Prospect Info: 2014-15 Colorado Avalanche Junior Prospects Thread (CHL & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Can someone please pm me a link to aforementioned streaming site...?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yes, but all three were still technically drafted by Pracey.

And it's not exactly clear if Bigras and Bleackley were "his guys." Geertsen probably wasn't, but the other two kinda fit his mold in certain senses, though Bigras seems to fit his mold for forwards more than D men, which is weird, but he's also an OHL guy.

I'm ok with parting with Pracey if they prove they can still have an eye for talent without him, but I think he's getting way too much heat for some subpar draft classes and lack of picks. Especially when you consider guys like Pickard and Butcher are coming along well so far too.

Hell, even Landy should be credited to him IMO. That was not an easy pick by any means. He fit all of Pracey's criteria, and they were really high on him, and look how it turned out?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Not positive, but when they did a recap of the draft I seem to remember Pracey being extremely excited with Bigras. And I believe Butcher as well.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Skellefteå started their semi final in the SHL today. Won easily (5-2) as expected.

Anton Lindholm played 16:52, had a secondary assist and lead the team in hits with four.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
In SHL they use 20 skaters. Skellefteå normally use eight defenders, so 16-17 minutes is middle pairing ice time. The defender with most ice time played just over 19 minutes.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
In SHL they use 20 skaters. Skellefteå normally use eight defenders, so 16-17 minutes is middle pairing ice time. The defender with most ice time played just over 19 minutes.

I didnt see the game but I noticed Sevc only played 11 minutes, if he is hurt, Lindholm will be taking over some of his heavy minutes I imagine.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Sounds like Lindholm is a good playoff performer. Should he ever come over, what type of role would you guys see him play on the Monsters or Avs?

Nantel just had a really nice assist, put some moves on for a SOG and his teammate put the rebound in. Pepin is having a good game too, physical (makes a hit any chance he gets), playing some decent defense, had an assist and showing some nice hands. Nantel added a goal at the end too.

Last edited:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Sounds like Lindholm is a good playoff performer. Should he ever come over, what type of role would you guys see him play on the Monsters or Avs?

I'm not confident enough to say, I haven't seen enough of him with my own eyes. But he is described as a good skater with high hockey IQ. Physicality and offense aren't fully there yet, we'll see which way it goes.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
There's an ongoing thread about the most positive thing(s) about the Avs season.

What do you all think are the biggest Avs prospect system positives for the 2014-15 season? (I see we have two threads for organizational prospects, wasn't sure where to post this)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
There's an ongoing thread about the most positive thing(s) about the Avs season.

What do you all think are the biggest Avs prospect system positives for the 2014-15 season? (I see we have two threads for organizational prospects, wasn't sure where to post this)

More then a few prospects taking that next step that they needed to. The prospects that I believe took that next necessary step are:

Bleackley
Nantel
Martin
Bigras
Pickard
Geertsen

Might have missed one or two but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad