WJC: 2014 — Finland Roster Talk

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Awesome tournament by you. I was chering for you soo much.. I almost got a heartattack in the OT :laugh: Nice to see winning this championship someone other than Canada, Usa, Sweden or Russia. Big big congratulations to you :)
Hopefully we will get our medal from this tournament soon as well.

I'm sure you will! I think Pastrnak will dominate next years' tourney, so maybe that's your chance :) .

ChickenBurrito

Apr 8, 2013
Awesome tournament by you. I was chering for you soo much.. I almost got a heartattack in the OT :laugh: Nice to see winning this championship someone other than Canada, Usa, Sweden or Russia. Big big congratulations to you :)
Hopefully we will get our medal from this tournament soon as well.

The little guys stick together to cheer against the big guys: Canada, US, Russia, and Sweden

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
-Finland won WJC hockey gold.
-Finland made it to the Volleyball World Championship final tournament. First time since 1982.
-I just got laid.

How's your day been?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

-Finland made it to the Volleyball World Championship final tournament. First time since 1982.
-I just got laid.

How's your day been?

Not as good as yours. :)

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I'm sure you will! I think Pastrnak will dominate next years' tourney, so maybe that's your chance :) .

Yeah, I gotta pretty good feeling about the next two tourneys. It seems like we've been kinda improving just like you have recent years but we'll see if it's gonna be enough. Maybe we'll see each other in the quarters again next year. :)
Anyway, enjoy the victory and celebrations. :)

Tiki75

Jan 5, 2004
-I just got laid.

How's your day been?

I might add to the list the fact that i'm drunk
:yo:

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
So extremely happy right now!!!:') This guys on our team, such legends all of them, true heroes!

We knew TT, RR55 and Saros was this good but i have to say im really impressed by some other guys that i didnt expected that much from.

Lindell was maybe our best D this tourney, not only good in the offense, really good defensively too.

Mäenalanen turned out to the goal scorer we was hoping for, he played a great two-way game and is very good offensively with his scoring ability and big body, this guy works so hard, enjoyed watching him every single game.

Haapala impressed me very much with his defensive work, he was damn good on the PK and he was always taking the right decisions without the puck. Really good in defensive role.

Another small guy, Kulmala. Always kept his speed up making it hard for oponents D's. Created chances every game and also worked very hard both at ends of the game.

Henri Ikonen really stepped up these last 3 games, didnt show that much in the regulation rounds but later on he had a lot of energy to his game and were strong on the puck and showed a lot of heart.

All guys on the team deserves all credit for their passion and hard work! Kivi for president!

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
This thread needs more...

king-of-the-road-black-silver.jpg

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Didn't see this coming at all. I thought I'd never see the day that Finland wins a U20 tournament, at least not for the next decade or something. I've followed this tourney since Crosby and Ovy played in it and year after year Finland was a step below the top 3 countries, usually by a large margin too. And now suddenly this happens.

It's just a huge surprise and a miracle on ice moment for Finnish hockey. Even better to win Russia, Canada and Sweden in the same tournament. That's an incredible feat from a "no name"-team.

Thanks to the team for a great victory!

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
-Finland made it to the Volleyball World Championship final tournament.
-I just got laid. First time since 1982.

How's your day been?

fine thank you, fixed it for you :sarcasm:

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
We talked alot about finland sending secondary team to this WJC and some people asked well wheres the Finland A team then. Answer is in the Olympics.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
We talked alot about finland sending secondary team to this WJC and some people asked well wheres the Finland A team then. Answer is in the Olympics.

How does that make any sense? Our Olympic team wouldn't be eligible to play in the WJC.

You must do a better job at trolling.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
fine thank you, fixed it for you :sarcasm:
I had a hearty laugh at that first, but got truly depressed then. Unless inserting ones pinky up to the first joint counts, you were spot on. :cry: :laugh:

Don't forget the Finns won the ringette world championship on Friday!
That was one bizarre tournament. Finland and Canada are such powerhouses in that sport that they just gave those two a direct bye to the final without even bothering to try them against the rest. Those remaining participants got to compete on who makes it to the bronze game. No joke.

How does that make any sense? Our Olympic team wouldn't be eligible to play in the WJC.
Our WJC A team = Barkov + Määttä. And looks like they'll see some international ice this season as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00