GDT: 2013 NHL Draft > June 30th 3PM ET > TSN/NHLN/NBCSN Part4 (Streams in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
My thoughts on Crisp...

I'm from Erie and I got to see this kid play about ~8 times this year. He's got a non-stop motor, hits everything, fights everyone, and has some hands. He's basically a bigger Ryan Hartman, a few months older but plays for a TERRIBLE Erie team. They're on the rise though... watch his stats improve drastically again next year.

He was injured for his entire draft year, similar to Alex Galchenyuk. Hence why he was not drafted last year.

He's a gritty/character guy flying under the radar due to where he's playing. You notice him EVERY shift though. His ceiling, similar to Ryan Hartman, is a gritty third line agitator/shutdown type. Don't be too upset with this pick...

Thanks. How's his skating and hockey IQ?

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
I'm familiar(ish) with the top 30-40 players but after that, I don't know ****. I think most people here are like me but lots are pretending to be experts for some reason. Lame.

Same here. I think after the 40ish pick, haven't really known much about anyone, except for someone here and there :laugh:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
My thoughts on Crisp...

I'm from Erie and I got to see this kid play about ~8 times this year. He's got a non-stop motor, hits everything, fights everyone, and has some hands. He's basically a bigger Ryan Hartman, a few months older but plays for a TERRIBLE Erie team. They're on the rise though... watch his stats improve drastically again next year.

He was injured for his entire draft year, similar to Alex Galchenyuk. Hence why he was not drafted last year.

He's a gritty/character guy flying under the radar due to where he's playing. You notice him EVERY shift though. His ceiling, similar to Ryan Hartman, is a gritty third line agitator/shutdown type. Don't be too upset with this pick...

Thanks! someone with s omething of value to add.

Dec 2, 2010
My thoughts on Crisp...

I think we would've been okay with the pick in the 6th/7th round. Compared to the prospects picked after, he just didn't belong there.

68*

There's no way he makes the NHL
19_etchegarykurt_11122031.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, damn you buried that kid.

NSi

Mar 15, 2008
Montreal
My thoughts on Crisp...

Thanks for this

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Great pick by Vancouver with Cederholm. Really interesting round so far.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm familiar(ish) with the top 30-40 players but after that, I don't know ****. I think most people here are like me but lots are pretending to be experts for some reason. Lame.
Definitely a lot of people like that.

I'm more all over the board though. I know random players all over the place. There's some players in the Top-40 or 50 I don't even know.

I'd never even heard of Tyler Bertuzzi or Connor Crisp in my life before today. :laugh:

But I'm familiar with some guys who haven't went yet like Mironov and Bell.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Odd draft, but I'm excited about the upside of the Scandinavians. Both have done impressive things for their ages (May and July 95). I'm kind of happy they weren't able to trade into the top 10 to pick Morin.

cjbhab*

myles bell and jc lipon pls. more upside potential there than anything imo.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
:laugh:

Based on what? Give it time.

Based on the picks, we might get a couple of grinders in dlr and Mccarron, lehkonen is interesting. Fucale is definitely our best pick, but considering we had 3 2nd rounders we didn't need to pick mccaron with our first. I just don't see much upside in this draft.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Just to add to Crisp(any relation to Terry?):

He had 9 goals 13 points in 10 games in December. For whatever reason he tore **** up before xmas then his production went into a major decline.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing he might have injured his hand or wrist in a fight some time in January and was playing hurt most of the year. If that's the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad