2013 schedule... Starting at home or away?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Coyotes will open the season on the ROAD against DALLAS Jan. 19th then return HOME to play CHICAGO Jan. 20th

My source works for the Coyotes in player personnel... times have not been set and these games COULD change but im told it is as good as set in stone at this point. Just working on times now.

Poor Chicago has to play at both the Coyotes and Kings Home Openers. Lots of jealousy will be building up when the Blackhawks see the banners raising.

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
Coyotes will open the season on the ROAD against DALLAS Jan. 19th then return HOME to play CHICAGO Jan. 20th

My source works for the Coyotes in player personnel... times have not been set and these games COULD change but im told it is as good as set in stone at this point. Just working on times now.

Thanks for the info. Its probably safe to assume then that there will be a couple of home games somewhere between the 21-25, considering the every other day schedule the nhl is going to have to maintain to get 48 games in.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
The proposed schedule sucks. It's going to heavily penalise the strong divisions like the Pacific.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Gonna be 20 of 48 games against division this season (42%).

Usually was 24 of 82 games in division (29%). Almost like they're going back to the badly received 8 games in division when you had 32 of 82 for 39%.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Gonna be 20 of 48 games against division this season (42%).

Usually was 24 of 82 games in division (29%). Almost like they're going back to the badly received 8 games in division when you had 32 of 82 for 39%.

Wouldn't it be easier to get Division winners, and make it a bit easier to avoid ties and such at the end? Last couple seasons the West has come down to the last day of games for the most part.

What impact does this have on the break between games though? Is this schedule going to be compact like the NBA was last season(3 games in 3 nights for some teams), etc., or is it still going to be a back to back and then have a decent break?

I just don't want the level of play/risk of injury to decrease/increase because of a schedule that isn't fit for the players.

Wile E Coyotes

Oct 29, 2009
Arizona
It looks more than likely that no interconference games will take place in the regular season.

My only hope is the Coyotes don't play the Kings in LA on the night they raise their banners as that would be major salt in the wounds.

Would that not light the fire and piss off the entire team? To win you gotta be angry. I'd love to see that happen lol

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So I assume that once the memo is signed off of on, the starting gate drops for trades and signings? Could get interesting with the compressed timeline everyone is working on.

AZcoyotes33

Jun 2, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy was on breakthrough sports am 1010 in Phoenix and said that it looks extremely probable the Coyotes open up Jan. 20th vs Chicago with an 8 pm start time.

Before people start to freak out over an 8 pm start time, remember Monday is MLK day and most do not have to worry about getting up early for work.

This start time also SCREAMS national television. NBCSN probably wants to wait till after the NFL games and this still maintains a 7pm Pacific time for the west coast. Wouldnt be surprised to see this game nationally televised.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy was on breakthrough sports am 1010 in Phoenix and said that it looks extremely probable the Coyotes open up Jan. 20th vs Chicago with an 8 pm start time.

Before people start to freak out over an 8 pm start time, remember Monday is MLK day and most do not have to worry about getting up early for work.

This start time also SCREAMS national television. NBCSN probably wants to wait till after the NFL games and this still maintains a 7pm Pacific time for the west coast. Wouldnt be surprised to see this game nationally televised.

Must be nice to have those holidays off! I would like to go, but have to work the next day and don't want to drive down from Flag if its that's late. Guess I gotta settle for Collins pub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad