Not open for further replies.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
5th + 2nd in 2014
For
6th + 28th

6th
For
7th + 56th (under guise that we will trade it to Buffalo)

McBain + Bowman
For
Clutterbuck

Maximum profit.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Word out of Edmonton is that EDM and Carolina are talking about swapping picks. We would then take Nurse or Risto at the #7. But we may not get the 37 but the 56, the 2nd rounder EDM got from Anaheim.

While I wouldn't mind this, we could do better..... I wouldn't settle for anything less than the 37 for dropping down 2 spots. And we should look Lindholm at the 7.

But I keep noticing that Nurse keeps getting attached to us.....hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Writers keep making the jump from "Canes need defense in 13-14" to "Canes will draft a dman, who will help in 15-16."

If we do get a dman to move down a couple spots, then there is no reason not to take the leftover of Monahan/Lindhollm/Nichushkin.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
Writers keep making the jump from "Canes need defense in 13-14" to "Canes will draft a dman, who will help in 15-16."

If we do get a dman to move down a couple spots, then there is no reason not to take the leftover of Monahan/Lindhollm/Nichushkin.

This.

The review on Nurse on official site basically called him a project. Risto was more favorable, probably the target if we drop down to 8-10, but JR has said the defense needs help NOW, not in 2-3 years.

This just stems from people saying "oh, Canes need defense, they must be taking Nurse." Probably mostly Edmonton, Calgary, and Buffalo fans hoping that means offense falls. I just don't see it happening.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The only way we're not drafting a forward here is if by some bizarre circumstance Jones drops to #5. Otherwise, forget it. Ristolainen could help... in a year or two. Nurse is a project... there's just no way we don't take someone that can actually help in our lineup this coming season in more then a bottom line/pairing capacity. We'll trade for our defensive help, and no, that doesn't mean Coburn for #5 much to Philly fans chagrin.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
The only way we're not drafting a forward here is if by some bizarre circumstance Jones drops to #5. Otherwise, forget it. Ristolainen could help... in a year or two. Nurse is a project... there's just no way we don't take someone that can actually help in our lineup this coming season in more then a bottom line/pairing capacity. We'll trade for our defensive help, and no, that doesn't mean Coburn for #5 much to Philly fans chagrin.

Philly still is only $1 million under the Cap with a huge question mark in Steve Mason in net. They aren't dealing from a position of strength. I would think JR could manage to keep the 5th and still get him, maybe with a 1st next year in the deal.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Hmm. A rumor of #1 overall and Johnson to TB for #3 and Hedman?

Perhaps COL feels they can get Jones at #3? Or are they high on Barkov?

Not sure why COL would do that. Johnson hasn't turned out to be worthy of the #1 overall, but Hedman is no Erik Karlsson either.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC

Well, as I just wrote in another thread, Canes expected to take Nurse with the 5th pick if both are still there. Good to hear that he is a "project"

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Well, as I just wrote in another thread, Canes expected to take Nurse with the 5th pick if both are still there. Good to hear that he is a "project"

"Expected"?? By Whom?

Even JR knows that's dumb. Now if we trade down and grab him? Fine, but not at 5.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
This is the direct quote from the Sun:

Carolina GM Jim Rutherford is listening to offers for the No. 5 selection, but he hasn't heard anything he's liked just yet. The Hurricanes need a top four defenceman and would move the pick if anybody made him an offer he can't refuse. Otherwise, the thinking is the 'Canes will use the selection to take Sault Ste. Marie defenceman Darnell Nurse. "From what I've been told they really like him," said a league executive ... The Florida Panthers are trying to move Tomas Fleischmann before the draft. He has two years left with a cap hit of $4.5 million per-season. He was available at the deadline in February but the club couldn't move him.

Of course, the Canes desperately need a top-4 D so they will take Nurse... Who may be a top-4 D in 3-5 years. Solves everything.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Ok, just wondering what some of you think we could get on defense in return for Skinner. I personally think we need to get bigger, and the history of Skinner and concussions scares me. I am sure other GM's think the same, but lets just discuss this as a possibility.

Trade Skinner for Dman

Draft best available forward that can fill that hole this year.

I also think that whoever we get cant be any worse defensively than Skinner has been.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Anyone got a prescription of antidepressants I can devour if we happen to take Nurse at 5? That and lots and lots of liquor.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Nurse would be a fine additon to the prospect tree. But at 5 it's a big reach.

McKenzie says we are taking Nichushkin, Monahan or Lindholm. Since he and JR are BFF's, I'll listen more to him than Garrioch.

I also like hearing that JR is listening but he has not gotten any offers he sees as adequate. That is great news! Hold out for the big haul JR!

CaniacSZN

May 20, 2013
Bruins looking to trade Seguin for a top 10 pick and an impact level player. Don't do it Jim!

CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty reports the proposed asking price for Seguin is steep: Boston wants in the top-10 of Sunday’s draft (the Bruins don’t draft until No. 60 overall) and an impact-level roster player.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Bruins are delusional if they think they're getting a top 10 pick and a good roster player for Seguin. They can get one of those with another small addition but they aren't getting both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad