2013 LMHF Game Report #3

Section337

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Hemsky has never done a good job of using his teammates. Yakupov is a shooter. If Hemsky chooses to dangle through 2 defenseman rather than move the puck, Yakupov isn't going to shoot. Hemsky is a contributing factor to Yakupov not generating offense at ES.

Right now the Oilers are Team Dangle. Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, and Yakupov all try to dangle multiple d-men 2 or 3 times a gaime.

HotToddy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Was at the game last night and rewatched it on PVR

The Gagner line was terrible, not good, not average, but terrible.

Out shot, out chanced, out hustled and for the most part little of it was Hemsky's fault.

They are essentially a line that can carry the puck and hopefully create chances on the counter attack.

But 5 games in they turn the puck over in bad places (a lot), have trouble taking the puck away and have shown zero interest in getting pucks deep and forechecking.

It's inconceivable that this line has any future.

And as fans we have to start asking what we want from the year, a playoff run or a perfect development situation for Yakupov

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Right now the Oilers are Team Dangle. Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, and Yakupov all try to dangle multiple d-men 2 or 3 times a gaime.

One of the things Gagner does exceptionally well in comparison is simply plot out where the open ice is and gain the line in that direction. As long as teammates aren't jumping offside he's one of the most effective forwards at gaining line and not losing puck. Because he keeps it simple and doesn't force plays or one on ones. Gain the line, get setup, then try hitting a pass.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Good report, i really do like reading these when i get a chance.

Just a question, why do you only do these for home games? Is it just because doing every game would be to much?

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
Good report, i really do like reading these when i get a chance.

Just a question, why do you only do these for home games? Is it just because doing every game would be to much?

Because he does the reports live. Meaning doing every game would be too much since he would be travelling with the team... that would be insanely awesome, but for an average joe - not that feasible.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Was at the game last night and rewatched it on PVR

The Gagner line was terrible, not good, not average, but terrible.

Out shot, out chanced, out hustled and for the most part little of it was Hemsky's fault.

They are essentially a line that can carry the puck and hopefully create chances on the counter attack.

But 5 games in they turn the puck over in bad places (a lot), have trouble taking the puck away and have shown zero interest in getting pucks deep and forechecking.

It's inconceivable that this line has any future.

And as fans we have to start asking what we want from the year, a playoff run or a perfect development situation for Yakupov

Yes, but Yak scored so its fine.

I thought they wernt getting off the ice without a minus in the first 30 seconds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->