GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
How is Bergevin like Gainey 2.0? Gainey signed a bunch of overpriced FAs for a gazillion years and traded a top prospect for Gomez.

Bergevin is doing the opposite which is remaining patient. Briere is nothing compared to what Gainey did.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Hahaha you're naive if you think habs fans will be that patient. I'm sure that Bergevin will do something before the end of july...heck maybe even before the end of the day...

I know, I just don't understand how people can be so impatient. It's ridiculous.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Ottawa isn't significantly better than us in my opinion. They still lost alfie and silfverberg, it's not like they just added Ryan to bolster their existing lineup. Not impress, tbh. Not afraid of Boston either. Detroit on the other hand...
Detroit's D/Goaltending needs some improvement.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Next year's going to be really interesting.

UFAs: Gionta, Parros, Markov, Emelin, Bouillon, Diaz
RFAs: Eller, Subban

The Habs should be out of the playoff race by the trade deadline next year so hopefully they deal most of their UFA's.. Keep Emelin and trade away the rest..

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Same. Not worried at all. There's still plenty of time to make moves.

Like I always said, sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make. (Clarkson, Clowe huge contracts..)

UFA signing wise, I agree with you, there aren't that many interesting choices. But we have to make some trades. We can't be inactive in this regard. Either we just shed salary, or we make trades for players we can use. But we can't play a full season nor the playoffs remotely seriously with the roster we currently have.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
How about we wait until the team actually starts playing the games?

Do you really need that to realize with have a bad line up? No way with this roster, we could go anywhere in the playoffs, IF we can make them which I highly doubt that.

We really don't have a good balance between skill, speed, grit and size at all. Year after year we've been hearing that the prices are too steep in the UFA world while other teams, under the same salary cap, can still add missing pieces to their line-up.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
How is Bergevin like Gainey 2.0? Gainey signed a bunch of overpriced FAs for a gazillion years and traded a top prospect for Gomez.

Bergevin is doing the opposite which is remaining patient. Briere is nothing compared to what Gainey did.

Your facts have no place here. To some fans every move is a bad one and nothing will stop them from being pessimistic.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Newsflash... Ryan finished with the same point total as Eller this year despite having better minutes, PP time and better linemates.
Sure lets use a 40ish games season points to compare both
And how many times did you watch him play?

Edit: please quote me at the end of the season when Ryan has more points than Eller and Captain Gionta combined :)

Apr 28, 2010
Who cares if other teams in the division got better?

Montreal plays better as underdogs anyway. I love it when we play like there's nothing lose. Look what happened last year, 2nd overall.. tssss.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

:clap: Great post. I'm not a huge MB guy, but we need to give him time to work.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

You seem to forget Gainey's ultimately fruitless and toxic reign prior to the Great Purge of '09. Patience patience patience. "We were in the running but the price was too high", yada yada yada

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You seem to forget Gainey's ultimately fruitless and toxic reign prior to the Great Purge of '09. Patience patience patience. "We were in the running but the price was too high", yada yada yada

Yeah, I was starting to wonder if I was the only to remember that. 'Standing Pat' could have become a gainey meme.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Do you really need that to realize with have a bad line up? No way with this roster, we could go anywhere in the playoffs, IF we can make them which I highly doubt that.

We really don't have a good balance between skill, speed, grit and size at all. Year after year we've been hearing that the prices are too steep in the UFA world while other teams, under the same salary cap, can still add missing pieces to their line-up.

You realize we have pretty much the same roster that finished 1st in the division, right?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't change the subject. You were talking about forwards and you said our PP would have DD-Briere-Gally and Bourque-Plek-Moen. Not Eller, Pac, Galch, etc. You clearly are just being dramatic to inflate the sense of panic and drama in this fanbase. Like many posters, you're picking and choosing your arguments, pulling stuff out of thin air, and using the ridiculously unlikely as cold, hard facts. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Seriously, this is why people love to bug hab fans.

Okay..

Look for yourself.. sort PP TOI
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....ort=avgPowerPlayTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

Look where Eller and Galchenyuk sit compared to the rest of the garbage on the team (DD, Gionta and Bouillon).

Briere is gonna take Ryder's spot, we're gonna see the same stupid lines.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

MB has been way more proactive and communicative than Gainey. Like a draft class, a GM can't be judged so quickly. Let's give MB some time to find the right deal before we lump him in with Gainey.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
The unacceptable part about this offseason for me is offering Vinny less then Desharnais, then giving briere more than desharnais

Wow I did not know he did that. That is downright terrible. The team reeks of desperation and no direction at the moment, shame because MB was given every chance to really start building.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
Wow I did not know he did that. That is downright terrible. The team reeks of desperation and no direction at the moment, shame because MB was given every chance to really start building.

TSN 690 guys were trying to argue that Bergevin might have offered more than the Flyers.

Bergevin is on cheap guy :shakehead

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Sure lets use a 40ish games season points to compare both
And how many times did you watch him play?

Edit: please quote me at the end of the season when Ryan has more points than Eller and Captain Gionta combined :)
Playing with Spezza, 1st PP minutes and 20+ minutes per game, there's little doubt that Ryan should far surpass Eller's totals this year.

I'm not attempting to compare the two...I'm simply illustrating the flawed logic that Eller is not more than a 3rd line player and won't be for another 3-5 years... You know, that dumb statement you made a few posts back.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
Don't change the subject. You were talking about forwards and you said our PP would have DD-Briere-Gally and Bourque-Plek-Moen. Not Eller, Pac, Galch, etc. You clearly are just being dramatic to inflate the sense of panic and drama in this fanbase. Like many posters, you're picking and choosing your arguments, pulling stuff out of thin air, and using the ridiculously unlikely as cold, hard facts. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Seriously, this is why people love to bug hab fans.

Toronto has a lot of these types of fans too. They're called bandwaggon fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad