Speculation: 2013 Caps training camp thread

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Nice seeing Ovie back over here so quickly, along with the other players trickling in.

ovi_kci-e1357658465458.jpg

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Sounds like Schilling may be the only other Hershey player coming up.

Maryland17

Jan 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
Yeah, Schilling coming out of Miami, I could see him as an Andy Greene type player. Rock solid 5/6 guy.

Only thing is, Schilling's cap hit is $1.775, so maybe somehow we can move a few players, though we would still be under the cap if we took him on.

Also, one would have to assume GMGM doesn't believe Poti is close to game action, Schilling is already in peak game shape. I think he sticks in the short-term.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
They have 7 without Schilling or Orlov, so Schilling would have to really outplay Hillen to make it I'd think. But at least this way they have 8 healthy D for camp just to have options.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I hope they just scrap the entire preseason and go right to regular season.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
McPhee says that's what they're doing.

I am glad he is not in charge.

SkyKerstein
#Caps GMGM on if he prefers to have a preseason game "Oh sure. Yeah. I'd like to have nine."

I guess he thinks Oates needs as many games as possible. Its hockey, and they all know how to play already. Sometimes, the coach just needs to get out of the way. Sure the PP will need work and what not.

They could probably go coachless and win their first game. Have Laich run things.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
At a minimum he didn't flat out make **** up about Backstrom's health.

I made up ****. I said I was deducing from the fact in an interview he was happy and there was nothing about said injury.

Feel a little dizzy doesn't mean concussion, and Ovechin was talking about when he got hit he felt a little dizzy, not right now.

And looking at what Ovechkin was saying, it could of just been an analogy.

Starts at 2:15

Last edited:

Liberati0n*

At a minimum he didn't flat out make **** up about Backstrom's health.

I did. I ignored all the available information about the injury and decided neck injury = concussion. He probably doesn't have one, but given how concussions are usually reported by teams/players you never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad