Prospect Info: 2014-15 Colorado Avalanche Junior Prospects Thread (CHL & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I hope this ignites a fire in Bigras to prove people wrong. He didn't need to play in that exhibition tournament anyways.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
It just added an extra layer of interest with him there, and we could see where he is in his development against the best competition at his level
So if he has a great tourney then its possible , however unlikely, imo that he gets a serious look at camp
oh well im still really looking forward to it this year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya just Butcher.

I'm 100% supporting Team USA this year.

A few of my friends get legitimately pissed off and angry at the fact that I cheer against Canada so often in the World Juniors, but for me Avs hockey is way more important so I would much rather cheer for a team that has an Avs prospect on it over my country.

I really dont look at this tournament as a patriotic event, especially with only 8 nations in it. Just a chance to see some good prospects play on a bigger then normal stage for them.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Regardless of playing for Team Canada at the WJC this season he's got a legitimate argument in the OHL's Max Kaminsky trophy for best defenceman.

And for Attack fans this isn't anything new, in 2011 Hishon, Garrett Wilson, and Jesse Blacker were all cuts (Hishon was the only shock), and it turned out pretty well for them when they humiliated Dave Cameron and the Majors in Game 7 in Mississauga.

Bigras will be just fine, and I'm glad he'll be sticking around with the Attack. Fewer games between now and January 10th means fewer chances for him to be hurt if the team decides to sell this year.

Why would they sell, the Attack are decent this year. Maybe not contenders but few are. Having him back is huge for the team, they really need him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't get why you let it work you up. It just makes me laugh. Granted having to read the english press make up stories about the German league in soccer has given me a lot of practice with laughing off incompetent reporting at a level that Chambers can't even aspire to. But still, coverage of the avs and avs prospects has been horrible for as long as I've been aware that the media covers them.

Because it matters, it's been proven time and time again that what they say goes well beyond the bubble of Avs hockey. Perception counts for a lot in life even if it shouldn't. It would be nice if people had all the facts all the time but they don't. How many people do we see even on here who can't watch the Monsters and prospects and go off of what they hear? That's why I try to bring as much information as I can let people make their own decisions. Otherwise they just go off what they hear. If people here weren't aware of how great of a season Bigras was having and all they knew is Roy was "disappointed" in his camp and he was an early cut at the WJC camp you'd think he was regressing pretty hard as a player, wouldn't you? Ultimately do I care what others think, no but if I'm going to spend my time reading here and following the team I'd rather not waste it on stupidity.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Ya just Butcher.

I'm 100% supporting Team USA this year.

A few of my friends get legitimately pissed off and angry at the fact that I cheer against Canada so often in the World Juniors, but for me Avs hockey is way more important so I would much rather cheer for a team that has an Avs prospect on it over my country.

I really dont look at this tournament as a patriotic event, especially with only 8 nations in it. Just a chance to see some good prospects play on a bigger then normal stage for them.

I would as well.

Curious to see how hanifin does

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It just added an extra layer of interest with him there, and we could see where he is in his development against the best competition at his level
So if he has a great tourney then its possible , however unlikely, imo that he gets a serious look at camp
oh well im still really looking forward to it this year.

We may see more of him, but whenever he's ready he'll win a call up in camp, not in this tourney.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, look at the good news, I can now wholeheartedly cheer against Canada(even though I'm Canadian by birth :D.) I'm not big on nationalism, so whenever there's an Avs player or prospect I like on another nations team I typically cheer for them...well, not this time. Happy losing Canada.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because it matters, it's been proven time and time again that what they say goes well beyond the bubble of Avs hockey. Perception counts for a lot in life even if it shouldn't. It would be nice if people had all the facts all the time but they don't. How many people do we see even on here who can't watch the Monsters and prospects and go off of what they hear? That's why I try to bring as much information as I can let people make their own decisions. Otherwise they just go off what they hear. If people here weren't aware of how great of a season Bigras was having and all they knew is Roy was "disappointed" in his camp and he was an early cut at the WJC camp you'd think he was regressing pretty hard as a player, wouldn't you? Ultimately do I care what others think, no but if I'm going to spend my time reading here and following the team I'd rather not waste it on stupidity.

Where does it actually matter? When it comes to our kids getting selected for an international youth tournament that while nice, ultimately is just a couple weeks that don't really matter to a prospect's development nearly as much as a million other things? Has it ever impeded us in the FA market? That may be something worth getting worked up about, but until that happens I just can't make myself care to correct them. We'll just have to keep building a potential powerhouse in quiet with the outside being on the more poorly informed side of things. And that's fine. This team will make enough noise when they hit their primes, we got just a taste of what it'll be like last year.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Well, so much for Bigras being a lock. Not a huge deal, but i'm not really too interested in watching the WJC this year though.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Why would they sell, the Attack are decent this year. Maybe not contenders but few are. Having him back is huge for the team, they really need him.

They'd sell because they just don't have the horses to make a run in the West. If Platzer, Nastasiuk, and Palmu aren't scoring, the team doesn't win, and their top 5 scorers are all gone next season. They've got a goaltending dilemma too. Bigras would return a king's ransom, give him a chance at a legitimate deep run, and bring back a 97 or 98 that would make the team better in 2 years when they'll likely really have a shot again.

Not certain they'll sell by any means. I'd say it's more than likely that Bigras finishes the season with Owen Sound, which is probably good news for Lake Erie.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd love it if Bigras showed up in Lake Erie sooner than later :laugh: but other than Erie and Soo they have as good if a shot as anyone in the west. I understand WHY they'd sell but I don't think they'd give up, I think they could win a playoff series. I like the kid goalie too, they need to play him more.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They'd sell because they just don't have the horses to make a run in the West. If Platzer, Nastasiuk, and Palmu aren't scoring, the team doesn't win, and their top 5 scorers are all gone next season. They've got a goaltending dilemma too. Bigras would return a king's ransom, give him a chance at a legitimate deep run, and bring back a 97 or 98 that would make the team better in 2 years when they'll likely really have a shot again.

Not certain they'll sell by any means. I'd say it's more than likely that Bigras finishes the season with Owen Sound, which is probably good news for Lake Erie.

Oh God. Don't even say that. We don't need Dean coaching him up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know Owen Sound aren't having a bad season and they really need Bigras on defense but man I hope they decide to trade him to Oshawa for futures. Going to be tough for anyone to beat Kelowna in the MEM cup but Oshawa would be close with an addition of Bigras. Woud love to see him play off in his last season of junior.

On a side note I watched Magyar play friday night. He didn't impress me much. He had a few nice plays and gave a good effort but I honestly expected a little more.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why Oshawa in particular? Sure it would be fun to see any of our prospects on a true contender. Even though they were "new" it was pretty fun to see Henley and Corbett in the Memorial Cup and it will be cool to see Bleackley there next season. The one I wonder about is Martin, his team isn't good enough to win a playoff round, they really need to sell him to someone who can make a run. Yeah Magyar is the least interesting of our prospects to watch, not much happens and Kitchener drives me crazy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Oshawa are a power house. Add in arguably the best D in the O this season and they are that much better. They will most likely be the team that represents the O in the Mem cup this year. Erie are good and McJesus may even be better by the playoffs but Oshawa is definitely more well rounded. It would be awesome to see Bigras play in the SOO as well. He would play a lot of right side but it would be amazing to watch Bigras and Nurse play 30 minutes a night together. Still likely not as impresive as the Kelowna top pairing though. I'm rooting for Sarnia anyway haha.

Josh Morrissey is the best D in junior hockey IMO.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Oshawa are a power house. Add in arguably the best D in the O this season and they are that much better. They will most likely be the team that represents the O in the Mem cup this year. Erie are good and McJesus may even be better by the playoffs but Oshawa is definitely more well rounded. It would be awesome to see Bigras play in the SOO as well. He would play a lot of right side but it would be amazing to watch Bigras and Nurse play 30 minutes a night together. Still likely not as impresive as the Kelowna top pairing though. I'm rooting for Sarnia anyway haha.

Josh Morrissey is the best D in junior hockey IMO.

Erie will probably go all in as well because they know mcdavid wont be back next year and probably not strome either(not a good chance anyway). could see erie getting bigras

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Erie will probably go all in as well because they know mcdavid wont be back next year and probably not strome either(not a good chance anyway). could see erie getting bigras

That's a good point. They saw the failure of Halifax last year without Mackinnon and they were lucky enough to keep Drouin. Erie potentially loses two players next year.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
So does team Canada just go off camp? Bigras was defensive Dman of the year last year in the OHL. He is now producing at a ppg pace, and it sounds like he is doing so in pretty dominating fashion. And he was the best Dman for the OHL in the subway series.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So does team Canada just go off camp? Bigras was defensive Dman of the year last year in the OHL. He is now producing at a ppg pace, and it sounds like he is doing so in pretty dominating fashion. And he was the best Dman for the OHL in the subway series.

Camp has a lot to do with it. His performance last year had a lot to do with it. The fact is that the other LH defenseman are better than Bigras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->