2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Thought it was O'Donnell except for the year Terreri was drafted. Terreri was drafted in 83. O'Donnell just retired so no way he's that old. O'Donnell was also the answer to one of these last week too I believe.

I don't think he was.

I definitely did some other irrelevant defenseman though, Lou loves his trade deadline defenseman. :laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hahahaha.

On Ted Drury's wikipedia page it says:

He is the older brother of former NHL star, Chris Drury.

Former NHL star, that's classic.

apice3*

I think there's only like 10 players that have played for 8+ teams AND played in 1000+ games. Most journeyman aren't good/healthy enough to stick around for over 12 seasons.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is it funny that the Rangers two big UFA acquisitions in 2007 on July 1st have both been bought out? Then you got the 2008 big UFA Redden just bought out too. Watch out Gaborik!:laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think there's only like 10 players that have played for 8+ teams AND played in 1000+ games. Most journeyman aren't good/healthy enough to stick around for over 12 seasons.

McAmmond and Sillinger come to mind....

McAmmond played 996, but close enough. Sillinger played for 12 NHL teams. :amazed:

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Is it funny that the Rangers two big UFA acquisitions in 2007 on July 1st have both been bought out? Then you got the 2008 big UFA Redden just bought out too. Watch out Gaborik!:laugh:

I am thinking Gaborik gets traded this year for a Defenseman.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Wait, shouldnt we do another early GDT ??

We won the last game and we had an early GDT. We cant keep changing trends

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Who Am I? (Ex Devils player)

1. I played for six NHL teams.
2. I was traded out of New Jersey.
3. I led the NHL this goal category during one of my seasons in the NHL.
4. I was claimed off waivers from my second team.
5. I've never played in a Stanley Cup final.
6. I was drafted out of the OHL.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Impossible, the Rangers defense is the best in the league :sarcasm:

I went to the Devils/Panthers Game 3 and they lost. So I changed my outfit for Game 4, and I wore the same outfit until Game 1 of the SCF when they lost. They didn't lose in that outfit as I missed Game 3 of the ECF so they were like 6-0 in the outfit I wore.

I even put it on twice during the Flyers series and twice during the Rangers series when I was at home and the won both times. I didn't wash it until after Game 2 of the SCF.

So from April to June I never washed it out of superstition. :laugh:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Cam was actually decent Saturday, had a few nice hits and he set up Matteau with a nice pass in the slot...but but but, I dont want him in the lineup. :sarcasm:

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Does Cam actually have any puck possession? I just remember him running around. Kind of like the first game you play organized hockey, people know you will lose the puck so nobody passes to you and you just skate around never touching any puck.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Every now and then, he'll be on the receiving end of a nice pass-- he'll actually throw it on net, though. So there's at least that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dammit! You had me going through the 83 entry draft!:laugh:

Wasn't he the answer to one last week? I think it was Devs26 who did that one though.

Yeah I did that for the hell of it, I guess Zippy missed that one cause it didn't last very long lol

apice3*

In comparison to goons, Janssen really isn't that bad. He's faster than most and he hits cleanly. He's not a moron in a sense that he's going to take stupid penalties. Usually he's only going to go to the box for post-whistle stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->