Prospect Info: 2014-15 Colorado Avalanche Junior Prospects Thread (CHL & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Exactly. This is why it matters what the DP writes. :shakehead

That's too bad. I didn't think he did anything wrong, I saw some of those scrimmages. Just hope Avs fans don't get discouraged on him, he's having a great season.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Sunaya Sapurji ‏@sunayas 3m3 minutes ago
Benoit Groulx said it wasn't anything Chris Bigras did or didn't do... the other D at camp were just better at this point in time. #WJC2015

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Chris Bigras clearly a bit stunned by development: "Not the outcome I was looking for, but can't dwell on it right now"

Coach Groulx on Bigras decision: "Very difficult … it's devastating for him, we understand that"

Groulx on Bigras: "I know he's going through some tough moments right now. It was not an easy announcement to make."

Feel bad for the kid, especially with the season he's having in the OHL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm wondering on the over/under on time until the first article suggesting it comes out though. Depends if the DP cares to mention it or not.

I don't get why you let it work you up. It just makes me laugh. Granted having to read the english press make up stories about the German league in soccer has given me a lot of practice with laughing off incompetent reporting at a level that Chambers can't even aspire to. But still, coverage of the avs and avs prospects has been horrible for as long as I've been aware that the media covers them.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I was hoping to share my disappoint with fellow Avs fans on Bigras being cut on what I believe was no fault of his own. Should have expected a Canadian hate fest though.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Well, I have no reason to root for CAN, and while I think they will win
its nice that this tourney has been so strong its not an automatic for them and hasnt been for a while now.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
We came really close to play Bigras in the NHL last season. I wonder how that would have gone.

Regardless of playing for Team Canada at the WJC this season he's got a legitimate argument in the OHL's Max Kaminsky trophy for best defenceman.

And for Attack fans this isn't anything new, in 2011 Hishon, Garrett Wilson, and Jesse Blacker were all cuts (Hishon was the only shock), and it turned out pretty well for them when they humiliated Dave Cameron and the Majors in Game 7 in Mississauga.

Bigras will be just fine, and I'm glad he'll be sticking around with the Attack. Fewer games between now and January 10th means fewer chances for him to be hurt if the team decides to sell this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad