Guillaume Latendresse - Jim O'Brien - Erik Condra

Marc Methot - Patrick Wiercioch
Jared Cowen - Sergei Gonchar
Chris Phillips - Andre Benoit

Craig Anderson
Robin Lehner[/FIELDSET]

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
What will our D look like once Cowen returns? Do we sit Gryba or Benoit? I would think 1 RH shot would be good to have?

Do we pair Methot with Cowen?

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
What will our D look like once Cowen returns? Do we sit Gryba or Benoit? I would think 1 RH shot would be good to have?

Do we pair Methot with Cowen?

It will be interesting for sure. If he's up to speed, Cowen will add a real boost.

I like putting top guys together, so for me - I would put Cowen and Methot together. Roll them against the other teams best guys.

I'm interested in where people are putting Wiercioch though. I love his passes and all but seeing people put him in the top 4 is a bit puzzling to me. He (of our regular guys) sees the ice the least of our defencemen. He struggles defensively. Wiercioch is a nice bottom pairing guy and a PP asset but that's about it for now.

The coaches have really managed this guys playing time and I don't think that's going to change as the games get tougher.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Michalek-Spezza-Briere
Greening-Turris-Alfredsson
Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil
Kassian

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Wiercioch-Phillips
Benoit

Anderson
Lehner

First three lines get even ice time, more to whoever is playing best.

Berserker*

Michalek-Spezza-Briere
Greening-Turris-Alfredsson
Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil
Kassian

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Wiercioch-Phillips
Benoit

Anderson
Lehner

First three lines get even ice time, more to whoever is playing best.

Is this a proposed lineup for next season? If it is, I think at least a few of our prospects such as Stone, Noesen, Dziurzynski, Grant, Hoffman or Pageau make the jump.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Is this a proposed lineup for next season? If it is, I think at least a few of our prospects such as Stone, Noesen, Dziurzynski, Grant, Hoffman or Pageau make the jump.
Yes, but which of those prospects make it over who? I really think Murray adds a veteran top 6 via FA, and I don't think any of those listed prospects will overtake a current roster player. I think one extra year for the likes of Stone, Hoffman, etc.

Berserker*

Yes, but which of those prospects make it over who? I really think Murray adds a veteran top 6 via FA, and I don't think any of those listed prospects will overtake a current roster player. I think one extra year for the likes of Stone, Hoffman, etc.

Well, it will certainly create some interesting and difficult decisions for management in the off season. Contingent on how close they feel some of those prospects are, they may consider moving O'brien, Condra and Greening to make space. They also need to consider whether to re-sign Lattendresse or not. There is also the possibility that they entertain the idea of shipping Michalek out due to him being injury prone. Still very speculative at this point.

Aside from that, will Philly even need to buy out Briere if they buy our Bryzgalov? Or were you suggesting making a trade?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Okay let's assume we do sign Briere... Keep Gonchar and Alfredsson and let Latendresse walk.
Trade O'Brien. Let Regin walk. 2 way deal to Da Costa or trade him. I have 13 forwards and Kassian due to injuries. And 8 D-men, keeping Benoit. If everyone stays healthy when the season starts you can trade Gryba or Benoit.
I would play Briere at centre. He is better there.

Michalek-Spezza-Turris
Conacher-Briere-Alfredsson
Pageau-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Greening-Smith-Neil
Condra
Kassian
So many call ups!

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Weircioch
Gryba-Benoit

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Have we ever had a line of Michalek/Spezza/Condra for any significant time?

What do people think of that line? Whenever I do capgeek lines I'm always stuck with what to do with Condra as RW or Turris as a C...

100% healthy with players already in the fold:
Michalek/Spezza/Condra
Conacher/Zibby/Silf
Greening/Turris/Alfie
Lats/Smith/Neil
(helps if you think of it as three #2 lines maybe and then an energy line.. just roll em' over all night long)

Think there's any gel there with Condra with Spezz and 9MM? Or just too much of a reach to fit him there just b/c he's a right-hand shot? I kinda like having Condra there b/c of how much EK and Spezza seem to be on the ice at the same time, Condra has that defensive IQ right. he'll keep us from having too many guys in deep if EK steps in... and he's not going to finish anyway so no need to get caught up ice. ;)

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Have we ever had a line of Michalek/Spezza/Condra for any significant time?

What do people think of that line? Whenever I do capgeek lines I'm always stuck with what to do with Condra as RW or Turris as a C...

100% healthy with players already in the fold:
Michalek/Spezza/Condra
Conacher/Zibby/Silf
Greening/Turris/Alfie
Lats/Smith/Neil
(helps if you think of it as three #2 lines maybe and then an energy line.. just roll em' over all night long)

Think there's any gel there with Condra with Spezz and 9MM? Or just too much of a reach to fit him there just b/c he's a right-hand shot? I kinda like having Condra there b/c of how much EK and Spezza seem to be on the ice at the same time, Condra has that defensive IQ right. he'll keep us from having too many guys in deep if EK steps in... and he's not going to finish anyway so no need to get caught up ice. ;)

Greening, spezza and michalek is the first line to me. Would rather have condra with turris and alfie. Lats with smith and neil, then kid line

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder what JOB has done or not done that has him stuck in Maclean's dog house? He seemed to be playing fairly well at the beginning of the season & was scoring, I don't get it.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I used to be all like Greening >>> Condra, but now I'm totally like Condra >>>>>>>>> Greening.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I used to be all like Greening >>> Condra, but now I'm totally like Condra >>>>>>>>> Greening.

really? greening has looked pretty good this year. he's hitting a lot more, and is still putting up some points (on pace for two fewer than last season over a full season). condra has been great defensively again this year, while his passing in the offensive zone hasn't been as effective as last year (though he is on pace for only five fewer points over a full season compared to last season). i'd say they're both important roll players that are both very effective.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I wonder what JOB has done or not done that has him stuck in Maclean's dog house? He seemed to be playing fairly well at the beginning of the season & was scoring, I don't get it.

Well whatever it was it hapoened awhile ago or throughout the season. Now it is no question. Pageau is awesome in every aspect of the game. Regin and O'brien were dound defensively and black holes of offence. Pageau is soynd defensively and dynamic in his entire game. Unless Pageau is injured or really slows down O'brien is not getting back in. Hockey IQ of Pageau is >>>>>> then O'Brien. I think O'brien is a fine player. I think Pageau is a stud.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
really? greening has looked pretty good this year. he's hitting a lot more, and is still putting up some points (on pace for two fewer than last season over a full season). condra has been great defensively again this year, while his passing in the offensive zone hasn't been as effective as last year (though he is on pace for only five fewer points over a full season compared to last season). i'd say they're both important roll players that are both very effective.

Both look better centered by Pageau. Could be a perfect line long term. Mickalek and Alfie should be with Turris or Spezza and vice versa. Much cred to Greening for having same numbers ad last year bouncing around and without Spezza. He can be offensive. Condra crashed... Literally!!!!! The net last game!

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Both look better centered by Pageau. Could be a perfect line long term. Mickalek and Alfie should be with Turris or Spezza and vice versa. Much cred to Greening for having same numbers ad last year bouncing around and without Spezza. He can be offensive. Condra crashed... Literally!!!!! The net last game!

i saw that!

i was quite impressed. maybe he's adding new dimensions to his offensive game. he gonna' be so dynamic! :sarcasm:

but really, i like that line. they're forechecking hard and getting lots of chances. all of our lines are, lol. it's great.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Michalek-Zibanejad-Alfie
Conacher-Turris-Silfverberg
Latendresse-Pageau-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Gonchar
Cowen-Gryba
Phillips-Wiercioch/Benoit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

And that's with no Spezza who most thought was the only reason he put up 37 pts, about a min less PP toi per game, and the team as a whole going from top 5 in scoring to bottom 5.

He's doing pretty much the same as last year with less opportunity.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Silfverberg-Zibanejad-Alfie
Conacher-Turris-Michelak
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gryba
Wiercioch-Gonchar

Philips

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
And that's with no Spezza who most thought was the only reason he put up 37 pts, about a min less PP toi per game, and the team as a whole going from top 5 in scoring to bottom 5.

He's doing pretty much the same as last year with less opportunity.

i think greening is just one of those players that produces and dies his thing as long as he gets minutes. we could play him anywhere in the line-up and he'd add speed, size, some physical play and chip in 30-35 points, regardless of his line-mates

WhiteLight*

Michalek-Zibanejad-Alfie
Conacher-Turris-Silfverberg
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Gonchar
Cowen-Gryba
Phillips-Wiercioch/Benoit

Why do people like that 4th line? They are AWFUL. They don't mesh at all. In theory the big bodies that crash and bang sound fun, but it doesn't work, not even a little bit.

Latendresse does well with Smith. It's either him or Condra as the 4th line LW, no other choices.

Greening - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Michalek - Pageau - Condra
Latendresse - Smith - Neil

Or

Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Pageau - Michalek
Condra - Smith - Neil

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The last two games we have played great. The lines are fine. The best we have had all year. Assuming Latendresse plays over Kassian. Just because we lost is no reason to change the lines. We have won 4 of 5 games with these lines, since Michalek and Pageau were in the lineup and Latendresse was sent to the Smith line. The game we lost we got 50 shots and dominated the play for 80% of the game. Saying these lines are not working is not paying attention. We have had trouble scoring ever since Karlsson left the lineup. We are a heck of a lot more threatening the last 5 games. Pageau has helped make Condra dangerous. Condra!!! We could Focus on his lack of finish. But if he keeps getting chances even he will score some.

Mickalek makes Turris's line so much more dangerous. Even if it doesn't always seem apparent... The odds are that line will score more.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I’m thinking there will be a significant trade moving some of O’Brien, Greening, Condra, Conacher, Smith to make room for the young guys Hoffman, Stone and Pageau. Noesen might even get a shot later in the year.

If we are to move up in the draft, Michalek might be in play as well.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Turris conversation has me thinking about Turris on the wing again.

Next year, barring a top line signing, I'd like to try:

Conacher-Spezza-Alfie (Spezza and Alfie are the only two guys smart enough to fully take advantage of each other, and Conacher was lights out on the top line with TB and goes to ugly places)

Michalek-Zibanejad-Turris (Michalek and ZIbby are big & physical, cycle well, Turris can work space and capitalize on Ziby's playmaking)

Greening-Pageau- Silfverberg (amazing board play here, Silf can shoot and will give Pageau offensive support, responsible in both ends, Silf on PP and soon enough he''ll be THE PK guy also)

Lats-Smith-Neil (gritty 4th line that some here love and some here hate, I like this line a lot and Lats can get some PP time)

Kassian and Condra in as needed based on play & injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->