2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You know I've been looking at some of drouins highlights on utube and hes really something. I'd never really seen him much before, I mean i'd heard all about him, but never saw him play that much. We shoulld make whoever an offer they can't refuse.He's gotta be hands down the best junior guy out there. I've seen mckinnon many times and drouins much better in my opinion. I'd sure like to end up with him on the habs.

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
You know I've been looking at some of drouins highlights on utube and hes really something. I'd never really seen him much before, I mean i'd heard all about him, but never saw him play that much. We shoulld make whoever an offer they can't refuse.He's gotta be hands down the best junior guy out there. I've seen mckinnon many times and drouins much better in my opinion. I'd sure like to end up with him on the habs.

Both fantastic players and would love to have either one.

How is it possible you've seen Mackinnon many times and only just now seeing Drouin on Youtube? They've been on the same Q team for almost 1.5 years and played at the Hlinka and WJC together too.

Either way the miracle required to obtain either would most likely involve atleast one of Pacioretty, Subban, Price or Galchenyuk so I don't see it happening.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Gauthier and Kostalek are on Sportsnet/TVA Sports tonight vs Moncton. Should be a really good game between 2 QMJHL powerhouses.

Morin is still hurt.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
4th rounders will not have an impact before 2015-2016, if ever.

Tell that to Shaw. Or even to Gally.

Gauthier and Kostalek are on Sportsnet/TVA Sports tonight vs Moncton. Should be a really good game between 2 QMJHL powerhouses.

Morin is still hurt.

I'll give it another shot and hope it's not another one like VS Chicoutimi. I'd love to see this kid be good, with the size he has.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. Keep an eye on that Garland kid on Moncton, heard very good things about him, although he's not available this year.

He has a good skill set, but really small and plays smaller. Gets knocked down 4-5 times a shift. Makes DD look like Byfuglien right now. He will need to get stronger and stronger on his skates to be a legit pro prospect.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
If we could take Antony Mantha or Valentin Zykov i would be happy players for the LHJMQ always fall back be cause of the lack of faith in this league by the nhl.

Mantha would be great for the habs he is pretty physical and got a good scoring touch.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If we could take Antony Mantha or Valentin Zykov i would be happy players for the LHJMQ always fall back be cause of the lack of faith in this league by the nhl.

Mantha would be great for the habs he is pretty physical and got a good scoring touch.

He's a AK copy... Hes physical when hes on his game and hes skilled when hes on his game.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He's a AK copy... Hes physical when hes on his game and hes skilled when hes on his game.

If you're talking about Mantha, he is much more smarter than AK. AK was more talented but he didn't always have the drive and his IQ was very low. Mantha is more complete than AK was at the same age. And he is a better puck distributor, he doesn't have the tunnel vision AK had. And he's not afraid to shoot when he has to.

Mantha has some issues too, but he's not comparable to AK. Nischuskin is.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you're talking about Mantha, he is much more smarter than AK. AK was more talented but he didn't always have the drive and his IQ was very low. Mantha is more complete than AK was at the same age. And he is a better puck distributor, he doesn't have the tunnel vision AK had. And he's not afraid to shoot when he has to.

Mantha has some issues too, but he's not comparable to AK. Nischuskin is.

AK tunnel vision is a big myth. They're similar. AK had more raw talent but I think Mantha could be the better contributor in defense. Both are alike because they're kind of floaters and boom they strike with a play

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He's also 16. But I've never seen him play, so I'll take your word for it.

Most guys that are 5'5" at 16 will be close to that at 19-20-21 etc. He may grow to 5'7" but the main thing right now is he needs to get stronger on his skates.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Watched Zach Nastasiuk last night. Yet again, he scored a goal in Barrie, he scored two actually. He has four goals in three games in his home town of Barrie this year. He's become quite the Colts killer.

Nastasiuk does a lot well. I'm paying a lot of attention to him, he's worth a mid-second rounder, possibly even could be taken higher. He's a good skater, with goods hands and has a good shot. Nastasiuk is a fantastic physical player, who likes to drive the net, he's a beast in the corners and on the cycle, and is possibly the best shot blocker in the OHL. He's very, very strong on the puck, I can't name more than five OHLers who are stronger on the puck than Nastasiuk. His numbers won't blow anyone away right now, but he impacts the game in so many ways.

With that said, he certainly does not have a whole lot of offensive upside. He's playing on the top line with one of the leagues best in Catenacci. Despite his work ethic and physical gifts, he's a fairly simple offensive player. Now, that's not necessarily bad, but he needs to heavily improve his foot speed and puck skills.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Watched Zach Nastasiuk last night. Yet again, he scored a goal in Barrie, he scored two actually. He has four goals in three games in his home town of Barrie this year. He's become quite the Colts killer.

Nastasiuk does a lot well. I'm paying a lot of attention to him, he's worth a mid-second rounder, possibly even could be taken higher. He's a good skater, with goods hands and has a good shot. Nastasiuk is a fantastic physical player, who likes to drive the net, he's a beast in the corners and on the cycle, and is possibly the best shot blocker in the OHL. He's very, very strong on the puck, I can't name more than five OHLers who are stronger on the puck than Nastasiuk. His numbers won't blow anyone away right now, but he impacts the game in so many ways.

Yup, he's a guy I have on my radar for the 2nd round. Loved him at the prospects game.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think I keep saying this from 2 years now so one day I will be right.....but we WILL pick a goalie or 2 in the upcoming draft. And keep a close look on Louis-Philippe Guindon from Drummondville. For whoever has Videotron, you can have a chance to see him and Olivier Archambault against Quebec on MATV.

Kurt Etchegary, Adam Erne and Nick Sorensen for Quebec to be watched for the upcoming draft.

Halifaxhab*

I think I keep saying this from 2 years now so one day I will be right.....but we WILL pick a goalie or 2 in the upcoming draft. And keep a close look on Louis-Philippe Guindon from Drummondville. For whoever has Videotron, you can have a chance to see him and Olivier Archambault against Quebec on MATV.

Kurt Etchegary, Adam Erne and Nick Sorensen for Quebec to be watched for the upcoming draft.

Do you still think so after the tokarski deal? I can see it with a 4th or late 3rd. There are some solid G out there in that range.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I wouldn't draft any of the Remparts guys. Well, I would if they fall, but there are better players available where they're expected to go.

I'd really like the team to take a gamble on a guy like Guindon or Brassard (Éric) in later rounds.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I wouldn't draft any of the Remparts guys. Well, I would if they fall, but there are better players available where they're expected to go.

I'd really like the team to take a gamble on a guy like Guindon or Brassard (Éric) in later rounds.

I'd take Sorensen if he falls to the late 2nd, but I agree none of them should be priorities.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Watching Fred Gauthier right now on Sportsnet and he's great defensively but I don't see much offence from him so far

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Watching Fred Gauthier right now on Sportsnet and he's great defensively but I don't see much offence from him so far

His offense is more in the mold of a Jordan Staal than say Toews or E.Staal. He's being used a lot against Jaskin who is a beast.

Habs_46

Mar 27, 2007
New-Brunswick
His offense is more in the mold of a Jordan Staal than say Toews or E.Staal. He's being used a lot against Jaskin who is a beast.

This !!

playing an amazing game defensively, very hard to get anything going playing against the most dominant line in the CHL, doing a solid job containing Jaskin...He's playing an amazing game so far.

As for Garland, saying he needs to get stronger is an understatement. if you give him time and space, he is very dangerous, but other than that he is VERY weak on his skates and even weaker on the puck. puck protection skills are almost non existent, however, he is very shifty and has excellent hands, has a long way to come to even be considered for the 2014 draft.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
This !!

playing an amazing game defensively, very hard to get anything going playing against the most dominant line in the CHL, doing a solid job containing Jaskin...He's playing an amazing game so far.

As for Garland, saying he needs to get stronger is an understatement. if you give him time and space, he is very dangerous, but other than that he is VERY weak on his skates and even weaker on the puck. puck protection skills are almost non existent, however, he is very shifty and has excellent hands, has a long way to come to even be considered for the 2014 draft.

that's pretty much what I said yersterday. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad