Oct 10, 2012
Carry on with Speculation ...

No Kidding.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Kessel
??? - Kadri - Frattin
Kulemin - Colborne - Biggs
Ross - McClement - Komarov

That would be nice :nod:

except you can't have kessel in that lineup because you apparently traded him for a 1st...

Last edited by a moderator:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Nothing that would help us more than Kessel.

IMO Kessel could fetch something like Strome, decent prospect, 2nd.

Not sure if Strome is any better than what we have in Kadri though.

He'll fetch something in between what Carter and Richards fetched.

Except he's better, and younger, than both.. so no, he won't.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Except he's better, and younger, than both.. so no, he won't.

Richards fetched Schenn, Simmonds and a 2nd.

I'd say that is comparable to what Kessel could fetch.

Mike Richards has had an 80 point season recently, was good in the Flyers run and is a center.

Kessel isn't going to fetch what we gave up, but he'd fetch a great return.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Richards fetched Schenn, Simmonds and a 2nd.

I'd say that is comparable to what Kessel could fetch.

Mike Richards has had an 80 point season recently, was good in the Flyers run and is a center.

Kessel isn't going to fetch what we gave up, but he'd fetch a great return.

Kessel would absolutely return 2 1sts and a 2nd round pick ... Kessel is still better than Richards, who was surrounded by good talent and producing well.

Kessel should start with a top prospect (Schenn, 5th overall), a top-6 potential young forward (Simmonds, Voracek, etc), plus either another 1st, or a legit prospect, or roster player, or both, depending on the quality of each.

IMO the only reason why Howsen didn't get more for Nash is because he had to trade him, he screwed himself. Not to mention Nash's declining statistics.

If we trade Kessel, we do it this season, while he still has at least a year left on contract, and we do it behind the curtain, so when it is announced it is unexpected. This way Nonis won't screw himself by souring a relationship with a player and being forced into moving him, and we get a good return for him.

The Richards trade was a perfect example of a win/win - Philly's happy with Schenn and Simmonds, and LA won a cup.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Kessel to Nashville
for
Wilson + 1st + 2nd

Grabovski + Franson to Vancouver
for
1st + Kassian + Ballard

MacArthur + D'amigo to Whoever
for
2nd + 5th

1st(25-30) + 1st(15-20) + 2nd (40+)
for
1st (top 5) + 3rd

-----
1st overall Mackinnon
4th overall Drouin

Kassian(size being the reason)-Mackinnon-Drouin
Lupul-Kadri-Jvr
Kulemin-Wilson-Frattin/Komarov
Brown-Mcclement-Biggs/Devane/Broll

Asif16*

Lets get Bieksa and Luongo in the same trade. Bozak, MacArthur Cody Franson and future pick for Lungo and Bieksa!! Lol. Sorry im not good at proposing trades. I know it sucks lol

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Kessel to Nashville
for
Wilson + 1st + 2nd

Grabovski + Franson to Vancouver
for
1st + Kassian + Ballard

MacArthur + D'amigo to Whoever
for
2nd + 5th

1st(25-30) + 1st(15-20) + 2nd (40+)
for
1st (top 5) + 3rd

-----
1st overall Mackinnon
4th overall Drouin

Kassian(size being the reason)-Mackinnon-Drouin
Lupul-Kadri-Jvr
Kulemin-Wilson-Frattin/Komarov
Brown-Mcclement-Biggs/Devane/Broll

You are undervaluing Kessel, Macarthur and D'Amigo here. Why would we just give Macarthur & D'amigo away for a 2nd and 5th? What good does that do for us?

And Kessel, why trade him for a player with similar to less value than Voracek and/or Simmonds, plus less than what Philly got for Richards? Makes no sense.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
When he starts heating up along with his defensive acumen being rectified under Carlyle people will realize there is more to this man.

Kessels offensive skill, combined with a defensive acumen perfected by Carlyle will result in Kessel being one of the most deadly players in the league. Anyone remember Markus Naslund? :naughty:

SnipeCheeseAllDay

Jan 16, 2007
Toronto
Lol @ trading Kessel. Sure, let's trade one of the best forwards in the league (who's also very young) for unproven prospects. That will solve all our problems!

Anyway, I think we should be aiming at Duchene, O'Reilly or Getzlaf right now. We have an abundance of NHL ready dmen and a couple nice pieces we can add.

A package of any of:
Kadri/Bozak/MacArthur/Grabovski/Colborne/Blacker/Franson/Holzer/Gunnarsson

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So, now might be the time to strike for one of Phili's young forwards. Their D-corps is hurting bad now. Maybe just maybe B. Schenn or Couts could be had.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
So, now might be the time to strike for one of Phili's young forwards. Their D-corps is hurting bad now. Maybe just maybe B. Schenn or Couts could be had.

I don't see them trading Schenn with his bro there.

Also, I don't see them trading Couts since he's their best defensive forward

Maybe Holzer for a 2nd? I'd love to get Ghost from them if that was possible.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
I don't see them trading Schenn with his bro there.

Also, I don't see them trading Couts since he's their best defensive forward

Maybe Holzer for a 2nd? I'd love to get Ghost from them if that was possible.

Laughton looks like the next Couturier for them lol. It would cost us Gardiner I'd think, which I would do. Couturier will be a #1C in his near future.

Who is Ghost?

Leafsforlife98

Nov 2, 2011
Leafs are not that far away......

The Leafs do have a lot of pieces going forward are in need of only 3 real pieces to be a complete team. YES, a couple of pieces are BIG and are hard to get, but it is a process. It may take a couple of years to accomplish those goals. Since most of our team is young, then taking a couple of years is fine.

Going Forward into next year

Joffery Lupul-Hole #1-Phil Kessel
James van Reimsdyk-Nazem Kadri-Matt Frattin
Nikolai Kulemin-Hole #2-Leo Komarov
Mike Brown-Jay McClement-Colton Orr

Morgan Rielly-Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner-Carl Gunnarsson
Jonh Micheal Liles-Korbinian Holzer

Hole #3-James Reimer

That leaves as the chips to fill these 3 holes going forward.

Mikhail Grabovski- I don't think he fits on this team. He is good defensivly, but not big enough to be superior shutdown #3 center that Carlyle needs. I also think that Nazem Kadri is gonna need to get minutes and it will be as the 2nd line center that gets sheltered minutes and powerplay time. That leaves Grabovski with no real spot in the line-up since he can't play with Kessel.

Tyler Bozak- Pretty much the exact same thing as Grabovski. Has a spot on the team as long as the Leafs have no #1 center but once they do, he is gone.

Clarke Macarther- Is a decent player but I am not sold on him being on the team longterm. Can gain an asset at the trade deadline. Don't know why he got an "A" though, if I am almost sure they are gonna trade him.

Cody Franson- Doesn't get any respect. Will flourish somewhere elseafter he gets traded and we will all regret it. Can get another asset once teams in the race start losing defenceman.

Carter Ashton- I have never been sold on him and was really upset when we lost Keith Aulie for him. I am guessing he will be an add on to another player as part of a package for someone else.

Joe Colborne
- Similar to Ashton, I don't know if he has it to make it to the bigs. He could be a #3 shutdown center if he was more physical, cuz he is big and skates alright. I hope he does make it but he will probably be a throw-in in a package for someone else.

I also think that at least 1 piece can be picked up in this draft, whether it is a #1 center or a shutdown #3 center. That would leave 2 pieces to get going forward.

Free agency could also net us a piece.

These 2 players that could change the whole team if they were traded. The assets they also would bring back, would set us up nicely for the future.

Phil Kessel- Game changing player and don't want to see him go. Unless Carlyle thinks he isn't a fit, should stay with the team and see what he can do once Nonis gets him a #1 center and take away some of the pressure on him. I think though, he could be in play around the deadline if the Leafs are bottoming out and he is giving Nonis reasons to think he won't re-sign.

Dion Phaneuf- Another player I don't want to see go, but he would also bring in a nice package, especially this year when defenceman are dropping like flies. Trading Dion would change the culture of the team and the team would be relying on a lot of young defenceman, we would also lose a 6.5 cap hit which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Laughton looks like the next Couturier for them lol. It would cost us Gardiner I'd think, which I would do. Couturier will be a #1C in his near future.

Who is Ghost?

shayne gostisbehere. They recently picked him in the 3rd (i think) round.

He was on team USA. Highly offensive smooth skating Dman with a lot of potential. More of a project, but he can definitely be a top 4 imo. He's a bright spot in their prospect system for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad