Quality G prospect
Toughness that can play in a top 9 role

Analyzer*

Still hoping we come out of this draft with at least 1 of the following:

Solid top 6 LW prospect
Solid top 2 line C prospect
Quality G prospect

So, pretty much our top 4 picks and the rest are bonuses ?

parachutist

Sep 3, 2007
wishlist:

1st- Morin/Zykov/Horvat

2nd- Bailey/Theodore/Petan

2nd- Subban/Lehkonen/Heatherington

2nd- Moutrey/Carrier/Pesche

3rd- Dano/Cehlarik/Nastasiuk

3rd- Lees/Tambellini/Wallmark/Lipon

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
wishlist:

1st- Morin/Zykov/Horvat

I would love some Lehkonen ! I feel we miss some euros in our prospect pool ? We have Collberg as a renowned prospect and nothing else !(We can see more players at the WJC :laugh:)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would love some Lehkonen ! I feel we miss some euros in our prospect pool ? We have Collberg as a renowned prospect and nothing else !(We can see more players at the WJC :laugh:)

Don't worry.. I'm Mocking for the Habs in the Board draft this year. All Euros, all the time!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I don't know if a prospect goalie is as much of a need as it was last draft since we've traded for Tokarski not so long ago, but why not sign a guy like Marcoux? He's been the best, or one of the best, keeper in the Q the last two seasons and he's still undrafted.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't know if a prospect goalie is as much of a need as it was last draft since we've traded for Tokarski not so long ago, but why not sign a guy like Marcoux? He's been the best, or one of the best, keeper in the Q the last two seasons and he's still undrafted.

The more the merrier. I doubt Tokarski can ever become a starter, if we land one that becomes a starter, we can always flip him for something else.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should do everything in our power to get Marcoux. Hopefully he doesn't get drafted again and we can sign him, but that probably won't happen so we should draft him somewhere between the mid 5th and 7th round.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Still hoping we come out of this draft with at least 1 of the following:

Solid top 6 LW prospect
Solid top 2 line C prospect
Quality G prospect

That would be an ideal scenario, but I prefer TT using the top 4 picks for BPA unless it's a toss up, then you chose the better fit. Would hate to draft a guy early for need and miss out on a future all-star.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Would love Lazar, Duclair, Subban and Zykov in the top two rounds :laugh:

Duclair and Subban with our bottom 2 2nds is possible, I think Lazar will be gone before our 1st and Zykov is 50-50 to get to the Calgary pick.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
wishlist:

1st- Morin/Zykov/Horvat

Might be because we don't see him play enough, but Dano doesn't get enough love on here. He's a very complete player and he's fiesty. He reminds me of Sobotka. Not the biggest guy, but always on the puck and very tough.

7 points in 37 games in the KHL, that's pretty good for an 18 year old kid.

For example, big Yaroslav Kosov had 7 points in 40 games, and he's older.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Duclair and Subban with our bottom 2 2nds is possible, I think Lazar will be gone before our 1st and Zykov is 50-50 to get to the Calgary pick.

Wasn't Zykov a big riser in the rankings? I thought I saw him @ 12 for the North American skaters.

I'd be happy if we drafted him with our first.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Wasn't Zykov a big riser in the rankings? I thought I saw him @ 12 for the North American skaters.

The Calgary pick will be 31-35. I expect him to go anywhere from 21-35. Russian factor could push him down.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That would be an ideal scenario, but I prefer TT using the top 4 picks for BPA unless it's a toss up, then you chose the better fit. Would hate to draft a guy early for need and miss out on a future all-star.
Yes, especially when we have no real weakness.(Apart from toughness in our forward group and Goaltending )

Zykov should go in the early teens IMO.

Might be because we don't see him play enough, but Dano doesn't get enough love on here. He's a very complete player and he's fiesty. He reminds me of Sobotka. Not the biggest guy, but always on the puck and very tough.

7 points in 37 games in the KHL, that's pretty good for an 18 year old kid.

For example, big Yaroslav Kosov had 7 points in 40 games, and he's older.

He does look good. Lack of exposure could let him slip to the late second/early third round, I hope we could take a flyer!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yes, especially when we have no real weakness.(Apart from toughness in our forward group and Goaltending )

Zykov should go in the early teens IMO.

He does look good. Lack of exposure could let him slip to the late second/early third round, I hope we could take a flyer!

The Russian factor can't be discounted though(Zykov). Plus from 20-40 there is a solid group that is pretty close.

Didn't Dano play at the WJHC? I remember noticing him there so that would get him a lot of exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad