2014-15 DEL schedule

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Planning a trip to Germany in late October but can't book until I see the hockey schedule. I see the Extraliga, SHL, and Liga are out, but can't seem to locate the DEL schedule. Does anyone know when that is released?

Thanks...

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Planning a trip to Germany in late October but can't book until I see the hockey schedule. I see the Extraliga, SHL, and Liga are out, but can't seem to locate the DEL schedule. Does anyone know when that is released?

Thanks...

Not exactly, but it should be within the next couple of weeks.

I only found a post in the team forum of a DEL team where someone said that the schedule is expected to bea released late June / early July.

Season should start around September 12th.

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Ok, thanks very much. Trying to schedule my days in Berlin where I can hit an Ice Barons game.

Also, what do the tickets run for those games for pretty nice seats (on the ice, hopefully)?

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Ok, thanks very much. Trying to schedule my days in Berlin where I can hit an Ice Barons game.

Also, what do the tickets run for those games for pretty nice seats (on the ice, hopefully)?

Do you mean Eisbären (German word for polar bears) that sound a bit like ice baron?
They are the DEL team from Berlin.

I don't know any prices for DEL games, but they are already selling tickets for their Champions Hockey Leagues games against Zlin (22 August), Djurgarden (7 September) and Fribourg (23 September). If you like seats close to the ice and not behind one of the goals, those cost 30 -35 Euros, for these games. DEL games might cost more, though I am not sure about that.

If you think you can manage to navigate a German website (don't know if Google Translator works there) you can get a 3D look at available seats for these games at this address: https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/ehc/
I made a screenshot of the view from one of the available 35 Euro seats for the Djurgarden game.

As soon as the schedule comes out I should be able to give you the prices for the DEL games.

Attachments

• Eisbären.jpg
    Eisbären.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 8

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Ha, I thought the polar bear was just the mascot and the name was "Ice Barons" because phonetically it sounds out that way in English. But, yeah, that's who I mean.

I did go to that site before and the translation is ok. So, I'll just check that again when I notice the schedules come out.

Sounds like DEL is a lot more expensive than the Czech Extraliga (which ran me about 10 Euros side on the ice at O2 in Prague), but that's still a ton cheaper than NHL prices, which go around 150-300 Euros or so for side rink on ice tickets, if you can get them. As soon as I know my travel dates, I'll have to buy them quick.

Thanks again for the info.

Melphiz

Oct 23, 2012
Berlin, Germany
If you're interested in buying tickets for the Eisbären Berlin, keep in mind:

Online (usually via eventimsports, direct links via EBB mainpage for CHL it's currently https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/ehc/) is at least for the season the most expensive way to buy due to 1,50€ additional fee for print@home, but it's the most comfortable this way (Credit Card needed).

Ordering via ticket hotline (not sure if they're able to speak english ...) used to be the cheapest, but you had to get your reserverd tickets at the o2 world before the game.

Buying at the game's evening is not always the best choice, it may be sold already or the left seats are just meh ... :D

Edit: Oh the o2 world has several different price categories depending on where you'd like to sit and watch. It goes from really cheap (like 6,50€ for CHL and ~10€ for season) with either being in the fan corner or at the very least outer rim (haha) to really expensive (like 40-50€ for games with a strong opponent like Adler Mannheim or Kölner Haie).

Man, I'm getting already fired up for the next season, though I'll miss some players and Zepper ... but the youtube videos of "Fangesänge Eisbären Berlin" keep me tuned, haha

Last edited:

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Appreciate the links. I will be purchasing tickets for Eisbaren, but unfortunately my dates are not quite set. I'm trying to do a trip to Berlin and then Krakow (or vise versa), so I'm still waiting for the Polish Hockey League schedule to come out in the hopes I can catch games in both cities. The prices for the DEL are significantly higher than the Czech Extraliga, but still very reasonable compared to the NHL (probably less than one quarter the price). Right now I am shooting for the October 26th game vs. Iserlohn Roosters, but again, that's dependent on if I can find a Krakow game within a few days, so all my travel dates are up in the air until then. It should be sometime in late October or November.

Eisdork

Jan 19, 2013
-
Appreciate the links. I will be purchasing tickets for Eisbaren, but unfortunately my dates are not quite set. I'm trying to do a trip to Berlin and then Krakow (or vise versa), so I'm still waiting for the Polish Hockey League schedule to come out in the hopes I can catch games in both cities. The prices for the DEL are significantly higher than the Czech Extraliga, but still very reasonable compared to the NHL (probably less than one quarter the price). Right now I am shooting for the October 26th game vs. Iserlohn Roosters, but again, that's dependent on if I can find a Krakow game within a few days, so all my travel dates are up in the air until then. It should be sometime in late October or November.

I doubt you have to get your tickets for a Krakow game now already. I can't imagine they sell out considering the average attendance in the Polish League is just 920.

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Yeah, I want to make sure the Krakow team is playing at the time I visit the city, so I'm waiting for the schedule to drop.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Going over to Germany in mid January and want to see a DEL game.

The game I am looking at is on the 18th (Ice Tigers v. Haie)

Wondering the best way to purchase tickets? and any general information for Nuremberg area.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Going over to Germany in mid January and want to see a DEL game.

The game I am looking at is on the 18th (Ice Tigers v. Haie)

Wondering the best way to purchase tickets? and any general information for Nuremberg area.

You can buy tickets online here.

There are also several booking offices where you can buy tickets in advance:

The third option is of course to try the box office on gameday.
You should be able to get a ticket there since the average attendence is about 4,400 and the arena in Nuremberg holds 8,300, but of course there is no guarantee that tickets will be available and more iportantly perhaps what kind of tickets are available.

I have never been to Nuremberg myself, so this is about all the help I can offer, maybe someone for familiar with the region can do better.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
You can buy tickets online here.

There are also several booking offices where you can buy tickets in advance:

The third option is of course to try the box office on gameday.
You should be able to get a ticket there since the average attendence is about 4,400 and the arena in Nuremberg holds 8,300, but of course there is no guarantee that tickets will be available and more iportantly perhaps what kind of tickets are available.

I have never been to Nuremberg myself, so this is about all the help I can offer, maybe someone for familiar with the region can do better.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I looked at first site and was wanting to make sure it was legit.

The info on attendance is good to hear, buying at the box office before the game may be best bet.

Thanks again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->