2013 Calder Cup Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins Avatars

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
It was mentioned in another thread that at least some people here were interested in Griffins Avatars to celebrate their Calder Cup Win.

How do you guys like this format? I did a few of them in this format already but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys and gals before going any further.

DeKeyser-1.gif

If you like them and want a custom picture just post it in the thread and I'll get to it as soon as possible, I can also do them for prospects who haven't made quite made the Griffins yet. If you don't care feel free to take any of the ones I've done of the whole roster.

I'll post those tomorrow when I get a chance to animate them.

Edit - The timing needs to be fixed on the animating, I'm new at making gifs. I'll fix that on the finished versions.

If the Avatar is sticking on the last image then try saving it to your computer and uploading it instead of linking it.

Almqvist
Andersson
Aubry
Billins
Callahan
Coetzee
Evans
Ferraro
Fournier
Glendening
Grant
Hoggan
Jarnkrok
Jensen
Jurco
Lashoff
McCollum
Mrazek
Mursak
Nestrasil
NiCastro
Nyquist
Paetsch
Pare
Parkes
Pearce
Pulkkinen
Raedeke
Sheahan
Skinner
Sproul
Tatar

A Few Custom versions

RedWingsNow1
RedWingsNow2
RedWingsNow3
RedWingsNow4
SportsballChic Custom
DatsyuktoZetterberg Custom
TheZetterbergEra Custom

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I personally like it. Most of your work is solid stuff and this is no different! I am fond of the overrated sarcasm, lol.

I'm down for an avatar, though. I'll post a pic of a player once I find one that I like.

Thanks, Flashy. :)

RedWingsNow*

It's great that we display our passive-aggressive persecution complex on display for all fans to see -- right in our avatars

Red Wings Fans -- Disrespected and picked on by other fans since 1993

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
It's great that we display our passive-aggressive persecution complex on display for all fans to see -- right in our avatars

Red Wings Fans -- Disrespected and picked on by other fans since 1993

Not a terrible slogan but a little wordy for a 125x125 image.

I know they're good when you give only a passive-aggressive complaint though!

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I would love a Sproul one that says something about size being a disadvantage:sarcasm:

then again I do want a Jurco avatar. and the slogan about being overrated would be cool for that one.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I'll do both a Sproul and a Jurco one but I want to come up with one slogan for all of them so I only have to edit one slide.

I'm flexible on what the slogan will be though...I just used the one suggested in the other thread.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
I'll do both a Sproul and a Jurco one but I want to come up with one slogan for all of them so I only have to edit one slide.

I'm flexible on what the slogan will be though...I just used the one suggested in the other thread.

Despite this going against my better judgement in agreeing with RWN... the "prospects overrated" line does seem a bit passive aggressive.

I mean... we're Red Wings fans; this seems a bit "little brother"

(yes I root for Michigan. Don't bother, I like MSU too they just aren't my school)

That having been said, I just wanna hang out with the cool kids so whatever slogan everyone else likes is fine with me :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Love the slogan and the moving picture. Know you just hooked me up with a Tvrdon one, but the one with a moving graphic would be really cool.

Also know the moving graphic works different, so if made can there be a refresher course on how to get these so they don't stall on the first graphic.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Love the slogan and the moving picture. Know you just hooked me up with a Tvrdon one, but the one with a moving graphic would be really cool.

Also know the moving graphic works different, so if made can there be a refresher course on how to get these so they don't stall on the first graphic.

Seconded and please write it out for dummies. My computer is basically an overpriced type-writer to me :) I can't even put a youtube video in one of these posts #DumbAsRocks :(

Edit: also, thank you. These are really cool, and I am really digging screaming Mrazo every time I post :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Despite this going against my better judgement in agreeing with RWN... the "prospects overrated" line does seem a bit passive aggressive.

I mean... we're Red Wings fans; this seems a bit "little brother"

(yes I root for Michigan. Don't bother, I like MSU too they just aren't my school)

That having been said, I just wanna hang out with the cool kids so whatever slogan everyone else likes is fine with me :)

It is something if you make your way over to the prospect thread on the main pages makes you laugh.

While I understand the people on the trade board dumping on us only offering huge prospect deals sometimes to guys like Malkin which would never be accepted even if we wanted to gut the entire farm. On the prospect threads it is tiring as the system is clearly flush with talent, which is constantly called overrated over there.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
It is something if you make your way over to the prospect thread on the main pages makes you laugh.

While I understand the people on the trade board dumping on us only offering huge prospect deals sometimes to guys like Malkin which would never be accepted even if we wanted to gut the entire farm. On the prospect threads it is tiring as the system is clearly flush with talent, which is constantly called overrated over there.

Ohhhhh, so it's an inside joke. Okay. I like it a lot better then lol. Sorry, I lacked context :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Seconded and please write it out for dummies. My computer is basically an overpriced type-writer to me :) I can't even put a youtube video in one of these posts #DumbAsRocks :(

Edit: also, thank you. These are really cool, and I am really digging screaming Mrazo every time I post :)

For youtube you drop everything after the equals sign so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZiXzWbszE4

so just the 1ZiXzWbszE4 portion in the YT brakers which will appear after clicking that youtube button icon.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
If we don't like the slogan I can remove that frame and just have it go from 2013 Calder Cup Champions to the player slide.

Also if you don't want them to freeze on the first frame you have to use the web link to rather than saving them to your computer and uploading them. At least that worked when I tested the Dekeyser one.

I'll make sure they're all under 25kb so they shouldn't cause any problems.

RedWingsNow*

I love our prospects.
But we haven't developed a single impact player since when?
The 2004 draft?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

I even did a few custom versions for Captain Bob.

Let me know if you have any problems, and if you want a custom one post it in this thread and I'll get to it when I can.

Hope you enjoy them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad