder what Michalek's chances in the pros are. He showed some flashes at Harvard this year.

He was really developing well and might end up playing most of the next season in the ECHL. Iowa is looking at two very green rookies in Hoffman and Michalek unless they sign a vet (maybe Curry but I don't think he is signed yet). Kind of a brutal ruling, but what can you expect. Also feel for Jimmy Vesey, who had to have come back in part to play for a contending team, which they are not nearly without Michalek and Patrick McNally.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
He was really developing well and might end up playing most of the next season in the ECHL. Iowa is looking at two very green rookies in Hoffman and Michalek unless they sign a vet (maybe Curry but I don't think he is signed yet). Kind of a brutal ruling, but what can you expect. Also feel for Jimmy Vesey, who had to have come back in part to play for a contending team, which they are not nearly without Michalek and Patrick McNally.

Vesey can leave anytime he wants

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Fans can come cool off and enjoy two scrimmages that are free and open to the public at Xcel Energy Center. The open scrimmages (30-minute running time halves) will occur on Saturday, July 11 at 2:30 p.m. and Tuesday, July 14 at 6:30 p.m. Gate 1 will open at 2 p.m. on July 11 and at 6 p.m. on July 14.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774026

From Russo:

The Wild has invited 46 players, including 23 draft picks. Some players scheduled to attend include Brady Brassart, Brody Hoffman, Mario Lucia, Zack Mitchell, Zach Palmquist, Avery Peterson, Mike Reilly and Alex Tuch, along with six players selected in the 2015 draft.

Draft pick Kirill Kaprizov is not coming. He and most of the Russian players elsewhere are already training with their pro teams. He’ll be coming to Calgary with the Russian U-20 team for exhibition games vs. Canada early next month.

Some interesting invitees: The Gophers' Sam Warning, goalie Charlie Lindgren from St. Cloud State, Saskatoon native Ryan Graham, a forward who made it to main camp last year but was diagnosed with mono and couldn't take part and Warroad's Jared Bethune, who plays in the Western Hockey League.

Last edited:

J22*

Only missing notable I can see is Adam Gilmour. Maybe taking summer classes, or doesn't have the cash to pay his own way(stupid NCAA)

Isn't there a rule that guys can only attend these for 3 years? I might be thinking of being eligible for the prospect tourney's, but I think I remember that they can only come for 3 years.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Isn't there a rule that guys can only attend these for 3 years? I might be thinking of being eligible for the prospect tourney's, but I think I remember that they can only come for 3 years.

Stephen Michalek is on his 4th, so I don't think there is a limit. I know once an ELC has expired you can't force them to go anymore, unless there is an unusual circumstance.

Pre signing a contract I haven't heard of a limit.

J22*

Kinda cool to see Bethune invited. He was pretty good when I saw him two years ago. Hopefully he has a better year next year up in the dub. .3ppg isn't so great.

Wasn't he good enough to get any college offers? I vaguely remember the name, but don't remember any recruiting news about him.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Wasn't he good enough to get any college offers? I vaguely remember the name, but don't remember any recruiting news about him.

Yeah he got some offers. Pretty sure he was committed to St Cloud or Duluth (can't remember) for a bit before changing his mind and going to the WHL.

J22*

Stephen Michalek is on his 4th, so I don't think there is a limit. I know once an ELC has expired you can't force them to go anymore, unless there is an unusual circumstance.

Pre signing a contract I haven't heard of a limit.

Found this in the CBA-

15.10 Conditioning Camp.
(a) In each off-season, a Club may hold one conditioning camp (a "Conditioning
Camp") for the Players set forth in Section 15.10(b) below, provided that such Conditioning
Camp be limited to the months of June and July only and may not last longer than seven (7)
days, and provided further that such Club shall advise the NHL and NHLPA of the time,
duration, and location of its Conditioning Camp at least two (2) weeks in advance, in accordance
with Exhibit 3.
(b) Participation in Conditioning Camps will be limited to the following:
(i) Unsigned Draft Choices;
(ii) Any Player in the Entry Level System with less than 120 NHL Games
played (but who did not play in excess of 70 NHL Games in the preceding
Regular Season);
(iii) Draft-related Unrestricted Free Agents;
(iv) Players who were eligible for selection in the preceding Entry Draft but
were undrafted; and
(v) Any Player who is not in the Entry Level System, who finished the
preceding season disabled, and who submits a written request to the Club,
with a copy to the NHL and the NHLPA, to participate in his Club's
Conditioning Camp.
(c) Ice-time during Conditioning Camp will be limited to no more than three (3)
hours per day, per Player.
(d) No Player shall be required to participate in more than three (3) Conditioning
Camps in total for any one (1) Club (but may opt to do so in his sole discretion).

So, they can't require him to come but he could if he wanted to. I'm not sure the Wild have ever really required guys to come, so it is an interesting decision on his part.

J22*

Yeah he got some offers. Pretty sure he was committed to St Cloud or Duluth (can't remember) for a bit before changing his mind and going to the WHL.

WOW, what a terrible decision. His hockey career could be over at this time next year, opposed to having 3 more years to develop and getting an education in college.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Found this in the CBA-

15.10 Conditioning Camp.
(a) In each off-season, a Club may hold one conditioning camp (a "Conditioning
Camp") for the Players set forth in Section 15.10(b) below, provided that such Conditioning
Camp be limited to the months of June and July only and may not last longer than seven (7)
days, and provided further that such Club shall advise the NHL and NHLPA of the time,
duration, and location of its Conditioning Camp at least two (2) weeks in advance, in accordance
with Exhibit 3.
(b) Participation in Conditioning Camps will be limited to the following:
(i) Unsigned Draft Choices;
(ii) Any Player in the Entry Level System with less than 120 NHL Games
played (but who did not play in excess of 70 NHL Games in the preceding
Regular Season);
(iii) Draft-related Unrestricted Free Agents;
(iv) Players who were eligible for selection in the preceding Entry Draft but
were undrafted; and
(v) Any Player who is not in the Entry Level System, who finished the
preceding season disabled, and who submits a written request to the Club,
with a copy to the NHL and the NHLPA, to participate in his Club's
Conditioning Camp.
(c) Ice-time during Conditioning Camp will be limited to no more than three (3)
hours per day, per Player.
(d) No Player shall be required to participate in more than three (3) Conditioning
Camps in total for any one (1) Club (but may opt to do so in his sole discretion).

So, they can't require him to come but he could if he wanted to. I'm not sure the Wild have ever really required guys to come, so it is an interesting decision on his part.

Good to know. Although I don't think unsigned players can be forced to go anyways(although it probably doesn't help your chances of becoming signed).

Should be an interesting year for Gilmour. If he blows up Centering BC's first line with Tuch, he could be an interesting Reilly scenario come next offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad