2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
In comparison to goons, Janssen really isn't that bad. He's faster than most and he hits cleanly. He's not a moron in a sense that he's going to take stupid penalties. Usually he's only going to go to the box for post-whistle stuff.

He does sometimes take dumb penalties for late hits, but I agree, we don't see the stickwork penalties or especially the boarding calls that a lot of goons are known for.

DevilChuk*

I really don't get it anymore. Why not just demote Larrson to the AHL and let him get some more game experience? Better than making him sit on his ass this past week for the 1 day of practice (as the odd man out, nonetheless) with the big club.

Eventually, a trade will be made to make room for him. But why not let him play in the meantime?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I really don't get it anymore. Why not just demote Larrson to the AHL and let him get some more game experience? Better than making him sit on his ass this past week for the 1 day of practice (as the odd man out, nonetheless) with the big club.

Eventually, a trade will be made to make room for him. But why not let him play in the meantime?

Its been 2 games.

Also unlike most of the players he played 30 or something games in the AHL already he will be fine and he will get his time.

People are too worried about people sitting he is a pro hockey player, he will be fine.

DevilChuk*

Its been 2 games.

Also unlike most of the players he played 30 or something games in the AHL already he will be fine and he will get his time.

People are too worried about people sitting he is a pro hockey player, he will be fine.

I get it's been two games.. but why bother making him sit at all? The moment there is a trade, he's on the next flight back to NJ..

More game experience can't hurt and it can certainly help more than sitting in the press box every night can. It would be different if there were multiple days of practice here that he can participate in but with the shortened season, those days are pretty limited.

I'm figuring Lou has a trade pretty much lined up already (just waiting for both teams to officially pull the trigger) because if he was really going to wait until the 10 game mark, I think he wouldn't make Larsson sit around for three weeks.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

He could probably learn more from one practice with Scott Stevens then an AHL Game

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This team goes as far as Brodeur and the defense take them. This one wasn't pretty, but as long as the Devils find ways to keep putting on points until Henrique gets back or we get another forward, I'm happy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This team goes as far as Brodeur and the defense take them. This one wasn't pretty, but as long as the Devils find ways to keep putting on points until Henrique gets back or we get another forward, I'm happy.

It was always going to this year. We are going to live an die by grinding it out on the forecheck, getting opportunistic goals when we can (like tonight) and being solid both on D and in net. If Marty keeps this up with Adam coming back, we can go far.

Still would like a solid traid.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
Every once in a while I get reminded that there are some good hockey folk at ESPN. During the top 10 when they show a save by a goalie in soccer, Steve Levy chimes in with, "Brodeur makes that save". He's one of the good few still there.

apice3*

Steve Levy used to call hockey when it was on ESPN, I think. I know he called some KHL games this year. Kind of made a joke out of the whole thing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Steve Levy used to call hockey when it was on ESPN, I think. I know he called some KHL games this year. Kind of made a joke out of the whole thing.

Yup he did. He was usually on the second crew with Pang maybe? Where the first crew was Gary Thorne, and Bill Clement. Usually during the conference finals Thorne, and Clement would get one series, and Levy would get the other. He called our ECF against the Flyers in 2000 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad