2013 Retirements and Euros

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Jason Arnott didn't play hockey this year nor was he under contract to anyone and failed a physical to come back. I would consider him to be done, but if required he can move to my prospect list. Ryan Lasch is also considering a move back to the SEL. Elite prospects has him listed there for 2013-2014 but I can't find confirmation. Will work on that.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
So what to do about Chris Pronger? He hasn't played since the fall of 2011, and is still having concussion issues, although he has said he is not retiring yet or ruling out returning. But there are supposedly financial incentives for him to stay 'injured' but on contract, versus retiring because of the injury at this point, although I don't really know all the details. Either way, tough one, but I think we have some precedent for this with Kariya and Lindros etc. Not sure.

Ideally, I'd like to get a ruling before free agency. I'm ok if he is going to be eligible to return to my roster - he averaged almost a point per game last year in his dozen games, so his rating will be as good as ever - but ideally I get a ruling on this sooner rather than later so I can plan accordingly.

So it is either, (1) move him to my prospect list until such time as he either retires or returns, or (2) keep him on my active roster until such time as he retires, and his rating will reflect his most recent play (although dated), albeit with a pretty poor DU rating (not that it matters in STHL it seems).

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I think Pronger has to be moved to the prospect list.

It is generally accepted that he will not play again and is only putting off retirement so his contract (35+) doesn't hurt Philly (they get a long term injury credit).

I don't see how he can continue to play based on ratings from 13 games 2 years ago.

He should be moved to the prospect list, subject to reinstatement if he plays.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I think Pronger has to be moved to the prospect list.

It is generally accepted that he will not play again and is only putting off retirement so his contract (35+) doesn't hurt Philly (they get a long term injury credit).

I don't see how he can continue to play based on ratings from 13 games 2 years ago.

He should be moved to the prospect list, subject to reinstatement if he plays.

Agree. I think that is the ruling we should be making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->