Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This weekend?

Zibanejad - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Da Costa - Silfverberg
Daugavins - Smith - Neil
??? - O'Brien - Condra

When Michalek gets back switch him and Greening, and then put Greening with Smith and Daug with O'Brien.

i guess the ??? will be one of dd or grant if michalek can't go. maybe even both draw in and daug sits.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
we had all three before the lockout :cry:

we have to try to get michalek going (when he gets back)

zibby - turris - alfie
michalek - da costa - condra
greening - smith - neil
k-daug - o'brien - silf

hard to put silf on that line, but at least he won't be playing against top defense units. michalek gets two guys with vision that can get him the puck. k-daug has skills, but his puck handling has been awful. if he manages to settle that puck, he has two guys that can shoot there for him.

Our skill is obviously down, but we should be able to 'survive' with depth and goal-tending.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I would try and keep these duos together
Dacosta-Silfverberg
Zibanejad-Alfredsson
Turris-Condra

I'd also put dd and grant in and take out daugy, as unlikely as that is

obviously i like what is happening:handclap:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Zibanejad-Da Costa-Alfredsson
Condra-Turris-Silfverberg
Daugavins-Smith-Neil
Dziurzynski-Grant-O'Brien

Methot-Gryba
Lundin-Gonchar
Phillips-Wiercioch

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
LOL Based on the line up in practice today's boys...tomorrow we will be suiting up with a roster with a cap hit of $33,530,000 and $21,898,333 in injuries. Eeek

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8557/lineup2.jpg

hmmm didn't think about that

How are we going to reach the salary cap FLOOR?

We're at about 53.5 right now but the cap floor is at 54.2

We're already below and it will only get worse as guys like Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek miss games.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

We're already below and it will only get worse as guys like Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek miss games.

LTIR cap remains, just allows you to use that money towards a new player to replace the injured one.

The rules on LTIR are funny, even if Regin was ready to go tomorrow, because he was placed on LTIR he has to wait until Wednesday I believe.

with 20m being covered by insurance, I understand why Melnyk said that money was not an issue.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

The injured players still count towards the cap.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Make a deal for Tyutin and Prospal....something based around Bishop+ Puempel+ 2nd in 2014

Could roll with something like this until Spezza comes back:

Michalek-Turris-Silfverberg
Prospal-Da Costa-Alfie
Greening/Regin/Daug/Latendresse-Smith-Neil
Zibanejad-O'Brien-Condra

Methot-Gonchar
Lundin-Tyutin
Phillips-Weircioch/Benoit

Andy
Lehner

....wishful thinking...I know.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Can we just stop trading our 2nd round picks? Just because they aren't first round picks does not mean we should just unload them. Not that the returns have not been good but, I don't want to get back into a John Muckler farm system situation. We were all quite excited about our depth earlier and we saw how quickly injuries made that crumble.

Besides, here's the second rounders in the Murray era :

Wiercioch
Silfverberg
Lehner
Prince

I'd personally like to see what else he can make happen.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Can we just stop trading our 2nd round picks? Just because they aren't first round picks does not mean we should just unload them. Not that the returns have not been good but, I don't want to get back into a John Muckler farm system situation. We were all quite excited about our depth earlier and we saw how quickly injuries made that crumble.

Besides, here's the second rounders in the Murray era :

Wiercioch
Silfverberg
Lehner
Prince

I'd personally like to see what else he can make happen.

Not to mention this is a very, very strong draft.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah it's too bad our 2nd is gone. St Louis must be rejoicing. Some of the talent in the early second round is going to be outstanding like 2011 and 2008.

With any luck we'll recover one or two at deadline if things go south. Gonchar and Bishop's value should be in that ball park.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Just for fun, I decided to compare the Sens current roster to the Binghamton team that won the Calder Cup 2 years ago.

Bolded players were on the B-Sens when they won the Calder. Guys in italics were in/soon to be in the farm system, but weren't on the AHL team.

Daugavins-Smith-Neil
Greening

Gonchar-Lundin
Methot-Gryba
Phillips-Wiercioch
Benoit-Borowiecki

Looking at this lineup, I get the feeling the rest of the season's going to be very interesting. And depressing.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just for fun, I decided to compare the Sens current roster to the Binghamton team that won the Calder Cup 2 years ago.

Bolded players were on the B-Sens when they won the Calder. Guys in italics were in/soon to be in the farm system, but weren't on the AHL team.

Daugavins-Smith-Neil
Greening

Gonchar-Lundin
Methot-Gryba
Phillips-Wiercioch
Benoit-Borowiecki

Looking at this lineup, I get the feeling the rest of the season's going to be very interesting. And depressing.

IF you were expecting the Cup this year, I understand.

From my point of view, this is really good news. Injuries still suck but the fact that we are "manufacturing" so many NHL players is really encouraging and tesitify that our scouting, drafting and development programs are awesome.

I consider NHL players from now on (started last year) :

Mika Zibanejad
Jakob Silfverberg
Stephane Da Costa
Patrick Wiercioch
Erik Condra
Zack Smith
Jim O'Brien
Colin Greening

And soon Derek Grant :yo:

Remains to be seen :

Eric Gryba
Mark Borowiecki
David Dziurzynski

Daugavins and Benoit are stop gaps IMO. Won't be NHL players for long (but who knows? Derek Smith is in the NHL now)

Damn, Alfie, Neil, and Phillips the only ones on our roster 3 years ago.

They weren't kidding about a rebuild.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Been quite pleased with the play of our young Dmen so far. Methot is becoming quite a stud. Benoit has been solid and Wiercioch has found his shot lately. Good signs. Gryba has not looked out of place at all and adds some toughness. We know what Borowiecki can bring when he's back. Wikstrand, Claesson and Ceci will come to Camp to show their stuff and we' have Karlsson and Cowen back to make this quite an interesting picture next season.

I think Lundin will move on, Gonchar traded and Phillips will be the big decision.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Wiercioch
Benoit - Gryba
Borowiecki

Bingo gets Ceci, Claesson and Wikstrand and possibly Borowiecki if Phillips stays. They should also get Sdao into the mix with Wideman and Blood and keep Eckford, so they should be fine as well.

And who knows what the draft or a trade will bring.

The more I think on it, Phillips will be pushed hard next year. I see in him a loss of foot-speed and decision making the way I saw it ebb away with Redden. He has nothing to prove as to where his heart is, and his leadership is great, but his window is closiing here now.

Given our three goalies (doubt we have them all in September) and deep forward group (when the injuries are done) this will be a strong unit next year.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I could see phillips as a 7th defenceman next year staying around in a leadership/mentor role and filling in when needed. I love philly, always have, but even I have to admit that he is seriously declining. I know hed sooner retire than continue playing anywhere other than ottawa. He obviously set himself up for retirement with the big rig

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Been quite pleased with the play of our young Dmen so far. Methot is becoming quite a stud. Benoit has been solid and Wiercioch has found his shot lately. Good signs. Gryba has not looked out of place at all and adds some toughness. We know what Borowiecki can bring when he's back. Wikstrand, Claesson and Ceci will come to Camp to show their stuff and we' have Karlsson and Cowen back to make this quite an interesting picture next season.

I think Lundin will move on, Gonchar traded and Phillips will be the big decision.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Wiercioch
Benoit - Gryba
Borowiecki

Bingo gets Ceci, Claesson and Wikstrand and possibly Borowiecki if Phillips stays. They should also get Sdao into the mix with Wideman and Blood and keep Eckford, so they should be fine as well.

The more I think on it, Phillips will be pushed hard next year. I see in him a loss of foot-speed and decision making the way I saw it ebb away with Redden. He has nothing to prove as to where his heart is, and his leadership is great, but his window is closiing here now.

Given our three goalies (doubt we have them all in September) and deep forward group (when the injuries are done) this will be a strong unit next year.

Nice post,

I see Phillips taking Benoit's spot.

The only question I have will be can Weircioch play RD in the top 4(I have my doubts)

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Wiercioch
Benoit - Gryba
Borowiecki

Please no Eckford next year, I can't stand watching as it is. I'd rather get Benoit back to tudor the young guns like he was early on. The need a veteran presence next year. Eckford is not the answer.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I doubt Benoit goes back to the AHL next year. I'd be willing to bet he gets an NHL deal from a club looking for a solid bottom pairing PMD.

I wouldn't mind retaining him for another year to mentor guys like Wiercioch, Gryba and Borowiecki as they all look to make the transition to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->