GDT: 2013 NHL Draft > June 30th 3PM ET > TSN/NHLN/NBCSN Part4 (Streams in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, I'm big on Myles Bell. Should definitely grab him with a 6th or 7th if he's there. There's 0 reason not too. He's talented.

Also huge on Mironov if we want to add a defenseman.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Yeah, I'm big on Myles Bell. Should definitely grab him with a 6th or 7th if he's there. There's 0 reason not too. He's talented.

Also huge on Mironov if we want to add a defenseman.

Bell has gone through 2 and a half drafts so far...I think he's got problems besides his talent. Obviously his DUI stuff but I think there's more. Otherwise he'd be picked.

Might as well invite him to camp at this point.

SlimDiggity

May 24, 2013
More on Crisp...

It's possible we could have gotten him in the 6th or 7th round, but I'm guessing there was interest from other teams and they didn't want to miss out on him.

As far as his skating and hockey IQ...

He's a big guy, but gets around the ice pretty well. I'm not a great judge of "elite" skating abilities, but I would say he's an above average skater for this size. And again, non-stop motor...

It's tough to say if he has the hockey IQ to be anything more than a bottom 6 guy, but he understands his role and plays it well in Erie. Habs did their homework on this guy, could turn out really well for us.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Just to add to Crisp(any relation to Terry?):

He had 9 goals 13 points in 10 games in December. For whatever reason he tore **** up before xmas then his production went into a major decline.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing he might have injured his hand or wrist in a fight some time in January and was playing hurt most of the year. If that's the case...

Terry is his uncle, apparently.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 2m

Bergevin bluntly stated #Habs goal today was to fill organizational need of size, character and toughness.
Expand Collapse

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:laugh: What did I tell you before....Boston WOULD get their huge d-man....Wiley Sherman to them. Though really really raw....

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 2m

Bergevin bluntly stated #Habs goal today was to fill organizational need of size, character and toughness.
Expand Collapse

Signs of a rookie GM, technically this is his first draft since last year he joined the team pretty late.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
More on Crisp...

It's possible we could have gotten him in the 6th or 7th round, but I'm guessing there was interest from other teams and they didn't want to miss out on him.

He's a big guy, but gets around the ice pretty well. I'm not a great judge of "elite" skating abilities, but I would say he's an above average skater for this size. And again, non-stop motor...

It's tough to say if he has the hockey IQ to be anything more than a bottom 6 guy, but he understands his role and plays it well in Erie. Habs did their homework on this guy, could turn out really well for us.

Thanks for your input, really appreciated to hear from someone who's actually seen him play. Makes me feel better about the pick for sure.

I bet Vancouver would have drafted him if we didn't. Damn I hate them :laugh:

Leo Getz

Sep 4, 2007
Just to add to Crisp(any relation to Terry?):

He had 9 goals 13 points in 10 games in December. For whatever reason he tore **** up before xmas then his production went into a major decline.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing he might have injured his hand or wrist in a fight some time in January and was playing hurt most of the year. If that's the case...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=89696

Has Terry as his Uncle

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
More on Crisp...

no but he can be a really effective bottom 6 if he develop well

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Bell has gone through 2 and a half drafts so far...I think he's got problems besides his talent. Obviously his DUI stuff but I think there's more. Otherwise he'd be picked.

Might as well invite him to camp at this point.
Too be fair, he had the DUI/death incident. And he was a defenseman.

This is his first draft as a forward. It's absolutely impressive what he did as a forward this year. He led his team in scoring by 21-points and it was his first year at forward. That's just crazy.

I see no reason to *not* waste a 7th on him.

As for Mironov, he's a fairly big defenseman who hits hard and plays a good defensive game. I'd love to take a shot on him, but his offensive game leaves something to be desired, so I'm not sure he'd ever get looked at.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Would be interested in Juuso Ikonen, Markus Søberg or Mattias Nørstebø with our last picks. Tiny Euro's, but I suppose that fits with well with the tiny chance of a 6th or 7th rounder actually making the NHL.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm growing on the draft honestly.

I didn't want Fucale but I also didn't think we'd even have a chance to get him at 36..so definitely the BPA and at a major organizational need.

McCarron is definitely a project...but he definitely has the tools to become a very solid player and he checks off a lot of issues we have had (puck protection, size, goes to the net and is intelligent in front of the net). If he goes to London (and you know they will push him that way...I like this even more)

DLR I have always liked. Has very comparable numbers to what Filip Forsberg's were in his draft year. I think he has the potential to be a very solid 2nd-3rd line guy.

Lehkonen..**** yes..this guy was a steal where we got him. Great offensive talent and is actually 6"0 tall (based off the pics from the combine). Really intelligent and if he adds some muscle, look out.

Crisp..I know it's hated and I didn't like it at first. However, considering the injury and how he improved on a **** team...and he does have some skills we lack in our system..I'm better with it. I know we could've gotten him later but maybe they see something really solid in him (Shaw-esque maybe).

Andrighetto..don't know a lot about him but small and skilled. Hopefully he has the drive Gally does. Regardless, interesting pick..I loved him at the WJC.

Reway..mostly the same as Andrighetto..few clips looks like he has some nasty hands.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Would be interested in Juuso Ikonen, Markus Søberg or Mattias Nørstebø with our last picks. Tiny Euro's, but I suppose that fits with well with the tiny chance of a 6th or 7th rounder actually making the NHL.
I like Norstebo and Soberg too.

My top-5 right now are

Soberg, Norstebo, Soberg, Bell, and Johnson.

EDIT: And Bell's gone. Damn. Ikonen gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->