2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion)- Offseason FA and trade talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Anyone think Canucks might look to shake things up given a 2nd consecutive early exit?

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Anyone think Canucks might look to shake things up given a 2nd consecutive early exit?

Yes, and it starts with the coach. Then some players will follow him out via trades, FA and buyouts. Honestly, though, they have done with the goalies what we did with defensemen.

One too many. :laugh:

apice3*

I think the Canucks are sitting by the phone waiting for us to call right now.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
No one is going to want to deal with Radulov.

Well the odds of that statement being true are certainly very high, but I think that Kovy could be one of the few players that could get him over here, if his contract allowed it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think him and Nashville just didn't fit.

He ran into problems allegedly with Arnott his first go around and then obviously what happened with him and Kostitsyn.

I think the Devils may be able to turn him around with their "no ******** allowed" environment. They'd be hard on him, but maybe by the time his KHL contract is up, he may be a bit more mature. I'd love to see him in the NHL on the Devils.

One thing you have to consider. He can make like 9 or 10 million in Russia playing only like 48 games here while if he comes to North America, it's likely his contract is somewhere in the range of 3-4.5 million, maybe higher depending on the cap space a team has. He's going to have to earn his way up to that high salary, and he's probably not even going to get anything close to what he could get in Russia.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Radulov seems to be all about the Benjamins.....I think he is making like 9-10 mil tax free over there. And when he came back to Nashville I'm pretty sure he just wanted to see if a good stretch could allow him.to break the bank in the NHL.since he was.gonna be (and.is now) an RFA (I believe?)

apice3*

Well the odds of that statement being true are certainly very high, but I think that Kovy could be one of the few players that could get him over here, if his contract allowed it.

I think Kovy's ability to get Radulov here, which I believe is real, is negated and actually outweighed by Lou's unwillingness to deal with the clown show.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
I think Kovy's ability to get Radulov here, which I believe is real, is negated and actually outweighed by Lou's unwillingness to deal with the clown show.

See, I think too many people around here have pigeon-holed Lou. I hear a lot of "not a Lou type of move" when there is clearly no such thing.

There are however, Lou type players, but he has certainly brought in more than his fair share of "problem personalities" over the years.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Vignault will get fired I would bet

Luongo will get traded this summer for basically nothing

they cant keep doing this every year

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
"It's actually common sense.

It's either lack of money, lack of roster spots, lack of cap, or lack of an intelligent GM.

Vanderbeek has explicitly said money will not hold the Devils back. We have plenty of cap space. Our GM is a hall of famer.

Leaves one possibility. Unless you can provide me with another. Which I highly doubt."

When owners are pinching pennies, they don't come out and say they are pinching pennies.

apice3*

When owners are pinching pennies, they don't come out and say they are pinching pennies.

So then you're baselessly speculating and I'm not going to entertain that.

I'll believe the guy who just gave Zajac over 40 million dollars.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So then you're baselessly speculating and I'm not going to entertain that.

I'll believe the guy who just gave Zajac over 40 million dollars.

You're speculating as well guy.

And they were 10 mil below the cap this past season

apice3*

You're speculating as well guy.

And they were 10 mil below the cap this past season

My speculating is based off of facts. That's the difference.

What does being 10 mil below the cap have to do with anything? The cap was extremely high this year. Over half the league was 9+ million under the cap, guy.

I'm done arguing with you. You're not making any points. It's a waste of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad