2014/15 Fargo Force

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Nice to see my buddy Mason Morelli get an A on his jersey. Now he needs to get that shooting percentage up there a bit. Lots of shots and not many goals.

I agree its great to see him get the A. He has really changed from last season. I would say most improved play from last year. Hes more motivated and his pressure on the forecheck is amazing this year. Hes been robbed on a lot of amazing shots.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I agree its great to see him get the A. He has really changed from last season. I would say most improved play from last year. Hes more motivated and his pressure on the forecheck is amazing this year. Hes been robbed on a lot of amazing shots.
The game I went to he had his chnaces, a couple were grade A chances. I agree he is much improved from last year and I'm sure that makes Dean Blais happy.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Well there have been some more changes to the Force.

Cam Ashley has left the team due to personal reasons.

Added is Max Gerlach hes was drafted 4rd (48th overall) this season.

Also as a side not Paul Wixco the equipment manager has left the team

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
Brian Hurley is a good friend of mine. Recently committed to Ohio State. Most likely will play there after HS.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Some more changes to the Force line up

Cole Gallant is back with the Honeybacked U18 team

Max Gerlach is no longer on the roster

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Another move on the Force roster

ANDREW ZERBAN has been traded to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL in return for a future consideration. I hate to see the kid go he looked great but just no goals or assists. I know we are down two defenceman.I hope we bring up a player to fill the void.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

ANDREW ZERBAN has been traded to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL in return for a future consideration. I hate to see the kid go he looked great but just no goals or assists. I know we are down two defenceman.I hope we bring up a player to fill the void.

Any news from the Force front?

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011

Zerban is now playing with the Portage Terriers of the MJHL

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Yeah Zerban seems to keep getting traded. I hope the kid can find a place that can show his potential.

Im waiting to see if we make any more trades before the trade deadline

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
How has the ice been since NDSU is playing their basketball games there this year? I have heard rumblings that it has gotten softer than it already was.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011

I don't understand this trade from the Force. They are going to need a lot more than Jenkins if they want a shot at the playoffs.

They gave up Slattery who will be back next year, Jurusik who is ripping up the NAHL for Janesville and ranked 20th in CSS Midterm Rankings for NA goalies, and a 3rd Round Futures pick.

Drastic overpayment for a player I don't view as a difference maker.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Former Force players Jonny Brodzinski, Zane McIntyre, Alex Iafallo, Tanner Kero, Matt Leitner, Ryan Massa, and Dominic Toninato are all up for the 2015 Hobey Baker Award.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
The Slattery, Jurusik trade for Jenkins was a great idea. Slattery wasnt the greatest for the team. He had 4 goals in 30 games he looked lost every so often. As for Jurusik he didnt look that great in camp and also I think he will stay in the NAHL.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
The Force has traded Matt McArdle A D to Sioux City for Jake McLaughlin A D. It looks like the Force little better depth at D.

Also to the concern about the Ice. Its been crappy since last season. Then you add putting a floor on top of it. It is soft because they mess with the Ice temp all the time. Plus they have it so in the arena but they want it fan friendly. Well hockey is a cold sport just worry about the ice so we can have good games. I'm sick of seeing the puck bounce around all the time.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Mikey Eyssimont has been traded to Sioux Falls for Alec Marsh, a 1st round Phase 1 pick and a 2nd round Phase.

At first i was mad but i see that we are looking to the future when marks leaves after this season. Marsh isnt a puck hog like Eyssimont.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Mikey Eyssimont has been traded to Sioux Falls for Alec Marsh, a 1st round Phase 1 pick and a 2nd round Phase.

At first i was mad but i see that we are looking to the future when marks leaves after this season. Marsh isnt a puck hog like Eyssimont.

So Marks is done for sure?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
From Brad Schlossmans blog:

The USHL playoffs are in full swing right now, but there’s been lots of buzz about coaching positions in the league.

Fargo is currently searching for its replacement for John Marks, who retired at the end of the season. All four coaches in franchise history have either played or coached at UND, and it appears that Fargo may be headed down that road again.

It sounds like Sioux Falls head coach Cary Eades is emerging as the top candidate in Fargo. Eades is currently in the middle of a playoff push with the Stampede. Eades would give Fargo another UND-connected head coach and another one with local name recognition.

Should Fargo hire Eades at the end of the season, there’s considerable buzz that former Colorado College coach Scott Owens would be a top candidate in Sioux Falls.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Dixon Bowen and Colton Poolman confirmed as members of the Penticton Vees for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad