GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Maybe Bergevin was about to pull the trigger on the deal and then he received a call from Jagr, me want to play with Plekanec. Bergevin than told Holmgren to forget about it :sarcasm:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
As an aside, I'm really jealous that the Preds signed both Nystrom and Hendricks.

They still can't score as a team though. Their top point producing forward is now Legwand.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
2 years is a big difference, but okay...

You don't know Horton. He's won a cup, maybe he wants something new? Maybe Boston wanted Iginla? This contract might look bad in year 6 and 7 - MIGHT. Up to that point, it's a good contract. After that you'll have to wait and see.

He was healthy most of the year until the end too.
I believe he wasn't playing when they won the cup. He missed the entire series vs Vancouver from what I recall. Yes he's got a ring but he doesn't really know what it's like to play in the final series and win. And you're right, I don't know him... but it's still pretty weird that you would leave a cup contender for a rebuild right now. I mean, why the hell would you do this? It just reeks of cash grab.

As for his contract, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. That guy has had his bell rung so many times that it doesn't take much anymore for him to get knocked out for weeks at a time. It's not the years its the mileage. He's damaged goods and there's absolutely no way this guy is going to play out that contract. I loved his style of play and would've loved to have got him years ago but he's not worth that money or term.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll update my list until the players are gone

Size/scoring
Dustin Penner
Jaromir Jagr

Face-offs/PK
Kyle Chipchura
David Steckel

D-man
Jeff Schultz
Douglas Murray
Mark Fistric

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006

Size/scoring
Dustin Penner
Jaromir Jagr

Face-offs/PK
Kyle Chipchura
David Steckel

D-man
Jeff Schultz
Douglas Murray
Mark Fistric

Chipchura re-signed.
Schultz with LA for 700k.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Size/scoring
Dustin Penner
Jaromir Jagr

Face-offs/PK
Kyle Chipchura
David Steckel

D-man
Jeff Schultz
Douglas Murray
Mark Fistric

Chipchura would be hilarious, and actually kind of useful. Steckel is complete garbage beyond faceoffs though.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
As an aside, I'm really jealous that the Preds signed both Nystrom and Hendricks.

They still can't score as a team though. Their top point producing forward is now Legwand.

Hornqvist - Legwand - Wilson
Stalberg - Cullen - Bourque
Hendricks - Fisher - Smith
Nystrom - Gaustad - Clune

... Rinne better have one hell of a year.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Right now, I'd sign Murray or Fistric for the D. Fistric might be wise. Similar player to Emelin, hits a lot, tons of grit... He could be a good replacement short-term.

Analyzer*

Size/scoring
Dustin Penner
Jaromir Jagr

Face-offs/PK
Kyle Chipchura
David Steckel

D-man
Jeff Schultz
Douglas Murray
Mark Fistric

Schultz is gone and he's down right terrible.

Chipchura is gone.

Nashville is going to be terrible.

Is Filip Forsberg able to come over this year?

He played some games last year.

Penner at 1 year 2 mill. Could be helpful for both. He's been terrible and if he parks his fat ass in front of the net it could earn himself a lot of points and a better contract next year.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Chipchura is gone.

Did he play because the season in Sweden was over, kind of like Collberg here or is his contract up.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Chipchura is gone.

Penner at 1 year 2 mill. Could be helpful for both. He's been terrible and if he parks his fat ass in front of the net it could earn himself a lot of points and a better contract next year.

They were still listed as free agents on cap geek. Must not be updated.

Analyzer*

Did he play because the season in Sweden was over, kind of like Collberg here or is his contract up.

Yes.

Season was done, so he came over at the end of the season for a few games. I'd say he'll be in North America next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad