OT: 2013 Redsox/MLB Thread - Playoff Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Well, Lackey gave us good reason to hate him. He's won me back with what he's done this season.

I wonder if Lester's endearing penchant to whine when calls don't go his way color folks' opinions about his ability to throw the baseball. I get it, it's kind of annoying when he does it, but it's pretty tough to argue with how consistent he's really been over the last five years.
His penchant to pull that crap does color the home plate Ump's opinion on whether or not the next close pitch is called a ball or strike. That in turn has had further ramifications as the inning/game progress.

It's not right... but some of the umpires just hate being challenged.
Man, I wish I could be at Fenway today for this game.
I'm not a big day drinker but today will be an exception. I saved my last case of Yuengling for last night & today.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
Dusty Baker fired in Cincy. I guess making the playoffs 3 out the last 4 years just doesn't mean much anymore. :)

i think the way the last two playoff appearances have gone is what's up.

blew a 2-0 lead last year by losing all three games in cincinnati.

made poor tactical decisions in the game tuesday night and was eliminated.

at the end of the day, he's not the greatest tactical manager and they've not really performed for him in the three playoff years. time for a change.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Digging out the Pedroia jersey and Bellhorn t-shirt to go under it.

Go Sox!

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
His penchant to pull that crap does color the home plate Ump's opinion on whether or not the next close pitch is called a ball or strike. That in turn has had further ramifications as the inning/game progress.

It's not right... but some of the umpires just hate being challenged.

Well, when they're replaced by robots we won't have that problem. :laugh:

If that's a beef with him that people have I'm fine with that and I get it and I understand the ramifications....but in the same respect, the kid's managed to succeed despite whatever reputation may be attached to him. I'm admittedly a Lester fan and a self-professed pain in the ass myself, so I more easily forgive the petulance. I like where it comes from, even if I don't necessarily like how it manifests. I'll take the fire and attitude from him rather than a nonchalant and ambivalent nature.

I'm not a big day drinker but today will be an exception. I saved my last case of Yuengling for last night & today.

Nah, it's a good weekend to be a Boston sports fan. Gotta savor it. Me, I'm sure I've got a particularly potent flavor of water around here somewhere. :laugh:

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Well, when they're replaced by robots we won't have that problem. :laugh:

If that's a beef with him that people have I'm fine with that and I get it and I understand the ramifications....but in the same respect, the kid's managed to succeed despite whatever reputation may be attached to him. I'm admittedly a Lester fan and a self-professed pain in the ass myself, so I more easily forgive the petulance. I like where it comes from, even if I don't necessarily like how it manifests. I'll take the fire and attitude from him rather than a nonchalant and ambivalent nature.
I'm down with that too. I just prefer a reaction like Peavy's instead.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
After being a hardcore baseball/Red Sox fan for the majority of my 48 years I feel like a pink hat watching the game. I don't think I've watched more than 2 total games in their entirety all year. I've just kind of lost my passion for the game. I guess once you go Bruins you never go back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad