2013 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
3 goals on Makarov. Could be a back and forth game. Still puzzled why Vasilevski isn't an option for this game.

Look at 2010 gold medal game. Both US and Canada starters were pulled. Look at least years game with Vasilevski where both Russian and Canadian starters were pulled.

Canada made the right move keeping Subban. Could be the wrong one for Russia.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bruce Jenner on Grigorenko. - Ray Ferraro

O48B4.png

Still, Vasilevski, top 3.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Russia wins Bronze. 4 lightning prospects leave with medals.

Nesterov, Grigorenko, and Vasilevski awarded as 3 top players for Russia in the tournament.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Congratulations to Sergeev, Nesterov, Kucherov, and Vasilevski. They all played a great tournament.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Nichushkin's goal was so beautiful, BTW. He was really impressive in every game I've seen him play. 6'4, 17 year old... gotta wonder where he'll end up in the draft.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Congratulations to Sergeev, Nesterov, Kucherov, and Vasilevski. They all played a great tournament.
Yep they all did, which was great to see. Especially Kucherov. He was dynamite. Just this game you saw everything you wanted to see from him. Put some big hits out on Scheifele and Danault, out worked and got the puck past Harrington multiple times, and almost scored some beauties on Subban. Along with his flashy goals, and his big clutch game against the Swiss, he looked like one of the top level players in this tournament.

Nichushkin's goal was so beautiful, BTW. He was really impressive in every game I've seen him play. 6'4, 17 year old... gotta wonder where he'll end up in the draft.

Somewhere in the 1st round for sure. He had a highlight reel rush that Tkachyov popped in to win it against the Americans and that OT winner he just scored against Canadians for the Bronze. Those are 2 big skill filled goals for a 17 year old in this tournament. He's the hero today for the Russians and his stock will definitely go up thanks to his performance at these world juniors.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Watching USA-Sweden now.

EJ Hradek needs a bit more energy. This is the gold medal game, is he still asleep?

I don't know what Mears and Hradek are talking about. USA doesn't seem that nervous to me. It's there, but USA right now is playing the right way. Other than Trouba selling it.

Are there any Swedes on here? I need to know if I should engage troll mode or not.

Well, anyway, USA shorthanded? You know another time the other side had more guys? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_revolution

Bro, stop the clock. Bro. Bro. Stop the...bro.

Rocco Grimaldi scores with an assist from divine intervention.

Did Grimaldi say that he's favored? I assume he's always talking about god, and I know atheism is pretty popular in Sweden, but saying god likes you just a little bit more is pretty dickish.

Now Grimaldi's getting a penalty. Good thing the attendant probably doesn't speak English. He probably doesn't want to hear the good news.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Way to go USA! :yo::handclap::handclap::handclap:

----------

Final Stats

Player|Games Played|Goals|Assists|Points|PIM|+/-|GW|PPG|SHG|SOG
Kucherov|7|5|3|8|4|+4|2|1|0|21
Nesterov|7|0|4|4|2|+1|0|0|0|12
Sergeev|7|0|2|2|0|+3|0|0|0|5
Richard|6|0|4|4|8|+2|0|0|0|11

Goalie|Games Played|Minutes|GA|Saves|SOG|S%|GAA|SO|W|L
Vasilevski|4|264:50|8|152|160|.950|1.81|1|2|1

Kucherov - Tied for 10th in points, Tied for 3rd in goals, Tied for 1st in Game winning goals
Nesterov - Tied for 8th in points for a defenseman
Vasilevski - 2nd in SV%, 3rd in GGA, Tied for 1st in Shutouts

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Way to go USA! :yo::handclap::handclap::handclap:

----------

Final Stats

Player|Games Played|Goals|Assists|Points|PIM|+/-|GW|PPG|SHG|SOG
Kucherov|7|5|3|8|4|+4|2|1|0|21
Nesterov|7|0|4|4|2|+1|0|0|0|12
Sergeev|7|0|2|2|0|+3|0|0|0|5
Richard|6|0|4|4|8|+2|0|0|0|11

Goalie|Games Played|Minutes|GA|Saves|SOG|S%|GAA|SO|W|L
Vasilevski|4|264:50|8|152|160|.950|1.81|1|2|1

Kucherov - Tied for 10th in points, Tied for 3rd in goals, Tied for 1st in Game winning goals
Nesterov - Tied for 8th in points for a defenseman
Vasilevski - 2nd in SV%, 3rd in GGA, Tied for 1st in Shutouts
Great result for all five Lightning prospects. Vasilevski and Kucherov have been especially impressive. :handclap:

Congratulations to all American Lightning fans on your Gold Medal win!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
EE mentioned that Vinny was on the 98' Canadian team. The one that finished 8th behind Kazhakstan.

You know who else was on that team?

Mathieu Garon, Eric Brewer, Alex Tanguay, Jason Ward, and Cory Sarich.

There was also 09' TB tryout Brett McLean and formerly rumored signing Steve Begin.

I'm sensing a connection here.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Vasilevski had .95% sv percentage but wouldn't be allowed to play at the bronze game? wtf....

Imagine what the rest of HF will say now about him, "He's a bust. If he was is so good how come they didn't even start him in the bronze medal game. I think the coaches know more than people on HF!" :help::cry:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Vasilevski had .95% sv percentage but wouldn't be allowed to play at the bronze game? wtf....
Yeah that was odd. Then again, in soccer for example, you often see players getting a chance to play or at least on the bench in the match for third place. I guess they wanted to give everybody a chance to dress for at least one game.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Imagine what the rest of HF will say now about him, "He's a bust. If he was is so good how come they didn't even start him in the bronze medal game. I think the coaches know more than people on HF!" :help::cry:

The Russian coaches are idiots. The play Makarov against the Canadians and he gets scored on, on two plays that Vasilevskiys size alone would have made the save.

They totally misused their goalies and how he wasnt even the backup in the bronze game is ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad