Line Combos: 2013 Combos Pt. 2

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
The other thread hasn't been used for a week and is almost at 1000 posts, just thought I'd start a new one.

What about

Michalek
Turris
Stone
Silfverberg
Zibanejad
Alfredsson
Greening
O Brien
Condra
Regin
Smith
Neil
Daugavins

Methot
Gryba
Wiercioch
Gonchar
Phillips
Benoit
Lundin

Bishop
Anderson
Lehner

I think this could be our active roster by the end of next week unless I'm missing something. Then as soon as Anderson is 100% ready, Lehner will be sent down and someone would come up.

Line combos?

WhiteLight*

Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Zibanejad - Condra
Silfverberg - Regin - O'Brien
Dziurzynsky - Smith - Neil
Daugavins

Wiercioch - Gonchar
Methot - Borowiecki
Phillips - Benoit
Lundin

Anderson
Bishop

WhiteLight*

I'd like to see Stone in our lineup sooner than later.

Only way it happens (should happen) is if Turris and Alfie are split.

Turris - Stone
Regin - Alfredsson

don't really want to see Stone in the bottom 6. Dizzy has also been decent and he would the odd man out.

Michalek - Turris - Stone
Silfverberg - Regin - Alfredsson
O'Brien - Smith - Neil
Daugavins

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'd try that seriously. Need to take off pressure on the STA line.. They'd be a good 2nd line but can't face top defensive units from other teams (Turris/Silfverberg too young unexperienced, Alfie too old). Regin would thrive as a defensive center and can still create offensive chances. He needs linemates who can finish though. Michalek has finish and Stone is just a wise player.

Michalek-Regin-Stone
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-O Brien-Zibanejad
Condra-Smith-Neil
Daugavins

Methot-Gryba
Wiercioch-Gonchar
Phillips-Benoit
Lundin (injured)

Anderson
Bishop

Note : Gryba and Wiercioch are replacing Karlsson and Cowen lol

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Michalek-Turris-Stone
Silfverberg-Zibanejad-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Condra
O Brien-Smith-Neil
Daugavins

Methot-Gryba
Wiercioch-Gonchar
Phillips-Benoit
Lundin

Anderson
Bishop

That's what I'd like to see.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Michalek-Turris-Stone
Silfverberg-Zibanejad-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Condra
O Brien-Smith-Neil
Daugavins

Methot-Gryba
Wiercioch-Gonchar
Phillips-Benoit
Lundin

Anderson
Bishop

That's what I'd like to see.

This except replace Benoit with Lundin, and switch Lundin with Wiercioch.

WhiteLight*

Gryba is overwhelmed right now. It's madness when he's on the ice. Boro was better in his stint, so I think he should get another one.

Wiercioch - Gonchar is the #1 pair. They play against the top line usually and have generally been good. No more sitting for Wiercioch.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Gryba is overwhelmed right now. It's madness when he's on the ice. Boro was better in his stint, so I think he should get another one.

Wiercioch - Gonchar is the #1 pair. They play against the top line usually and have generally been good. No more sitting for Wiercioch.

Wiercioch is actually worse defensively than Gryba. I wouldn't do that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This team needs a bit of a shake-up. Our offense is piss-poor right now.

Michalek - Da Costa - Silfverberg
Greening - Turris - Alfredsson
Smith - Zibanejad - Condra
Dziurzynski - O'Brien - Neil

I'd like to see that kind of line-up for a while...Or maybe trade for Brassard and plug him in where Da Costa is.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This team needs a bit of a shake-up. Our offense is piss-poor right now.

Smith - Zibanejad - Condra
Dziurzynski - O'Brien - Neil

I'd like to see that kind of line-up for a while...Or maybe trade for Brassard and plug him in where Da Costa is.

also maybe call up stone and give him a couple games.

Smith - Zibanejad - Stone
Condra - O'Brien - Neil

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Da Costa can't handle the size of NHL players yet & needs another yr of AHL seasoning & to strengthen up. If we think Turris can't handle playing on the first line what makes anyone think Regin can, who is an inferior player to Turris. Unfortunately there will be no room for Stone on the roster until maybe after the trade deadline although I would prefer Stone over Condra on that 2nd line. Stone brings more size, more strength & just as good of a hockey IQ plus some great hands & more offensive scoring potential. I think he makes Condra expendable at so point.

Silfverberg - Regin - JOB
DD - Z. Smith - Neil/Daugavins

Methot - Benoit
Wiercioch - Gonchar ( Gonchar should be traded at the deadline)
Phillips - Gryba/Boroweicki (until Lundin comes back)

Anderson - Bishop

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Unfortunately there will be no room for Stone on the roster until maybe after the trade deadline although I would prefer Stone over Condra on that 2nd line. Stone brings more size, more strength & just as good of a hockey IQ plus some great hands & more offensive scoring potential. I think he makes Condra expendable at so point.

totally disagree. those are totally different players which totally play different roles on this team. totally.

Last edited:

Berserker*

IMO Da Costa can't handle the size of NHL players yet & needs another yr of AHL seasoning & to strengthen up. If we think Turris can't handle playing on the first line what makes anyone think Regin can, who is an inferior player to Turris. Unfortunately there will be no room for Stone on the roster until maybe after the trade deadline although I would prefer Stone over Condra on that 2nd line. Stone brings more size, more strength & just as good of a hockey IQ plus some great hands & more offensive scoring potential. I think he makes Condra expendable at so point.

Silfverberg - Regin - JOB
DD - Z. Smith - Neil/Daugavins

Methot - Benoit
Wiercioch - Gonchar ( Gonchar should be traded at the deadline)
Phillips - Gryba/Boroweicki (until Lundin comes back)

Anderson - Bishop

I would take out Regin and put Stone in. Regin has proven that he can't be a top six forward so he is basically just a soft finesse bottom sixer at this point. Stone on the other hand is the 2nd best play maker after Alfredsson in that lineup.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I would take out Regin and put Stone in. Regin has proven that he can't be a top six forward so he is basically just a soft finesse bottom sixer at this point. Stone on the other hand is the 2nd best play maker after Alfredsson in that lineup.

nah, regin is playing well killing penalties and getting shootout goals. dd goes back down.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Lines for Wednesday's game:

Michalek-Turris-Stone
Silfverberg-Regin-Alfie
Greening-Zibanejad-Condra
O'Brien-Smith-Neil

source

Jul 13, 2008

Michalek-Turris-Stone
Silfverberg-Regin-Alfie
O'Brien-Smith-Neil

Very nice.

I wouldn't mind seeing Daugavins draw in for Smith though, and sticking JOB in the centre spot on that line.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB

Michalek-Turris-Stone
Silfverberg-Regin-Alfie
O'Brien-Smith-Neil
I love it, but switch Regin and Zibby for me. Zibby is hot offensively, let's see if he can produce with better linemates.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Lines at practice this morning:

Michalek-Turris-Alfie
Stone-Regin-Silfverberg
Dizzy-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil
Latendresse-O'Brien-Daug

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lines at practice this morning:

Michalek-Turris-Alfie
Stone-Regin-Silfverberg
Dizzy-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil
Latendresse-O'Brien-Daug

if it stays like this, i'm assuming these guys are sitting. although i would sit dd down and replace him with job.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
JOB seems to be really getting a raw deal.

I'll be really disappointed if they role with that loaded up top line again on the road. Its too damn easy for the opposing coaches though it was worse when Michalek was out. Seems like teams have just gone top line vs top line and are forcing Turris to be our shutdown ceter instead of our #1. Now he'll get the top checking lines instead. Not sure if this is an improvement.

They should split them up IMO. Maybe put smith out with Turris to take some draws, stick Stone on the other wing. Put Alfie with Zibanejad, Michalek with O'Brien or Regin. Spread it out and get the other team just riling their lines like we need to be.

Berserker*

JOB seems to be really getting a raw deal.

I'll be really disappointed if they role with that loaded up top line again on the road. Its too damn easy for the opposing coaches though it was worse when Michalek was out. Seems like teams have just gone top line vs top line and are forcing Turris to be our shutdown ceter instead of our #1. Now he'll get the top checking lines instead. Not sure if this is an improvement.

They should split them up IMO. Maybe put smith out with Turris to take some draws, stick Stone on the other wing. Put Alfie with Zibanejad, Michalek with O'Brien or Regin. Spread it out and get the other team just riling their lines like we need to be.

Ya, it probably would be beneficial to spread out the offence. Even if the opposition keys in on our proven offensive guys like Alfie, Turris and Michalek, it will just create more space for some of our younger players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad