2013 LMHF Game Report #3

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
EDMONTON 4

VS.

COLORADO 1
----------------

I know people love the dramatic victories and games with crazy endings or bizarre incidents. I get it. It also inspires some of the more interesting Game Reports. The thing is, I much prefer a game like tonight. I'm the kind of guy who wants to win the Cup in 4 games, not 7, and have a 6-0 lead going into the third period. I like to watch my hockey team win, win well, and win going away. I like to see players do what they're supposed to do. I like to see a team exhibit control of the pace and the puck. This type of hockey removes a lot of drama from the game...but I'm not there to see a play...I'm there to see hockey. Tonight we played hockey.

I accept that the crowds that attend these games are not full of hockey nuts who pride themselves on analyzing a game. This is one of the only reasons I'm able to have even the limited amount of tolerance I do for the people yelling SHOOT all the damn time. I'll spare you guys the annual rant for now. I will say however that it is very unsettling to hear people getting all agitated when we're busy dummying the Avs on the powerplay. These hockey players know you only need one shot to score. They know you're looking for a great chance. I'm very thankful that they remained patient almost the whole game tonight. It is a big reason why we came out on top.

We were also patient 5-on-5. I know this is a point of concern for a lot of people right now. The thing is, at least for tonight, we controlled the puck and dictated the pace save for about five shifts. The chances were there and we put good pucks to the net all night long. Constrast that with the Avs having to shoot from weak angles and the outside of the ice. There was a reason they looked impotent and were not drawing penalties as we were. When we play in this manner, we'll win games whether we score all our goals 5-on-5, or on the powerplay. The first line alone could probably have scored at least 5 tonight. While the fact that they didn't is not great, the thing is that they were controlling the puck, keeping it a LONG way from Dubnyk, and not getting frustrated.

When it came to how we scored the goale, they were beautiful plays to watch:

1. After a beautifully controlled powerplay, the Oilers get two forwards near the net (including Hemsky who I've always said should play down low and close to the net). A well executed, low and tippable shot comes in through a lane, a screen turns into a little bit of digging for the puck and then #83 pops his stick on a loose puck and we're in business. Good all-around goal.

2. Hall takes a nifty little pass from Whitney, makes another nifty play to Eberle who cuts in and rifles it home like only he knows how to do. They even bang in the rebound for good measure after the shot whips back out of the net. Perfect rush play made at that same angle we see so often from that line. They're just tremendous at making that forward play off the wall as opposed to the more common completely lateral play.

3. After another controlled series of plays. Hopkins makes a lovely read through the seam on a half-shot/half-pass to Hall, who tips it off Horcoff and in. Again we had patience, puck control, created a lane, got two guys towards then net including one down low and to the side, and they score. It isn't rocket surgery. That positioning + that skill equals goals all day long.

4. Brilliant effort by Sam Gagner to get to a loose puck and battle the Colorado defenceman to the ground. Yakupov flies in out of nowhere and makes absolutely no mistake on the empty net so that he comes out of an iffy night in the black. Well done.

Colorado was certainly lacking some players tonight and they did well on the shot clock, but aside from a few shifts they were not threatening and did not push us too hard. After the Avs scored their only goal we almost immediately responding by generating strong scoring chances. That's exactly what good teams do. If we continue the efforts we saw tonight for the most part, we're in the money most nights.
---------------

Dubnyk
- The goal he allowed was itself weak. He got caught defending his post badly and couldn't recover from an initial shot. Aside from that and a couple ugly rebounds, he was excellent. Definitely a bounce-back performance after the Calgary game. I just wish he could find a way to stop all the bouncing in the first place.

Whitney-Potter
- They were on for the only goal against and certainly guilty on that play. Whitney got caught a step away from the play and Potter got lost in the corner. It wasn't all on them and the play was a little awkward but they definitely could have handled it better. Whitney made a stronger effort tonight. He still struggled to get into position at times, but the nice play to Hall and a couple solid shots at the net served him well. He's not the dominator out there anymore, sadly, as tonight would've been the kind of night where he'd dish out a couple nasty hits in the past, but he did enough. Potter made some passes and generally had a quiet game. They don't really need him to jump in this year so on nights like this he certainly fades into the background. He did use his size fairly well to keep the Avs to the outside though.

Smid-Petry
- Plenty of physicality from Smid tonight and I'm noticing that he's improved the way he uses his size to separate guys from the puck when he can't land a big hit. There were a couple of specific plays in the third where he did this. For the most part he just kept things quiet which is pretty much his job. Petry got caught out of position a couple times and made an ill-advised pinch or two (including an awkward attempt to keep the puck in during the third period that nearly resulted in a dangerous rush) but aside from that it was a normal game from him. Lots of skating, solid positioning, good passes. This pair is pretty boring in a pretty great way when they play well.

N. Schultz-J. Schultz
- Justin didn't light up the scoreboard tonight, but was a steady presence on the powerplay once again. I've seen few guys able to go side to side and stop the puck so calmly as Schultz does. He also doesn't force shots or telegraph his passes. This is key as the Avs tried to be aggressive up top at times and were fooled by Schultz + the forwards most of the time. He managed to get in his usual couple drives to the net (which are so fluid and effortless they might as well be poetry) and unfortunately couldn't finish a really great chance he had, but if that's a fairly normal night for a rookie Schultz, we've done enormously well. Nick wasn't so smooth but didn't make any mistakes that cost the team. He threw a few errant passes and got caught out of position at times. He also left himself vulnerable to hits which is something you really have to watch against Colorado. They aren't the greatest forechecking team in the world tactically, but they do love to go for the big bomb every now and again. You have to watch your head. Same warning to Hemsky, Paajarvi and some others as well. Get an elbow up.

Paajarvi-Belanger-Hartikainen
- This line was a vast improvement over previous units and did some really nice things as a group. They drew penalties, protected the puck and forced the Avs to work hard in the defensive zone. Teemu needed a good game tonight and he delivered. His domain was the wall of the opposition's end, where he either controlled the puck or forced 2 additional Avs to come get it from him. Absolutely the way he needs to play the game and that was great to see. The crowd appreciated it too. Magnus drew a penalty with a nice little rush up the boards and cut to the net in the second. It was a shame Belanger couldn't score on this and a couple of other plays Magnus generated. He also managed to dodge a nasty hit that was headed his way and improve his board work as well. The only thing he was guilty of again was getting a little out of position at times and trying to skate too much. It will come with some line stability. I can't help but feel the Belanger we thought we were getting would have scored at least one tonight. He always seemed to be good for a greasy one on nights where his line played like this against us. Not so tonight despite a couple really nice chances. With that said, he skated hard and provided solid positioning support to his young linemates. Good enough. The 4th did their job tonight.

Smyth-Horcoff-Petrell
- These guys were better than they have been in that they were gaining the zone and directing some pucks toward the goalie while playing a fairly solid defensive game. In a sense that's all you need but they should be capable of more, especially after the competition they got from line 4 tonight. Smyth wasn't as far behind the play or away from his checks as last game, and he didn't make any goofy mistakes or take bad penalties. Error free is okay I suppose. I could do without the bad shooting and weak wraparound attempt when you have open teammates in the third period trying to close out a game though. Horcoff was okay. I do recall seeing him skating away from the puck as it headed toward the net, which was incredibly odd but I think that was on the PP. He just kind of ho-hum did his job 5-on-5. The thing is, he seems to have slowed down some and is not really getting in on the forecheck effectively. We need that from him. He might be more suited to playing with Paajarvi and Hartikainen actually, as they are puck retrieval and zone-gaining kind of guys while he could provide positioning support. We'll see how things shake out. Petrell was pretty silent and got pushed around a bit out there. I'm surprised he hasn't been tougher this year.

Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
- Both Sam and Ales were on and going tonight. It is unfortunate that they didn't generate more goals. I really liked how they bounced back from that unfortunate miss at the side of the net that Hemsky should have cashed (and has to cash) in the third by pressing really hard and getting another first rate chance where Hemsky completely dummied a Colorado defender and fed Gagner who had an open net and missed by half a step. That, thankfully, was one of the only times #89 was behind the play all night. He was really moving while at the same time staying in strong, supportive positions. He made good shooting/passing decisions and that was reflected in generating scoring chances. His extra effort to secure the empty net goal was the cherry on a very nice night for him. Hemsky scored a nice, fundamental goal, made some nice passes and went around a bunch of Avalanche defenders. If Yakupov would have had a better night, Hemsky sets him up for multiple goals with the moves he completed. Does this mean he didn't turn the puck over? Of course not. There is inherent risk in trying to beat a defender with a move at the top of the offensive zone. The thing is, if it works (and it did numerous times) your likelihood of a scoring chance is really high. Your team also has no excuse for not being in a supportive position at that stage and it should be fairly easy either for the trailing forward to scoop the puck (something the Oilers have never been good at but seem to be learning) or the defence ready to defend (as they haven't needed to join the rush yet). #83 worked hard and didn't get frustrated or impatient which is very important. Nail had a bit of an off night, losing his position at times and making a couple errant passes. He also did some nice things and unfortunately didn't get the puck enough in the offensive zone. But, Krueger sat him down then unleashed him when he had a chance to succeed and the kid did. Love #64.

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
- Their best game of the season so far. They controlled the play really well, drove Colorado backwards and generated a ton of chances. Hall did what he always does on his best nights: rather than blindly drive wide and fail in getting to the net, he started cutting in high in the zone and looking to pass. The man is a much better passer than he gives himself credit for. He also did well for himself when he got stick at the point on the powerplay. Sometimes this is a really awkward spot for Hall but tonight he made it look pretty easy. He drove the play and also played well positionally in terms of choosing when to drive the net, when to peel off and when to float looking for a chance. These aren't things he always does well but on the nights he does, we win. Eberle was just magic. Great shot for a lovely goal, several more chances and a beautiful passing display. You can't do it much better than he did and to only come out with one point was certainly a shame. Hopkins almost seemed to be outsmarting himself tonight. In the third a puck came towards his stick and his foot lept out at it. He had time to take his deadly wrister and instead backhanded the puck. He over-read a couple of the offensive zone plays that should have resulted in great scoring chances. He's so damn close to busting out with a five-point game where he looks completely unstoppable...I just hope I'm there to see it. Great decision on the Horcoff goal as previously noted. As a line, the thing I noticed most was how many touch plays these guys tried for tonight. You could tell they were feeling it when the little flick passes and timing plays started to show up. It was a pleasure to watch. They're going to do something ridiculous in short order.

-------------

I'm guessing there will be some who aren't as positive as I am about tonight's game. That's fine. I think what we saw though, was what we're used to having good teams do to us. We played well, didn't quite get the execution right, and allowed a bunch of bad shots. How many games do you remember going like that where were beaten by such teams? I remember a lot of nights seeing nothing but wristers into the chest from the goal line...I'm sick of them. This is so much better.

Gags89

Feb 15, 2009
I think you're bang on with the analysis. I thought the 4th line had a really solid game. It was easily Hartikainen's best of the season. Paajarvi was flying at times out there.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I'm guessing there will be some who aren't as positive as I am about tonight's game. That's fine. I think what we saw though, was what we're used to having good teams do to us. We played well, didn't quite get the execution right, and allowed a bunch of bad shots. How many games do you remember going like that where were beaten by such teams? I remember a lot of nights seeing nothing but wristers into the chest from the goal line...I'm sick of them. This is so much better.

Too many, I don't know if it's Kruger or the kids maturing (probably both) but seeing the team attack on a few of different levels was great.
Brought a friend to the game tonight who is a Detroit fan, this was his first time seeing Harski and he was blown away by his play. Hopefully the coaching staff can find a way to get him some more PP minutes.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I love these reports. Like everybody else, I do enjoy the last minute dramatics in games but I really like to see more of what we've seen tonight. I think your spot on and its a wonder that any oilerfan can find something to be mad about in a game that we've won. I'm really happy that there are fans out there with good heads on their shoulders and appreciate the simplicity of a win.
Your work is awesome, thanks for keeping up with it.

McHandsomeDoc

Jul 28, 2006
Edmonton
I wouldn't mind them looking for that Sedin tip play on the PP some more after this game - The Nuge is obviously the kind of player who should be able to set it up, as wells as Shultz Junior, and Hall was lurking around in that high slot for most of that PP before they scored. I hope they try it again, as I haven't been a huge fan of how there setup has been looking so far. Of course, the PP has been lights out as far as getting goals so I suppose I can't really complain...

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
It is refreshing to read your reports.

Also interesting to notice the stark difference between your observations of the second line and those in the GDT whom think that the 2nd line is downright horrible, has no chemistry and is being dragged down by #83.

I think I tend to side with your assessment.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
LMHF

As far as your reviews I'm noting that for whatever reason we're more on the same page this year. Not sure if its you, or I, that have made adjustments.:D

As far as the game itself yes, its a performance more like what we want to see but its another in a series of games in which the club doesn't produce anything at evens. They look sick on the PP, sure, but I just can't see that being a continued recipe for success indefinitely. I think the PP will have some regular contribution and that our PP stats will be among best in league but how many goals/night can one legitimately expect to be maintained?

I think the win tonight was also due to a depleted Av's squad. I still have the feeling if this effort was against the Flames on Saturday we still lose. Its not a complete game I'm seeing yet although all the lines made some progress in doing their part. The 3rd was bad though and really lost our plan in that period. Av's came close multiple times to getting the 2nd goal which wouldv'e added some trauma.

Improvement, but far from where we need to be. Theres not enough Avalanche in the league and clearly we were playing an also ran team tonight. I don't expect the Av's to do much at all this year.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Gotta agree with Replacement.

The Oilers played OK to good but it was really a case of how badly Col played and how they have so many of thier key players out of the line up.

If that was San Hose we would of lost 6-3 again and maybe then some.

Aves had many chances from decent scoring areas. Dub seemed lost the first two periods and didn't smother a single rebound. They had no finish tho. Lots of shots in the logo. And of course he let in another incredibly soft goal to show you how his head is just not in the game completely.

Having said that, the Oiler's got the win. Looked good in many ways while doing it. Hopefuly they can keep improving.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Colorado was certainly lacking some players tonight and they did well on the shot clock, but aside from a few shifts they were not threatening and did not push us too hard. After the Avs scored their only goal we almost immediately responding by generating strong scoring chances. That's exactly what good teams do.

It wasn't just a few shifts, Colorado dominated for a good 10 minute stretch and continued to create chances after the goal. The Oilers were lucky that Dubnyk was good Dubnyk and there were some lucky bounces that went just wide or rebounds that were just out of the reach of the Colorado forwards. The Oilers still haven't learned how to play with a lead as was the case last season, they need to stop playing so passive with the lead and keep attacking. The personnel isn't made for grinding out wins. Hopefully the team learns.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
LMHF

As far as your reviews I'm noting that for whatever reason we're more on the same page this year. Not sure if its you, or I, that have made adjustments.:D

As far as the game itself yes, its a performance more like what we want to see but its another in a series of games in which the club doesn't produce anything at evens. They look sick on the PP, sure, but I just can't see that being a continued recipe for success indefinitely. I think the PP will have some regular contribution and that our PP stats will be among best in league but how many goals/night can one legitimately expect to be maintained?

I think the win tonight was also due to a depleted Av's squad. I still have the feeling if this effort was against the Flames on Saturday we still lose. Its not a complete game I'm seeing yet although all the lines made some progress in doing their part. The 3rd was bad though and really lost our plan in that period. Av's came close multiple times to getting the 2nd goal which wouldv'e added some trauma.

Improvement, but far from where we need to be. Theres not enough Avalanche in the league and clearly we were playing an also ran team tonight. I don't expect the Av's to do much at all this year.

Sure they do. They produce PP opportunities! :)

Good report as usual LMHF.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Getting out to a lead early and adding to it changes the way this team plays. It was the same story last year. Not having to chase the play and get back into the game allowed Kreuger to roll his lines more, which, in turn, allowed our 4th line the opportunity to play the way they did.

Games where we go down early, especially if we go down a couple, can get ugly in a hurry. But there's a real flipside to that too, because when they go up early they start playing with more confidence, they can be a force.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I thought Hemsky was god awful last night. Giving the puck up again at the offensive blue line. Just terrible on the back check almost non existent. Not using Yakupov at all to the point of not passing to him on the fast break or trying to get some chemistry going with the one timer.

A waste on the PP for the most part only becoming useful the closer to the net he got. You would think he would realize that and start to do that more but nope back to the half boards playing catch with whoever is around.

I never thought I would say this but thank god for Gagner. His defensive play is really making up for Hemsky lack of defensive play.

Yakupov looks poor on that line simply from his own confusion at his linemates play or in this case Hemsky's play. At times you can see him break from the zone going full speed expecting to get a pass like RNH/Eberle would give to Hall going full speed but NOPE. So he starts to swing over a puck support expecting a nice drop pass for a one timer but NOPE. Right now he has no idea what to do unless Gags has the puck.

Hemsky needs to get his **** together or he will be on the first bus out of town come trade deadline

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I thought Hemsky was god awful last night. Giving the puck up again at the offensive blue line. Just terrible on the back check almost non existent. Not using Yakupov at all to the point of not passing to him on the fast break or trying to get some chemistry going with the one timer.

A waste on the PP for the most part only becoming useful the closer to the net he got. You would think he would realize that and start to do that more but nope back to the half boards playing catch with whoever is around.

I never thought I would say this but thank god for Gagner. His defensive play is really making up for Hemsky lack of defensive play.

Yakupov looks poor on that line simply from his own confusion at his linemates play or in this case Hemsky's play. At times you can see him break from the zone going full speed expecting to get a pass like RNH/Eberle would give to Hall going full speed but NOPE. So he starts to swing over a puck support expecting a nice drop pass for a one timer but NOPE. Right now he has no idea what to do unless Gags has the puck.

Hemsky needs to get his **** together or he will be on the first bus out of town come trade deadline

Great summary of the case against Ales. It's great that he's scoring but he's doing terrible things to Gagner's and Yakupov's games.

If someone offered a first round pick for him tomorrow I'd jump at it.

Matt Ryan

Falcons Rise Up
Oct 4, 2011
San Francisco

So much misguided anger...even after a win

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town

I have to ask: TV or live? I'm inclined to believe it makes a big difference after reading the post game thread.

As for the plays at the opposition blue line, you'll notice I got into that. People don't see all that's going on there.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
LMHF

I'm guessing we've both evolved. Natural part of the progression. That, and what's going on during these games has largely made sense this year...we're not guessing at "what in the damn hell is going on?!?!?!"

What I saw was a team that could have scored a bunch of goals last night. Especially the first line. That gave us a large margin for error and despite the fact that we didn't execute at a particularly high level, we won. Nothing wrong with building that margin for yourself.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
It wasn't just a few shifts, Colorado dominated for a good 10 minute stretch and continued to create chances after the goal. The Oilers were lucky that Dubnyk was good Dubnyk and there were some lucky bounces that went just wide or rebounds that were just out of the reach of the Colorado forwards. The Oilers still haven't learned how to play with a lead as was the case last season, they need to stop playing so passive with the lead and keep attacking. The personnel isn't made for grinding out wins. Hopefully the team learns.

It seemed longer than it actually lasted. The contrast was so stark because we'd had them shut down during the first two periods.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I have to ask: TV or live? I'm inclined to believe it makes a big difference after reading the post game thread.

As for the plays at the opposition blue line, you'll notice I got into that. People don't see all that's going on there.

TV.

I am saying Hemsky can't be effective but for whatever reason he isn't as effective as you would like to see.

Maybe it is due to indifference or lack of a training camp. The guy has all world talent but maybe lacks the brains to really elevate those around him

I don't know I just don't see a guy whom the Oilers are going to rely on going forward. He seems like likely trade bait.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
One thing I took away from the game is the team behavior after getting scored on.

Colorado turned it up and the Oilers bent for sure in their own zone. You could see the panic in the defense's game after that. The shot around the boards works when you don't do it every bloody time. The Colorado D or winger was racing to that spot for a nice juicy pass. I hate that play. They get so worked up they stop using their vision and just instinctively start whipping it around the boards like crazy. It hurts them more than helps. The minute the other team knows what you're going to do it's 5 times hard to complete a play.

Now that being said. During that stretch when the Oilers did get it out of their zone. They fought back pretty good getting pressure and scoring chances back in Colorado's zone. This team would normaly get it out.. then let it back in immediately. This was a bit of a change.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
The Hemsky analysis is literally bi-polar.

I think he played a pretty good game. A few turnovers through the neutral zone and a few fan passes, but overall he was solid and flying out there. Looks like he's getting his legs back and his hands will soon follow.

I have no idea how someone can say he was "downright awful" tonight. It really amazes me what this player needs to do to win back some fans.

You have to realize that Hemsky is the main puck handler and he's the main outlet for defensive passes. This is the reason he gets into trouble. With all the errant passes to streaking wingers and players that are learning to play together, this is what happens.

nuff said. You Hemsky haters should really look at other pressing needs. Such as our veteran line of Smyth and Horcoff, or Petry's 3 game in a row where he's been a defensive hole.

btw, excellent job OP as per usual.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
TV.

I am saying Hemsky can't be effective but for whatever reason he isn't as effective as you would like to see.

Maybe it is due to indifference or lack of a training camp. The guy has all world talent but maybe lacks the brains to really elevate those around him

I don't know I just don't see a guy whom the Oilers are going to rely on going forward. He seems like likely trade bait.

Many of the things you referred to in your previous post would be negated had you seen the game live and gotten the whole ice picture rather than the TV. Especially when it comes to defensive efforts and positioning.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
The Hemsky analysis is literally bi-polar.

I think he played a pretty good game. A few turnovers through the neutral zone and a few fan passes, but overall he was solid and flying out there. Looks like he's getting his legs back and his hands will soon follow.

I have no idea how someone can say he was "downright awful" tonight. It really amazes me what this player needs to do to win back some fans.

You have to realize that Hemsky is the main puck handler and he's the main outlet for defensive passes. This is the reason he gets into trouble. With all the errant passes to streaking wingers and players that are learning to play together, this is what happens.

nuff said. You Hemsky haters should really look at other pressing needs. Such as our veteran line of Smyth and Horcoff, or Petry's 3 game in a row where he's been a defensive hole.

btw, excellent job OP as per usual.

There's always going to be conflict. It is mainly stylistic. The same people that think Hemsky is a "turnover machine" don't believe that Hall is and it is entirely due to style. I tried to get into some of it in my analysis of the Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky line but that doesn't always get through.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005

I completely disagree with this. Hemsky wasn't great last night but to say that Hemsky is dragging Yakupov down is crazy.

Right now Yakupov is a total disaster in his own zone. His decision making is totally different than his teammates he rifles 100 mph cross ice passes, and he almost always tries to make the highest risk play.

Yakupov is an all world talent and he will be a very good player soon, but right now he's just way too unpredictable. Krueger benched him in the third for a reason.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
Yakupov is an all world talent and he will be a very good player soon, but right now he's just way too unpredictable. Krueger benched him in the third for a reason.

If I were Krueger, I would tell him he has a very simple set of jobs: fly the zone to create stretch pass chances as both #89 and 83 can get him the puck, get open at the top of the circle and the slot for shots and stay there as long as you can, and drive the middle when you get the puck and enter the zone. Three simple things he can do and be effective.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I am not saying he is dragging Yakupov down but he certainly isn't utilizing him like he should but I think one of Hemsky's faults for his career is not using his team mates and holding on to the puck far too long

Krueger benched a rookie in the 3rd wow what a shocker.

Yes I agree you can see things live that you can't on TV but let's not kid ourselves Hemsky has never been a great off the puck player and from the glimpses I have seen he hasn't suddenly become better.

The fact is he will be judged mostly with the puck since he is expected to be an offensive player and I counted 8 times last night he lost the puck at the offensive blue line.

I am not going to argue too much about this because some people seem to think he is playing fantastic while some of us are clearly on the other end. Time will tell what the team thinks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->