Speculation: 2013 Schedule

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
that schedule is not the schedule anymore, some games will stay but it has to be redone if you notice that is only 41 games for the Rangers so it isn't the real schedule, guessing in the next day or so the real one will come out.

trader11

Jul 5, 2009
I think they have to ratify the deal first and decide if they want a 48 or 50 game season. NHL.com still has the remaining games from the original schedule on it.

NickyMaz

Dec 19, 2011
Omaha, NE
Just a note, the schedule currently on NHL.com is the old schedule from the beginning of the year and is not official. That one still has the Rangers playing Western Conference games which we know will not be apart of the new schedule.

I'd expect a schedule to come out in a few days, first game will probably be a marque game like Rangers v. Flyers.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Believe the schedule will be released later today or tomorrow. I would think tomorrow is a safer bet. Give them some time after the marathon session of last night/this morning.

Pretty sure they already had both a 50 and 48 game schedule ready to go...just need to finalize which will be used.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
They might as well use the 50 at this point. It's more revenue for them.
True, but reading they will start training camp wednesday or thursday. Lebrun had said last night that 50 gamer would start on 15th and 48 gamer on 19th. If they are starting camp wednesday or thursday, no chance do they start the season on the 15th.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Pretty sure they already had both a 50 and 48 game schedule ready to go...just need to finalize which will be used.

That is what LeBrun was saying last night. Think they are just still thinking about the logistics. Wont start camp until everything is ratified and approved, so not sure the 50 is practical. They are trying NOT to extend the regular season, unlike in 95 when the regular season went all the way until may 2nd or so.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
They might as well use the 50 at this point. It's more revenue for them.

True, but you need to allow the teams/players some kind of camp. Unless they can push the end of the season back another few days (when is it expected to end now anyway) it might make more sense to go with 48. Plus, the schedule works out more easily with 48.

7 games x 4 other teams in your division - 28 Games
1 Home and Away against 10 teams in the other two divisions in your conference - 20 Games

Total - 48 Games, all intra conference.

That's supposed to be the schedule, with opening night on January 19. We'll find out pretty soon if that's the case.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
also, Knicks only have 3 home games in January after the 13th, one is an afternoon game. St Johns has 2 games at MSG and there is one concert. I suspect they will open with a bunch of home games early.

dowenmr

Apr 11, 2012
Rockland County, NY
I think they will really want to have the Rangers open up against a big rival such as Devils, Islanders, or Flyers. There is no better way to get the fans back on board with hockey then to have your team play a big game right off the bat.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
It really does not matter with whom they open. People will be pumped regardless.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
I really hate this idea of playing a majority of your games in-division. What's going to wind up happening is that the Atlantic is going to wind up beating the crap out of itself (even the Fishsticks play everyone pretty well), and where we might end up with a huge point total and wrapping up a playoff spot earlier if we can play lesser Northeast/Southeast teams, instead everyone is going to get crunched into a smaller range of point total for the season and the superior Atlantic is going to have SOMEBODY get screwed. I just hope it's not the Rangers losing home-ice (or god-forbid a playoff spot) to someone like the Lightning because they have 28 games against the Caps/Canes/Jets/Panthers... while we get 28 against the Flyers/Pens/Debs/Fishsticks.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I really hate this idea of playing a majority of your games in-division. What's going to wind up happening is that the Atlantic is going to wind up beating the crap out of itself (even the Fishsticks play everyone pretty well), and where we might end up with a huge point total and wrapping up a playoff spot earlier if we can play lesser Northeast/Southeast teams, instead everyone is going to get crunched into a smaller range of point total for the season and the superior Atlantic is going to have SOMEBODY get screwed. I just hope it's not the Rangers losing home-ice (or god-forbid a playoff spot) to someone like the Lightning because they have 28 games against the Caps/Canes/Jets/Panthers... while we get 28 against the Flyers/Pens/Debs/Fishsticks.

I think you are overrating that concept. The other divisions will beat each other up, too.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Anyone have an idea when the regular season will end? If the trade deadline is expected to be in early April, I'm assuming the regular season will end mid-May. That sound about right?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Anyone have an idea when the regular season will end? If the trade deadline is expected to be in early April, I'm assuming the regular season will end mid-May. That sound about right?

My guess would be last weekend of april, first weekend of may.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
True, but you need to allow the teams/players some kind of camp. Unless they can push the end of the season back another few days (when is it expected to end now anyway) it might make more sense to go with 48. Plus, the schedule works out more easily with 48.

7 games x 4 other teams in your division - 28 Games
1 Home and Away against 10 teams in the other two divisions in your conference - 20 Games

Total - 48 Games, all intra conference.

That's supposed to be the schedule, with opening night on January 19. We'll find out pretty soon if that's the case.

I think it works out much better for a 50 game schedule. 5 games a piece in division and 3 each against the other 2 divisions. Much more fair considering you are competing for playoff spots against those 2 divisions

Kershaw

I'm just hoping we don't play in LA opening night. Would be bitter seeing the banner being raised up after being so close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->