2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion)- Offseason FA and trade talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Unorthodox doesn't always mean good, but I know what you mean. Wedge doesn't play straight butterfly either, it's one of the reasons I want him to be the next long term Devils starter.

I don't get why it matters. Just stop the puck. I don't give a **** how you do it or how it looks.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Frazee if he was a better goalie would've been a lot of fun to watch at the NHL level, he had an unorthodox style (saw him in Albany a lot) sort of like khudobin

To make it in the NHL, a goalie of Frazee's size has to have above-average reflexes and superior mobility in the net. From what I've seen Frazee has neither. I really think the ony reason he was re-signed last year was so as not to put too much pressure on Kinkaid and Wedgewood.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Datsyuk is apparently the top seed. which is wierd cause he got nowhere near as many tweets as Marty last round. I guess alot of people are voting on the website.

apice3*

Obviously zajac is better defensively, but he had a stretch of a ton of games in which he was backchecking really really soft. I even remember RG talking about that ask him. I obviously know Zajac is better d wise than Lokti, but he wasnt better than him defensively for a large part of the shortened season.

Zajac was on the ice for something like 2 goals (even strength, PP, and PK combined.) in the first 15 games of the season. He then had a stretch where he was like -6 over 4 games and then was back to normal.

Im not sure why ZBC called loki an abomination defensively because hes really not a bad defender, but to even suggest he was better than zajac at any point last season aside from that 4 game stretch is just completely stupid, buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Any interest in trading with Vancouver as they apparently will be shaking things up?

I could see the Devils having interest in Hamhuis and/or Kesler and we
know they kicked the tires on Luongo.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
It's just a rumor but it has been out there in the media for more than a few months.

Don't buy it then, no one said Lou was in love with Luongo, just that they checked into his availability.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Lou: "Yo G, what's the deal with Luongo, can we get him on the cheap?"
Gillis: "We still want a lot of dope stuff, LL."
Lou: "Sheeeeet mayn, I ain't trying to get up in that."
Gillis: "Oh word, but make sure to holla at me if you want some of this Mason Raymond action, I know your forwards are beat as hell."
Lou: "Aight homie."

That's what "inquiring" or "having discussions" or "kicking the tires" means. It doesn't mean actual talks with serious offers.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Anyway, assuming that the Devils had some interest in Luongo, would anyone have interest in dealing with Vancouver while they're recovering from their wounds.

Something like:

To NJD:
Hamhuis
Kesler
Luongo

To VAN:
2013 #3
2014 #3
Boucher
Josefson
Urbom
Tallinder
Hedberg

Devils get a top D, a Top 6 fwd, and a transitional goalie. Their Top 6 would include Elias, Zajac, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Kesler, and Zubrus. If they amnesty Volchenkov, Hamhuis takes over as the top pairing defenseman. Luongo could back up Marty this year and then take over for a few seasons starting in 14-15. Let him play with one of the young goaltenders in the system backing him up and learning how to play in the NHL. Then when Wedgewood/Kinkaid/Clermont is ready to take over (and the NHL offers teams another amnesty), buyout the rest of Luongo's deal (he'll only be making a total of $7M his last 4 seasons) and free up the cap space. The Devils continue with their attempt to win now as opposed to waiting to see if these prospects pan out.

NJD would still have cap room to add another defender or top fwd through free agency if they want to. A trade of their first round pick for an established player isn't out of the question either.

Vancouver's interest is reliant on their desire to shake up the current group in order to reshuffle the deck after so many playoff disappointments. They'd be getting two draft picks, a potential top scoring fwd in Boucher, a mid-pairing defenseman in Urbom, a 2-3 line center in Josefson, a vet defender that they can amnesty if they want to, and a vet back-up goaltender. Not to mention a ton of cap room. Their defensive corps are already solid and can handle the loss of Hamhuis, not to mention the upside they add in Urbom.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Lebrun and Dreger both said last summer we kicked tires on Luongo.

I also remeber Dreger saying don't be shocked at all if it happened depending on what Brodeur did in UFA

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Anyway, assuming that the Devils had some interest in Luongo, would anyone have interest in dealing with Vancouver while they're recovering from their wounds.

Something like:

To NJD:
Hamhuis
Kesler
Luongo

To VAN:
2013 #3
2014 #3
Boucher
Josefson
Urbom
Tallinder
Hedberg

Devils get a top D, a Top 6 fwd, and a transitional goalie. Their Top 6 would include Elias, Zajac, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Kesler, and Zubrus. If they amnesty Volchenkov, Hamhuis takes over as the top pairing defenseman. Luongo could back up Marty this year and then take over for a few seasons starting in 14-15. Let him play with one of the young goaltenders in the system backing him up and learning how to play in the NHL. Then when Wedgewood/Kinkaid/Clermont is ready to take over (and the NHL offers teams another amnesty), buyout the rest of Luongo's deal (he'll only be making a total of $7M his last 4 seasons) and free up the cap space. The Devils continue with their attempt to win now as opposed to waiting to see if these prospects pan out.

NJD would still have cap room to add another defender or top fwd through free agency if they want to. A trade of their first round pick for an established player isn't out of the question either.

Vancouver's interest is reliant on their desire to shake up the current group in order to reshuffle the deck after so many playoff disappointments. They'd be getting two draft picks, a potential top scoring fwd in Boucher, a mid-pairing defenseman in Urbom, a 2-3 line center in Josefson, a vet defender that they can amnesty if they want to, and a vet back-up goaltender. Not to mention a ton of cap room. Their defensive corps are already solid and can handle the loss of Hamhuis, not to mention the upside they add in Urbom.

Throw in both Sedins and we have a deal.

Oh yeah, and include name tags so we know which is which.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have this feeling that Luongo gets amnestied. If not then they'll either give him away for next to nothing, or take back salary. Luongo if Marty retires after next year would be pretty good for us I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad