Speculation: 2013 Caps training camp thread

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If you actually believe dman playoff spots/icetime were awarded based on merit last year I don't know what to tell you. Wideman/Schultz were historically horrible.

Im saying the kid has a lot left to prove, clearly if he couldn't even unseat 55 from the lineup...

I'll bite...how did Hunter and McPhee decide, dartboard?

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
a. untouchable. on most teams, most players are very unlikely to be involved in trade talks. if green struggles, i would not be surprised to see him trade. if he is playing well, i see no viable scenario where he is.

b. orlov in a conversation involving wey, schilling and so forth is both ahead of the process and projected as a top 4. if you have 5 defense prospects, you cant plan on all 5 being in the top 4.

that orlov was scratched for the playoffs shouldnt be held against him. orlov was in his first na pro season. he had played more hockey games than at any other time in his life. the caps were healthy on defense for the playoffs. all those things worked against orlov playing. i would expect a different outcome this year

I'm not being criticial, I'm pointing out a fact that everyone praising him for a ticket to the top 4 seem to have forgotten or just choose to ignore. Kid has a way to go to unseat the vets ahead of him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm not being criticial, I'm pointing out a fact that everyone praising him for a ticket to the top 4 seem to have forgotten or just choose to ignore. Kid has a way to go to unseat the vets ahead of him.

i'd think in the course of normal developement he would be ready to take hamrlik's ice next season when his contract expires. i'd guess that is the plan.

that said, again, the comment was based on the system depth. some thinking the caps are thin on prospects capable of being top 4. my point was that the top 4 is pretty well set with carlson, alzner and green plus orlov who is ahead of the rest on the developement ladder.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Hey Caps fans... is Backstrom playing tommorow? I'm in a fantasy League and i'm owning Backstrom.. I'd like to know if im starting him or let him sit on the bench for my first week.

Thanks

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Hey Caps fans... is Backstrom playing tommorow? I'm in a fantasy League and i'm owning Backstrom.. I'd like to know if im starting him or let him sit on the bench for my first week.

Thanks

Yes, he's playing. Supposedly he's 100%.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Im saying the kid has a lot left to prove, clearly if he couldn't even unseat 55 from the lineup...

I'll bite...how did Hunter and McPhee decide, dartboard?

you make a good point here that supports orlov. hunter decided the same way he decided that they were better off with beagle playing 25 minutes and ov playing 15. mcphee wasnt involved.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The last thing I would judge a Caps player by is his icetime in HunterHockey.

I think Dale would have been much better suited for a low skilled, hard working scrappy team, ala those Caps teams he played on in the 90s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad