GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They were still listed as free agents on cap geek. Must not be updated.

One site who's pretty fast and great in that department is strangely enough this one....http://www.eliteprospects.com/

Not just for prospects, clearly. You could also have the rumours and even the doubtful ones throughout the hockey community. Pretty entertaining and pretty fast with the infos. For example...which site has the Pascal Pelletier signing? Yeah, I know...who the **** is he...Ancient star from the Q. Yet, you'll see that just 1 hour ago, a pretty unknown kid was signed to surely play for Utica. And he's on that site.....not sure he is anywhere else but on Twitter.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Surprised Brendan Morrow is still around.

I would want him on a short term deal. GUTS.

Played in playoffs with a cracked knee cap....

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
As an aside, I'm really jealous that the Preds signed both Nystrom and Hendricks.

They still can't score as a team though. Their top point producing forward is now Legwand.

They paid a ton for guys that are depth guys. Solid character and useful guys but a lot of $$$.

Right now, I'd sign Murray or Fistric for the D. Fistric might be wise. Similar player to Emelin, hits a lot, tons of grit... He could be a good replacement short-term.

Fistric has been on my wishlist from the time Dallas traded him. Give him #5 minutes and PK time and he can keep the crease clean, block shots and drop the gloves as needed.

Surprised Brendan Morrow is still around.

I would want him on a short term deal. GUTS.

Played in playoffs with a cracked knee cap....

I'm surprised MB wasn't after him as one of his top guys, plus his wife is Carbo's daighter so a natural fit there.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Penner would help to offset the black hole that is danny briere. Penner looks lazy, but he's effective. He can look lazy, drunk, Pejorative Slured, don't really care. What matters is that in the end, when he's on the ice, he helps drive the play.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Penner would help to offset the black hole that is danny briere. Penner looks lazy, but he's effective. He can look lazy, drunk, Pejorative Slured, don't really care. What matters is that in the end, when he's on the ice, he helps drive the play.

Well, he's more useful than Briere, that's for sure.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well, he's more useful than Briere, that's for sure.

People talk about how Jagr is finished. How Iginla is done. How Morrow is close to be dying and yet, if you are counting on Penner to be a top 6 player with those stats he had on a GREAT team.....well if he isn't closed to be finish, I don't know who is...

Unless you want a bottom 6 player, Penner has no business with us. But where does he fit? Are we replacing Moen with him?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
People talk about how Jagr is finished. How Iginla is done. How Morrow is close to be dying and yet, if you are counting on Penner to be a top 6 player with those stats he had on a GREAT team.....well if he isn't closed to be finish, I don't know who is...

Unless you want a bottom 6 player, Penner has no business with us. But where does he fit? Are we replacing Moen with him?

He'd likely be third line here, which is fine. As et le but stated, we have way more need for penner than Briere. And no, that's not because of size.

outcome > perception

Analyzer*

He'd likely be third line here, which is fine. As et le but stated, we have way more need for penner than Briere. And no, that's not because of size.

outcome > perception

We need Penner because no one wants to go to the front of the net. Briere and Gallagher are the two most likely. Though, Briere just floats in to the net.

Penner just needs to cause havoc in front of the net and throw hits.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
We need Penner because no one wants to go to the front of the net. Briere and Gallagher are the two most likely. Though, Briere just floats in to the net.

Penner just needs to cause havoc in front of the net and throw hits.

Briere is more of a "stand by the crease and tap in a pass" type player. He doesn't go to the net like Gallagher does. With that said, the Habs could use a Penner, Morrow, Jagr-type that are not shy to take the puck into the slot and go to the crease. Team has skill, now they need an additional set of balls.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Briere is more of a "stand by the crease and tap in a pass" type player. He doesn't go to the net like Gallagher does. With that said, the Habs could use a Penner, Morrow, Jagr-type that are not shy to take the puck into the slot and go to the crease. Team has skill, now they need an additional set of balls.

Penner has some of the same appeal Jagr does. Whatever else he is erratic at, he's effective at driving possession as he is hard to take off the puck, and has the strength to cause damage in the crease even if he's not a particularly tough player otherwise.

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
I wouldn't mind Penner or Jags

But I kind of want to see what MB does on the trade front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad