2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion)- Offseason FA and trade talk Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You're also tacitly assuming they'll remain a floor team or close to it the next five years with the same $60 million payroll. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. If they do then yes the $11 million will become an issue.

btw Zajac is making $2.2 million UNDER his cap number next year, so that makes up a chunk of the difference for a season. I ain't getting into two and three years from now, finances/cap/other contracts could change that equation by then with the lack of players under contract after next year.

Speaking of contracts that aint looking so hot.

kiwidevil

Parise had plenty of time to try and run and lead this team and the best thing he ever did was score a goal in an Olympic game.

apice3*

Your attempt at sarcasism is dumb.Brodeur has a lot to show. ... What record, championship, league award, name on cup does Kovalchuk have to show for his massive salary? And that IS the point.

So what you're saying is you had no problem with Brian Rolston's contract a couple years ago because he was a Cup winner?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
TZ will absolutely bounce back. No doubt in my mind. 60+ pts next season...

Not to mention his contract hasn't even started yet.

Sure hope so. The downward trajectory we have seen over the last 3 years is a little scary given the contract that hasn't even started yet.

apice3*

Seriously though, I can't believe the Canadiens amnestied Scott Gomez. He has 2 Cups and a Calder to his name.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Parise had plenty of time to try and run and lead this team and the best thing he ever did was score a goal in an Olympic game.

You don't make that trade and what does this team look like? No elite forward. But yeah maybe the 1st rounder will become the next stud (or Corrente) and I'm sure Bergfors and Cormier would have been stellar on the Devils.

The Kovalchuk trade is a good one. You underestimate what Kovalchuk does for this team.

Exactly. These are the 2 arguments that should end the kerfuffle. Something obviously was not working right with this organization from 2004-2010 and there needed to be a splash made to switch things around. We won a whopping 2 playoff series' in 6 years and had veterans that overstayed there welcome. We needed new blood and a shakeup to get the stench out of the room so things could go into a different direction. Parise led us to 2 playoff series wins against a garbage Tampa team and Rangers team that had zilch left in the tank. Those were before he even became an elite player. He was apart of a couple historic collapses in late April.

If the Kovalchuk trade doesn't happen and Parise still leaves last summer then we would be beyond FUBAR. Who the hell would be scoring goals? Not to mention the marketing mess we would have.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I agree. Also, I thoroughly enjoy the fact that JP Parise is a fat ****. So much for his hockey player past.

his '70 card was a foreshadow of zach's game...... apple and tree kind of **** i guess

2680.jpg

draft tony brodeur lou

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sucks I missed most of this conversation by being off for quite a few hours. Why do I always miss out on fun stuff like this?

Anyway Kovy's contract sucks, he's ruining the organization, too many league penalty's because of his contract, too much spent in real dollars the next 5 years, it's gotta be Marty's fault.

Anyway like this guy would say

''If playing 1-3-1, Kovy will cut down on number of mistake and turnover. It will shelter burden of very bad contract that he have''

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Jim, thank you for providing some entertainment after a long day at work. The last few pages have been quite amusing to read through.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
TZ will absolutely bounce back. No doubt in my mind. 60+ pts next season...

Not to mention his contract hasn't even started yet.

Considering he's only averaged around .5 points per game career without Parise (injury then bolted for FA), I wouldn't exactly have "no doubt".

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
:laugh: wtf happened in here? I swear, every year like clockwork. we should start having an annual parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad