2013 schedule... Starting at home or away?

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
Now that the lockout is over, the particulars of getting a season started neet to be worked out. Given the pending sale/ownership announcement in Phoenix, one could presume that the league/owners will want ***** in seats at Glendale as soon as possible. Is it realistic to think that the Coyotes will start the abbreviated season on a home stand?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I do wonder just how few games FSA will bother to pick up this season. 48 game schedule, and how many should we figure are actually on television locally? 30?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I do wonder just how few games FSA will bother to pick up this season. 48 game schedule, and how many should we figure are actually on television locally? 30?

This will be a challenge. Though they did mention it during the Suns game tonight.

I'd honestly be shocked if they had as many as 30 on FSA proper. I'd bet most all of the games are televised, but on FSA+; which is about as good as not being televised at all.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
With no owner yet I fully expect the Coyotes to have the worst schedule of all the teams.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
FSA doesn't give a crap about the Coyotes. Understandable though because the Coyotes don't make them any money. Hell, last year there was a game on DirecTV that wasn't even available in HD. I understand it was an added game late in the season, but still, in today's day and age how a local team can't get an HD broadcast of an away game is just REDICULOUS.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
With no owner yet I fully expect the Coyotes to have the worst schedule of all the teams.

The way our schedule has been the last few years I won't be surprised to see us having to fly into town before every single game of the season, no home stand longer than one game.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
It looks more than likely that no interconference games will take place in the regular season.

My only hope is the Coyotes don't play the Kings in LA on the night they raise their banners as that would be major salt in the wounds.

Last edited:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
The ticket holders just got this email:

Once the CBA is ratified, we will move quickly to ensure that you receive all the necessary information about your tickets and account and a copy of the new revised NHL schedule so that you are ready for Coyotes hockey at Jobing.com Arena. We expect that the 2012-13 season will begin on Saturday, January 19 but that is the only information we can share at this time.

I vote to start at home.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I've never been to a banner raising ceremony. Would they wait for a weekend home date to do it or just the first home game no matter what day of the week? It might be a better move to have it on a weekend due to the historical low turnout for weekday games (I hope that changes soon).

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
The ticket holders just got this email:
Once the CBA is ratified, we will move quickly to ensure that you receive all the necessary information about your tickets and account and a copy of the new revised NHL schedule so that you are ready for Coyotes hockey at Jobing.com Arena. We expect that the 2012-13 season will begin on Saturday, January 19 but that is the only information we can share at this time.

I vote to start at home.

That sounds somewhat promising, I'm going to be in town from the 21-25 and would love to catch a game while I'm there. Thanks for the info! Now, if only fate can find a way to have the Oilers in town for that game....:sarcasm:

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Not sure I like the sound of that set up:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

As others reported, looks like season is maximum 48 games starting Jan 19 with camps opening no later than Sunday Jan. 13, if all goes well.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Saw something on Twitter saying we'd start on the road against Dallas on the 19th. If that's true, I'd go for 3 road games and then back here for a home opener on Sat. the 26th.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I should also add my issues with a start on the 20th. It will be competing with the NFL. A start on the 19th would only be competing against college basketball; the hype for the banner drop would be 2X's more.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I should also add my issues with a start on the 20th. It will be competing with the NFL. A start on the 19th would only be competing against college basketball; the hype for the banner drop would be 2X's more.
Not just competing with the NFL, competing with the NFL during conference championships. That would be foolish in my opinion!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised by such a move seeing how the team manages to still get screwed on national tv exposure in the regular season despite the drive to the WCF as demonstated in the full season schedule of 12-13 that has now been cut in nearly half.

AZcoyotes33

Jun 2, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Coyotes will open the season on the ROAD against DALLAS Jan. 19th then return HOME to play CHICAGO Jan. 20th

My source works for the Coyotes in player personnel... times have not been set and these games COULD change but im told it is as good as set in stone at this point. Just working on times now.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Coyotes will open the season on the ROAD against DALLAS Jan. 19th then return HOME to play CHICAGO Jan. 20th

My source works for the Coyotes in player personnel... times have not been set and these games COULD change but im told it is as good as set in stone at this point. Just working on times now.

That blows!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->