2013 WJC Thread - USA! USA! USA!

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Dare I even say this? Filip Forsberg looked like a freaking beast against Team Russia. He was by far the best player on the ice for either team IMO.

I don't want to turn this into another "we should've drafted him" debate, but damn he looked exactly like the type of forward we could use in our organization. I watched the game cursing Shero :sarcasm:

Fors is a stud. I've been watching him closely this week and he's been making plays I haven't seen a Pens' winger, not named Neal, make in a long time.

If they don't give it to RNH, or another Canadian because they aren't in the gold medal game, I could see him getting Forward of the tourney if SWE wins.

On a side note, I love how Grigs drives hard to the net from the corner.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Russian kids acting like punks after the game. Classless now... passion once they do it in the NHL.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Harrington was so good. Only solid D-man on Canada squad. He was +5, other D-men were like +1, 0 or so. He also made a great offensive play on a 5-5 goal vs Russia.

Also, TOP 3 for Canada announced: Harrington, RNH, Scheifele

Let´s talk about Simon "healthy scratch" Despres being our best D-prospect and Harrington being 6th... :sarcasm:

I see Bennett and Harrington as our best prospects right now. Harrington´s value also had to go significantly higher after this. Hamilton, Rielly, Murphy, Reinhart etc. were clearly worse than him.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Harrington was so good. Only solid D-man on Canada squad. He was +5, other D-men were like +1, 0 or so. He also made a great offensive play on a 5-5 goal vs Russia.

Also, TOP 3 for Canada announced: Harrington, RNH, Scheifele

Let´s talk about Simon "healthy scratch" Despres being our best D-prospect and Harrington being 6th... :sarcasm:

I see Bennett and Harrington as our best prospects right now. Harrington´s value also had to go significantly higher after this. Hamilton, Rielly, Murphy, Reinhart etc. were clearly worse than him.
That Canadian defense is what lost them games. Good players don't always make the best group when put together. I blame hockey Canada for their losses more than anyone. They put a bunch of softies on D together. The US hemmed them in their own zone for most of their game and the Russians drove to the net all game today. Any pairing without Harrington in it looked bad.

Just updated my list...

Pouliot
Morrow
Harrington
Doumolin
Bennett
Maatta
Despres
Blueger
Hanowski
Tangradi

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
"I have the rest of my life to reflect on this, and that’s not going to be easy to do" - Spott

Man, Canada takes this thing waaaay too seriously.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

USA G John Gibson named tourney MVP and top goalie. USA's Jacob Trouba named top defenceman. CAN's RNH top forward.

IIHF ‏@IIHFHockey

#2013WJC All-Star Team: John Gibson - Jacob Trouba, Jake McCabe - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, John Gaudreau, Filip Forsberg.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Western PA represented well in this tourney!!
Don't forget about Jimmy Johnson.

Really happy for Gaudreau. The last time I saw him live was at the Chowder Cup and he was just a man among boys. That kids got the gift.

member 51464

Zip, nada, zero, zilch.

I might be biased though :sarcasm:

Suck it Swede :sarcasm: Just kidding. If the US was going to lose to anyone of the Final Four, I would've picked your country, haha. But, good game, I guess? (I was sleeping)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad