2013 Team lineup

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher > Plekanec has two legit snipers to pass to
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta > Chucky & Larry dances around the D, Gio picks up the scraps
Prust - Briere - Bourque > Prust & Bourque drive the net, Briere is left with room
Moen - Desharnais - Parros > Someone knocks DD down, Parros jumps him.

Emelin - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Bouillon - Diaz

lol i would actually roll with those lines, maybe swap bourque and gionta

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher > Plekanec has two legit snipers to pass to
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta > Chucky & Larry dances around the D, Gio picks up the scraps
Prust - Briere - Bourque > Prust & Bourque drive the net, Briere is left with room
Moen - Desharnais - Parros > Someone knocks DD down, Parros jumps him.

Emelin - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Bouillon - Diaz

If you take one of Gionta or DD out of the lineup it actually looks really good.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Sign Jagr and roll 4 lines.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.500m)
Danny Briere ($4.000m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
George Parros ($0.938m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.722m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Raphael Diaz ($1.225m) / Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) / Davis Drewiske ($0.638m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,132,708; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $864,792

Boston re-signed Jagr.

KoZed

Mar 28, 2009
Q
lol i would actually roll with those lines, maybe swap bourque and gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque
Prust - Briere - Gionta

That's a big 2nd line but small 3rd line.

Having Briere + Gionta + Desharnais blows. On paper, Briere is the more versatile because you can put him at C or RW and he can pass as well as shoot. Gio is solely a shooting RW and DD is solely a passing C.

Messing around with the lineup, I was tempted to turn Prust into a 3rd line C and make us a better 2-way 3rd line and free up Eller for a more offensive role.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Prust - Gionta

jrk

Jun 27, 2011
Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gionta
Desharnais Plekanec Bourque
Briere Eller Gallagher
Prust White Parros
Moen

Moen play on the second line if Gionta is hurt and Desharnais on the first instead of Gionta.

My thinking is simple. I just want to have an average size of 6 feet on each line. I don't see these line as the one MT will use but I wanted to see if we could balance size in the first 3 lines and the answer is no. Unless Moen and Prust are added in the first 3 lines, we can't possibly have 3 lines with an average size of 6 feet.

Unless a guy like Louis Leblanc can play this year on the 3rd line and we can trade Gionta for a 4th line center better then White or something like that, I don't see how we can manage with those smalls players.

In defense,

Subban Gorges
Emelin Markov
Diaz Tinordi
Bouillon Drewiske

I don't see any problems in our defense if Markov can keep his energy level high all year long. We have size, offensive and defensive upside on all 3 pairs.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
This team is kind of interesting in that we don't have many "star" players, but is balanced across the first three lines with guys who will get 15-25 goals and 45-55 points.

I am not sure if this is a good strategy, but it worked last year in the regular season.

Pacioretty - 35g-35a
Subban - 20g-50a
Markov - 15g-35a
Plekanec - 25g-30a
Desharnais - 20g-40a
Briere - 15g-25a
Gionta - 25g-20a
Gallagher - 25g-25a with upside
Galchenyuk - 20g-30a with upside
Eller - 15g-30a with upside
Bourque - 25g-20a
Diaz - 5g-30a
Prust - 15g-15a

That is 260 goals with a few more chipped in by the supporting cast and we are near 275 goals for the year, which puts us at the top of the league.

I realize this is a very subjective analysis, but historically those are the kind of stats we can expect from each player. I would assume that a few will underperform and a few overperform, so it should even out.

So what this means, is that we need Carey Price and the defense to keep the puck out of our net and we should be a solid team.

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
I still say we absolutely need to add a player like Penner or Jagr and trade David Desharnais.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Briere
Gallagher - Plekanec - Jagr/Penner
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Parros - Prust - Moen

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
Fans are complaining we aren't big down the middle. I think 29 other teams would love to have Galchenyuk and Eller down the middle. Eller's offense has improved every year and he's ready to dominate. 30 points in 46 games last year is better than most 2nd line center in the league.

These are our core guys:

C-Galchenyk 6'2" 205lbs 19 yrs old
C-Eller 6'2" 200lbs 24 yrs old

LW-Pacioretty 6'2" 200lbs 24 yrs old
LW-Gallagher 5'9" 174lbs 20 yrs old <-we've all seen him play, he plays like 6'4" 220lbs

D-Subban 6'0" 210lbs 24 yrs old

G-Price 6'3" 225lbs 25 yrs old

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
This team is kind of interesting in that we don't have many "star" players, but is balanced across the first three lines with guys who will get 15-25 goals and 45-55 points.

I am not sure if this is a good strategy, but it worked last year in the regular season.

Pacioretty - 35g-35a
Subban - 20g-50a
Markov - 15g-35a
Plekanec - 25g-30a
Desharnais - 20g-40a
Briere - 15g-25a
Gionta - 25g-20a
Gallagher - 25g-25a with upside
Galchenyuk - 20g-30a with upside
Eller - 15g-30a with upside
Bourque - 25g-20a
Diaz - 5g-30a
Prust - 15g-15a

That is 260 goals with a few more chipped in by the supporting cast and we are near 275 goals for the year, which puts us at the top of the league.

I realize this is a very subjective analysis, but historically those are the kind of stats we can expect from each player. I would assume that a few will underperform and a few overperform, so it should even out.

So what this means, is that we need Carey Price and the defense to keep the puck out of our net and we should be a solid team.

PRobably a typo but there's no way we signed Briere to score as many goals as Prust or Markov.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Gionta - Plekanec - Briere
Moen - White/Dumont - Prust

Pre-Emelin
Markov - Subban
Beaulieu/Bouillon - Gorges
Tinordi/Drewiske - Diaz
With Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Markov
Tinordi/Bouillon- Diaz

wolfinhabsclothing

Aug 18, 2008
If the season opened today, you would, realisticaly, be looking at this:

Plekanec between Bourque and Gionta
Desharnais between Pacioretty and Briere
Eller between Galchenyuk and Gallagher

Those are your "top 9" forwards anyways, so I agree moving a small body - ideally DD or Gionta would be required, and adding a larger one - Penner? Jagr? Door #3? would be a good idea.

White/Prust/Moen look like your 4th line, but Prust will surely see action in the top 9 to spell someone who's hurt or playing poorly, or just provide jump. Parros and Dumont will also get into games for Moen and White, depending on the opposition.

On D we probably start with:

Markov/Subban
Gorges/Diaz
Bouillon/Tinordi
Drewiske as the 7 while we await Emelin to recover.

So basically, Bergevin has work to do, as I don't see them as a playoff squad in our new division, or at very least they are a fringe playoff team.

Galchenyuk4habs

Nov 13, 2011
Montreal
This is why you don't extend RFA's in the middle of the season -__-
Are any of you willing to trade Desharnais for a 3rd round pick? If so I would like Penner to get signed as he would fit in much nicer than Desharnais at this point.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Briere-Penner(gio in IR)
Moen-White-Parros

By the time Gio comes back, someone else is probably injured and so on. The line-up lacks a true PWF on the top-two lines like Lucic or Stewart but other wise it's pretty good.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Pacioretty/DD/Bourque
Prust/Plekanec/Briere
Gally/Eller/Gally
Moen/White/?

Markov/Subban
Gorges/Tinordi
Cube/Diaz
Drewiske

Gionta & Emelin to be added when they are healthy.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Prust - Briere - Gionta

That's a big 2nd line but small 3rd line.

Having Briere + Gionta + Desharnais blows. On paper, Briere is the more versatile because you can put him at C or RW and he can pass as well as shoot. Gio is solely a shooting RW and DD is solely a passing C.

Messing around with the lineup, I was tempted to turn Prust into a 3rd line C and make us a better 2-way 3rd line and free up Eller for a more offensive role.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Prust - Gionta

having a small 3rd line doeant really matter because they'll have limited ice time and will most likely be matched vs weaker lines. plus u still have prust who'll be able to create some room for them

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
If the season opened today, you would, realisticaly, be looking at this:

Plekanec between Bourque and Gionta
Desharnais between Pacioretty and Briere
Eller between Galchenyuk and Gallagher

Those are your "top 9" forwards anyways, so I agree moving a small body - ideally DD or Gionta would be required, and adding a larger one - Penner? Jagr? Door #3? would be a good idea.

So basically, Bergevin has work to do, as I don't see them as a playoff squad in our new division, or at very least they are a fringe playoff team.

I think DD + Briere is too small for a 2nd line. It's time to officially place DD on the 3rd line with gionta and prust, or gallagher and prust.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
how? Streit was a scoring machine in montreal. wracking up 62 points. meanwhile Diaz is barely getting 20 points
Streit wasn't even in the NHL at 27. If you look at their progression, Diaz is ahead of Streit at the same age. Not saying Diaz will be better than Streit, but it's not impossible.

And anyway, the point I was making is that it would be better to sign Diaz before he gets his 62 points. We could have had Streit signed for cheap in 2007-2008, and he would've been one of the best bargain in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad