Prospect Info: 2013 Habs Board Annual Prospect Rankings #1

ScopeHockey

Mar 19, 2010
Fucale for me. #1 goalie potential whereas none of the D-men have #1 D potential and there are no forwards in that group that I'm comfortable projecting as first liners.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Fucale for me. #1 goalie potential whereas none of the D-men have #1 D potential and there are no forwards in that group that I'm comfortable projecting as first liners.

Well we already have our #1 D, plus I would think Beaulieu does. If he improves his defensive play in the next few years he is going to be a great two-way d-man. He certainly has all the tools.

ScopeHockey

Mar 19, 2010
Well we already have our #1 D, plus I would think Beaulieu does. If he improves his defensive play in the next few years he is going to be a great two-way d-man. He certainly has all the tools.

I'm not ranking the prospects based on what we have and where they fit into our team, I'm ranking them based on their stand-alone potential and projection. Also I don't think Beaulieu has the hockey sense to be a #1 D man. To me he's a #3-4 D who runs the power play and plays 20-22 minutes per game.

Bilbo Caufield

Habs Hockey
Dec 9, 2008
Santa Flanella
Voted Tinordi cause he's the most ready of them with very good upside.

But Beaulieu would be ahead if he can fix his defense.....hope he does in the next years cause he has a ninja vision :laugh:

edit : just saw your comment monkey....almost the same about defense issues. Had a good laugh sorry ;)

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Clearly Beaulieu people forget he has some grit and fighting along his underappreciated size of 6'3" and offensive wiz to boot... just got to be patient.. Tinordi only has 3 inches on him and a nasty streak, other than that Beaulieu might even be a better fighter...

Beaulieu is 6'1", as he was listed on the Habs website.

Did you see Beaulieu play for the Habs?

Was he taller than Patches, who is 6'2"?

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I'm not ranking the prospects based on what we have and where they fit into our team, I'm ranking them based on their stand-alone potential and projection. Also I don't think Beaulieu has the hockey sense to be a #1 D man. To me he's a #3-4 D who runs the power play and plays 20-22 minutes per game.

Beaulieu is clearly the guy with the most potential out of all our prospects, plus he has very good hockey sense.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
in terms of pure "upside", I have to go with Collberg.

Of all the guys on the list, if each were to reach their absolute ceiling, I think he's the best of the bunch.

Tinordi, Beaulieu & Fucale all probably have a better chance of ending up better players, but in terms of pure ceiling Sebastian takes it imo.

Add Dumont.

hogtownhabsfan*

Tinordi. Proximity to NHL, and a safe bet to be a top 4 D-man.

ScopeHockey

Mar 19, 2010
Beaulieu is clearly the guy with the most potential out of all our prospects, plus he has very good hockey sense.

Come on man. Clearly? Some hockey pundits (Craig Button for one) say that Fucale is the best goalie they've seen at his age in a while. Beaulieu's a great player but many have questioned his decision making which is probably one of the harder weaknesses to improve.

I'm not saying Fucale is the clear cut #1 prospect but I think it's laughable that you're implying Beaulieu is miles ahead of all other Habs prospects in terms of potential.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Come on man. Clearly? Some hockey pundits (Craig Button for one) say that Fucale is the best goalie they've seen at his age in a while. Beaulieu's a great player but many have questioned his decision making which is probably one of the harder weaknesses to improve.

I'm not saying Fucale is the clear cut #1 prospect but I think it's laughable that you're implying Beaulieu is miles ahead of all other Habs prospects in terms of potential.

Where did I say he was miles ahead? Tinordi is obviously someone who has more chance to reach his potential, which would be a top 4 minute eating defenseman. Although Beaulieu is a tough one to predict, you said he doesn't have the potential to be a #1 D and I disagree with that. He has very good hockey IQ and will continue to improve defensively. I doubt there is another prospect who has the same raw skill and upside as Beaulieu does, he has also shown very good progression since his draft year and had a great first season in Hamilton. Like all prospects there is a small chance Beaulieu does reach his potential but if he does he will be something terrific and will be a #1 d-man.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is a very tight race.. and I went for Beaulieu because I believe he has the highest upside in the pool. Just tremendously impressed with his vision and how composed/smart he was with the puck in the NHL. He'll never be a defensive stalwart but I see enough of his game that he won't be terribad defensively for an offense-first guy.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Last time i heard he was 6'3 maybe im wrong oddly enough he isnt displayed on the bulldogs roster (official website).... yet i found this where he was already at 6'2" 190lbs and its a 2012 document

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox/news/?article_id=72

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

He's listed as 6'1" on the Habs website, and I think this is what his actual size is just by watching him play, he was definitely shorter than Patches who is 6'2".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->