League News: 2014-15 Around the League III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm still interested in the offer sheet situations - would, say, Buffalo approach Haimlton with a 1st 2nd & 3rd worth offer sheet simply to screw over the B's? Not sure what they'd gain from it.

I'd think a team like Buffalo, which is likely to have a very high pick again in 2016, would be pretty hesitant to start offer sheeting guys, especially when they don't yet know what they have with their prospects.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'd think a team like Buffalo, which is likely to have a very high pick again in 2016, would be pretty hesitant to start offer sheeting guys, especially when they don't yet know what they have with their prospects.

Not sure I agree. If Buffalo thinks their guys are good and that a few younger yet veteran guys will help accelerate the rebuild they should go for it. A top 6 with Eichel, Ennis, Moulson, E Kane, Girgs, and then add a guy like Saad... not bad. Or adding Hamilton to Risto, Bogosian, Zadorov, Meszaros... not bad either.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure I agree. If Buffalo thinks their guys are good and that a few younger yet veteran guys will help accelerate the rebuild they should go for it. A top 6 with Eichel, Ennis, Moulson, E Kane, Girgs, and then add a guy like Saad... not bad. Or adding Hamilton to Risto, Bogosian, Zadorov, Meszaros... not bad either.

IMO the current perceived value of those picks in trades for such pieces goes a longer way than blowing them on offer sheets. Maybe better to let such players sign with their teams without boosting the price in a bidding war, then offer some of those picks in a trade deal.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It takes talent for a defenseman as large as Sustr to completely take himself out of the play defensively.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Thank God. How embarassing would it be for us to see a team founded in 1992 with TWO cups, and the Caps with zero.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Future Caps player Patrick Sharp hoisted Lord Stanley for the 3rd time in his career tonight. He better enjoy it, he won't do that ever again :laugh:

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Goal-tending isn't why they lost. They only gave up 2 goals in all the games except one.

Yes, but the guy had a torn groin. If he has such a severe injury that he shows obvious signs of pain and difficulty with movements, it isn't a good idea to use him since it can be exploited. Plus Vasielekiekekey, #88, whatever his name is played good in the game he did get to play. The second goal on the fake shot, had he of tried to slide across I bet his leg would of fell off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->